Thread: SotW nerf.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I do hope they don't go nerf crazy. A nerf to the AoE component of SotW is justified imo. Sadly, I wouldn't be shocked if they did the same thing to fists afterward. Fists is pretty crazy in it's own right. The entirety of our aoe kit is just really really strong.

I feel pretty strong on single target, but nowhere near the crazy outlier classes. I just really hope they keep the nerf confined to aoe only. Anything else would be pretty stupid.
    As I mentioned in my post in the Rant thread, Blizzard has a reputation about that... they seem a bit too nerf-happy with Monks and I have no doubt that SotW will not be the only thing nerfed.

Don't get why people complain about the WoD treatment, what treatment? They needed the nerf back then, and they where still strong. What fucked monk up was that stupid legendary ring that didn't go well with monk

What if instead of dealing so much burst damage, it deals average damage to secondary targets, but also applies a SCK debuff to all targets hit.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

When an 801 ww, with artifact points in RSK (4 pts in total i think), destroys 835 players (in that mythic dungeon it was rogue and shadow), are you really surprised that our insanely overpowered ability gets nerfed? Along with storm, earth and fire, fist of fury, whirling dragon punch our aoe and single target is pretty cray cray

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    What if instead of dealing so much burst damage, it deals average damage to secondary targets, but also applies a SCK debuff to all targets hit.
    Would make our Aoe even better i think

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    When an 801 ww, with artifact points in RSK (4 pts in total i think), destroys 835 players (in that mythic dungeon it was rogue and shadow), are you really surprised that our insanely overpowered ability gets nerfed? Along with storm, earth and fire, fist of fury, whirling dragon punch our aoe and single target is pretty cray cray
    What does 'destroys' them mean? Out damage on trash? Or you talking on single target/boss fight? I haven't run sims for 801 Vs 835 but pretty sure the monk is not going to 'destroy' other DPS on any boss fight that lasts some minutes .. The spike is from Touch of Death (@ 801 my guess its near 1million after 8sec) ..

Ps Top damage is Fists .. So depending on the nurf % not sure what the over all drop in trash is going to be ,,

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone who is concerned about the nerf, I wrote an article about what would I believe is the most likely change they will make.

Strike of the Windlord Nerf | Walking the Wind
    http://www.walkingthewind.com/2016/0...windlord-nerf/
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Wow that'll suck for world questing.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that really annoys me about it getting nerfed will be being unable to pull like 10 mobs in a WQ area, putting Karma on 1 and Strike -> FoF for easy clears.

But alas once I've been actively trying to learn to use SCK effectively so I likely won't lose out too much on what I have been doing.
    @Babylonius do you know of any addons that will help with SCK management though, sometimes tabbing through targets and having to check the debuff on each one is annoying.

If not I hope there can be an addon made that can put like a tick or glow around the Healthbars to indicate a SCK debuff on said target so at a glance you can click between the targets without it to apply it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    The only thing that really annoys me about it getting nerfed will be being unable to pull like 10 mobs in a WQ area, putting Karma on 1 and Strike -> FoF for easy clears.

But alas once I've been actively trying to learn to use SCK effectively so I likely won't lose out too much on what I have been doing.
    @Babylonius do you know of any addons that will help with SCK management though, sometimes tabbing through targets and having to check the debuff on each one is annoying.

If not I hope there can be an addon made that can put like a tick or glow around the Healthbars to indicate a SCK debuff on said target so at a glance you can click between the targets without it to apply it.
    damn, that last idea you brought up is actually an amazing addon idea.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Deleted
    I enjoyed the time i easily ruled the dpsmeter even with 30 itemlevels lower. My guild comrades hated me for that

I actually think SotW is insanely boring, not even fun pulling the numbers. Hit one button, and do 5-10m damage on that trashpack depending on size. I find it so much more fun using SCK, which is just one of many things I love about this class. If SotW was not nerfed in the AoE department, the meters would have looked silly when you had time to use your SCK in Mythic+.

I'll miss it mostly in world questing. This incomming nerf to SotW aoe capability, is a nerf done right in my book. Just wish they could give attention to other specs that needs some loving and buffing.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post

Enemy Grid is about the closest to what you're looking for as I know about. I haven't spent much time with it but it looks like it would be very useful with SCK. I don't know how far it can be customized.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    HA! Worst rogue world!

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Don't get why people complain about the WoD treatment, what treatment? They needed the nerf back then, and they where still strong. What fucked monk up was that stupid legendary ring that didn't go well with monk
    The ring was late WoD, and yes monks didn't scale all that well with it compared to other classes.

But the WoD treatment was at the very beginning of the expansion, and while monks were OP at the start blizzard seriously overkilled the nerfs (nerfs for 3 weeks straight) and made monks pretty weak during the first raid tier. That said, WW did start picking back up later down the road with the help of a few buffs (some of which were just reverting the nerfs we got, which if they were going to revert them why bother in the first place). But the people complaining about the WoD treatment do not want another almost full month of getting beaten up with the nerfbat.

Which I would say is pretty reasonable considering.
    Last edited by Shakugan123; 2016-09-19 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    Guys, even without the AoE component, I am still totally trouncing other classes on single target fights. I know raids haven't come out, but I would not be surprised to see a nerf to FoF and even SCK. I haven't experimented much with other classes, but I don't think there has been a single fight in this week's mythics, be it trash pack or boss, that I haven't had at least a 20% lead on. I could not even touch SotWL and my DPS on trash packs is insane (even leagues better than Outlaw and Havoc players I've been grouped with). I don't claim to be an exceptional player by any means so maybe the people I was playing with just weren't good? From where I'm standing, we look like the highest DPS class period. Am seriously looking forward to raids to see how this plays out.
    How? Please, explain how. I sit at 850 ilvl right now on my WW and at the start of a fight is when I am at my peak for DPS. As the fight progresses(Bosses) my dps drops to be middle of the pack. Our positive right now is our burst is high and quick but once that goes, we drop back down. So, I personally think the nerf to our Artifact ability isn't right. If anyone looks at logs, you'll see that Strike of the Windlord isn't even in the top 3 abilities in dps in a dungeon for us. So why is the nerf justified? better question is, how? We hit hard at first but drop back down quickly after so that means nerf us?

I run a few mythic groups in my guild and DH,Mages(fire and arcane), Warriors(Fury and Arms), and even some Pallies(Prot and Ret) pass my AoE dps and I am sitting at very high Mastery lvls right now so I think this nerf is more so happening because of word of mouth. People are crying that they see a monk at the START of a trash pull doing alot but than they dont watch what happens shortly after. Look at logs. They'll say otherwise.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2016-09-19 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    The issue was SEF. So many fights in highmaul were great for SEF, and instead of addressing this outlier, monk got an across the board nerf. They were then decent on fights like twins, but were very lackluster on single target

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    Wow that'll suck for world questing.
    Even if they made it do 25% damage to secondary targets, which I think would be overkill, Monk would still be absurd for world questing. Take it from an 844 Fire Mage who also has an 839 WW Monk. It's night and day.

I honestly don't really get it, and I would like someone to explain what the problem is.

Strike of the Windlord is a 45 sec cooldown ability. What's the problem with Monks being able to do a very big burst of damage? I mean, sure, in some bosses this is very good & would be sought out for, but other specs have a lot of burst and very high sustained aoe dps as well.

Deleted
    Monk AoE was madness, paired with DH AoE. But I hope you remain strong, as I like diversity and I love Monks and MoP. (Not playing a monk myself on high levels, but I love you either way <3)