Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    And Trion is still doing sketchy stuff as well, not just in their games though, check this out

https://youtu.be/BDlN7ZpjZsU

Well over 1M views, with 63 likes and 15 dislikes, with 33 comments
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...that is fucked up
    I actually don't think theres anything malicious behind this one, the Video auto runs from Youtube if you open up Rift in the Steam Store page. I'd guess that a majority of those "viewers" were people who clicked it on Steam, it's been all over the front page for me for weeks now and its probably the same for lots of others, hence the low likes and comment count.

I don't hold Trion are above this kind of shady behaviour anymore, but I don't think that this one is intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    So you let him openly troll but infract us...... gotta love moderation on this site....
    ^

I feel like that Starfall raid won't be out until 4.1... AKA no raids on launch

Lookin better and better

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I actually don't think theres anything malicious behind this one, the Video auto runs from Youtube if you open up Rift in the Steam Store page. I'd guess that a majority of those "viewers" were people who clicked it on Steam, it's been all over the front page for me for weeks now and its probably the same for lots of others, hence the low likes and comment count.

I don't hold Trion are above this kind of shady behaviour anymore, but I don't think that this one is intentional.
    heres the thing, 2 months ago that view count was almost the exact same, and same for 3 months ago.

It barely changed.

If it's on the steam page than it should have moved at least a little bit
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    ^

I feel like that Starfall raid won't be out until 4.1... AKA no raids on launch

Lookin better and better
    Have not followed Rift hardcore raiding for a while but did Trion finally cave and adopt Blizzards raid testing model for WoW. Trion always guarded their raid testing in the beginning and it caused major issues because of their hubris and belief in their own infallibility and unreasonable role out times for raid content. This led to glitchy, buggy. and often times broken raid content being put live.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Have not followed Rift hardcore raiding for a while but did Trion finally cave and adopt Blizzards raid testing model for WoW. Trion always guarded their raid testing in the beginning and it caused major issues because of their hubris and belief in their own infallibility and unreasonable role out times for raid content. This led to glitchy, buggy. and often times broken raid content being put live.
    That isn't what led to bugged content. The full answer for that is far more complicated and involves incompetent developers and the way QA is handled at Trion.

1) During private testing of Infernal Dawn, the designer behind Maelforge (Doctapus) would handle the testing by just having us pull the boss for an hour while he went AFK for coffee or something. We figured out (sort of) what was happening in the fight, but never had the on-demand feedback available. By the time he returned, he asked us what our thoughts on the encounter were. We listed lots of things, but it was difficult discerning which things were intended and what wasn't. He simply didn't watch our pulls. When Maelforge released, it was a buggy mess, with the boss getting stuck in the air, failing transitions, or even duplicating itself. On other bosses, we provided direct bug feedback such as on Ituziel, and when the content went live it was clear our feedback was ignored. Maklamos didn't even have an active enrage timer, because the raid team did not have dedicated QA to address a basic checklist. More on that next.

2) So, Trion has a fucked up way of handling their QA. When Rift first launched, it was Trion's baby and primary focus. QA were dedicated to Rift and there were plenty of on-demand staff available to test hotfixes, including boss changes on their test server. However, other games soon came into the fold, and instead of hiring new QA, Trion split the workload on their existing employees. This issue got worse over time, as more employees were laid off and less new hires came in. Worse still, more new games were opening up. In fact, many of the most talented Trion employees began working on Atlas Reactor in 2014, leaving a huge gap to fill in Rift.

3) Aside from the obvious fuckup designers like Doctapus, the raid team has always shifted around. In the beginning, Zor (Berenger Fish) was the main guy for T1/T2 of vanilla Rift. Akylios etc. For ID this shifted over to Decoy (Adam Hetenyi) and Doctapus. For Storm Legion T1, these two handled the opening raids and then were phased out. Adam worked on Trove from then on, Doctapus got fired (finally). From this point the best fucking raid designers ever started working together on content. Halvon (Larry Boles) and Cyzo (Colin Krausnick) made challenging, mostly bug-free content in Grim Awakening, Infinity Gate and Planebreaker Bastion. As with most other raid designers, this didn't last long. Colin quickly moved onto Atlas Reactor, Larry went to Blizzard. Anony (Haley Chivers) took over raid design with help of Krug. Anyway, in a few short years Trion chewed through so many raid developers that it became difficult to keep a stable, consistent design process. There were many contributing factors to this, too many to really list in this long rant.

TL;DR - Raids were not bugged because of private testing. They were bugged because of dysfunction within Trion Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    The slow queues at lower levels probably has something to do with Trion's recent decision to make it impossible to queue for dungeons outside of the daily randoms if you're not a Patron.
    Yet another in a long string of boneheaded moves by this fading game company. More recently, the furor over their decision to make Opie, the artifact hunting mount which is the "ultimate reward" for pre-ordering the Starfall xpac PTW via needing "pellets" to even function as described has resulted in some pretty viscious post removal and banning on the official forums.

Seems they can't handle being called out for false advertising and/or "bait and switch" on the customers. One guy - his post lasted about 20 minutes - even posted about Trion violating the Song-Beverly Act (Trion is a CA company, and subject to CA's consumer protection laws), and some Attorney General opinions about unfair business practices, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sppook View Post
    the furor over their decision to make Opie, the artifact hunting mount which is the "ultimate reward" for pre-ordering the Starfall xpac PTW via needing "pellets" to even function as described has resulted in some pretty viscious post removal and banning on the official forums.

Seems they can't handle being called out for false advertising and/or "bait and switch" on the customers.
    If only players knew all about Planar Pellets sooner..... oh wait, what's this?

https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/v/74311011

Fast forward to around 2hrs 13mins mark and you'll hear Dead Simon describe exactly what Planar Pellets are and what they are used for, this was on the Live Stream back on June 24th so not like it was announced last week, you're welcome.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

Fast forward to around 2hrs 13mins mark and you'll hear Dead Simon describe exactly what Planar Pellets are and what they are used for, this was on the Live Stream back on June 24th so not like it was announced last week, you're welcome.
    Hey slipmat, while I have your attention, what are your thoughts on the blatant viewbotting for this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDlN7ZpjZsU

Or do you actually believe a video with 1.1 million legitimate views would have 85 likes/dislikes total? Seems rather desperate of Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Hey slipmat, while I have your attention, what are your thoughts on the blatant viewbotting for this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDlN7ZpjZsU

Or do you actually believe a video with 1.1 million legitimate views would have 85 likes/dislikes total? Seems rather desperate of Trion.
    whaaaaaa, They would NEVER do something that scummy.

brb, going to go spend 200 bucks on almost BiS gear
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

It is desperate. There is no if or but. The fact they blatantly had to viewbot a video for attention shows their true colours.

Yeah...that's not a great example of transparency. "Oh, they talked about it once during a livestream 3 months ago. Gosh, get with the program!"

Would be nice if they detailed any of that kind of more important info out in a news post or at least something like a stream wrap-up post in the forums that's easily searchable/accessible.

TL;DR - Raids were not bugged because of private testing. They were bugged because of dysfunction within Trion Worlds.
    Yeah that is how it feels watching it over the years. Rarely has it been guilds hiding secret bug they found to exploit for a guild #1 but it has often turned into "we reported that during testing do not point the finger at the testing guilds".

It seems Trion and Scott Hartsman specifically has set that quick release schedule for content and in raiding it has backfired. I think top tier guilds would be fine with raid content being released majority bug free compared to released quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Yeah that is how it feels watching it over the years. Rarely has it been guilds hiding secret bug they found to exploit for a guild #1 but it has often turned into "we reported that during testing do not point the finger at the testing guilds".

It seems Trion and Scott Hartsman specifically has set that quick release schedule for content and in raiding it has backfired. I think top tier guilds would be fine with raid content being released majority bug free compared to released quickly.
    Not just that it is released quickly though. Just that Trion is shit when it comes to quality assurance and actual bug checking. FF14 releases a raid every 3 months either 8 or 24 man and despite no public testing comes out quite well. Blizzard do internal and public and their raids come out with a few minor bugs that are instantly fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though PTS is still closed thanks to The Ghar Station we now have some tidbits data mined, feast your eyes on the map of the comet, complete with the 'space' background.

With thanks to the Ghar Station: https://thegharstation.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDlN7ZpjZsU

View count has gone up a tiny bit. But still anyone who thinks that is genuine then lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess my question is can a FTP person level a toon and play/raid in Starfall Prophecy

- - - Updated - - -

well can they?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    I guess my question is can a FTP person level a toon and play/raid in Starfall Prophecy

- - - Updated - - -

well can they?
    Well technically no since you have to buy it first . Also who knows what content is gonna be in at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 Days (maybe) to go till release. Resurrection? or No?

Also, examples of what a "dead" game looks like / doesn't look like.

Population in EU so bad, even guys like Seshatar asking for US/EU server cross-play - the opportunity for NA and EU to play together:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-together.html

Even an attempt at asking someone (a White Knight) not to be antagonistic gets you banned:
    http://twitter.com/WockyCC/status/797693203721949184
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-14 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    examples of what a "dead" game looks like / doesn't look like
    Here's an example of a "dead game" last night, 7pm on EU, i must be imagining all these new players i come across in Silverwood then all weekend and these 3 full raids of lowbies every time i pop open a Nightmare Rift and advertise it in 1-29 chat.

Surely even a pro like yourself has run around the lowbie zones, Sanctum, Meridian and Tempest Bay and saw the numbers of players, surely you did in the fairness of balance, right? I mean you can't say the game is "dead" and then ignore all the lowbie zones filled with players, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's an example of a "dead game" last night, 7pm on EU, i must be imagining all these new players i come across in Silverwood then all weekend and these 3 full raids of lowbies every time i pop open a Nightmare Rift and advertise it in 1-29 chat.

Surely even a pro like yourself has run around the lowbie zones, Sanctum, Meridian and Tempest Bay and saw the numbers of players, surely you did in the fairness of balance, right? I mean you can't say the game is "dead" and then ignore all the lowbie zones filled with players, right?
    My video gives a more fair representation.It shows people still (left) playing at max level / endgame.
    res ipsa loquitur

Nice screenshot - wow, 3 whole raids (allegedly) from ALL the combined 6 shards (German, French, all the English shards) on ONE shard! Yet, you only "really" show about 20 or so people? Where are the other 40 people? I certainly don't see 60 people on that screen - count them - and Level 1-29, so you're showing people who probably haven't spent a dime yet on the game?

Amazing - so, all the French, English, German servers managed to show that number of people trying the game? 20 or so people? Must be a really active game, then? (see the guy at the bottom from Brutwacht, the right too, guys at back from the French servers?)

ALL six servers on the the EU lower zone pop in prime time and this is the best you can do? tsk tsk?

Fairness and Balance? You're linking screenshots of people trying the game. I did a video of people in zones who are left at "endgame".
    Which do you think are more important? Those trying or those staying/playing at max level?

I guess the game is thriving so well - that's why Seshatar, the last (real) remaining RIFT streamer is begging for Trion to not only link all EU, but NA as well? Thread: Please let NA and EU population play together!

ps. thanks for bumping the thread
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-14 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet, you can only "really" show only 20 or so people?
    Pro tip 1, you can only have 20 players in a raid 'group', pro tip 2 the players coloured light blue in the screenie are those in your raid group, the dark coloured blue are those not in your raid group.

It shows people still (left) playing at max level / endgame.
    Here you go, a small sample of people playing at end game on a Monday morning at 7.30am in Tempest Bay, even Choreburg has people.

Of course as a fellow Rift player you'd know that the game encourages you to be out in the Open World and not just stand around in cities, what about all the players out chasing artifacts, Unstable Events, Zone Events, weekly NMR/Onslaughts, people doing Dimensions....