Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Nah, it was you who made the claim Brits could actually make sense of his thought process by magically understanding obscure references in your shared mindspace.
    And other British posters have shown they knew what he was talking about, Kallisto did so.

Most of us prefer the written word for forum discussions. This is not a British forum where only the inducted members of the shared 'British hivemind' get to post. If you cannot express yourself in english without obscure references you claim exist but cannot (or refuse to) explain, then we will have to disregard you.
    If you have to have every aspect of British politics over the last few decades explained to you, then perhaps a thread on British politics is probably not the best place to comment. We have people asking for evidence of things that are common knowledge to just about every adult British person, that is ridiculous, sometimes they just have to accept that people are not going to be prepared to provide citations for every bloody thing they say.

What next, someone mentions Theresa May is the Prime Minister and a non-British poster demands proof? Do you see how annoying that would get? If you don't know basics, then tough shit, it is up to you to find them out and not expect to be babysat.

You do not get to tell people to leave threads on this forum because you lack the ability to put your though process in words.
    So you get to tell people what to do, but others can't. How does that work?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    £0 is still cheaper than £40,000,000.
    You suck at math.

You haven't provided any figures for British people claiming child benefit abroad whilst their children live in the UK, which I highly doubt would be anywhere near the levels of just Polish workers in the UK. British people generally go as a family unit when working abroad, travelling as migrant workers and leaving your family behind, is not very common outside of poorer nations.
    I haven´t? Wait, you mean apart from the number i gave you about how much austria pays to the UK? Also, why should i provide a back up for your claim? You say it´s 0 compared to 40mio, well than go ahead and back it up.

Not with clueless cretins, no.
    Cute, if you´re unable to back up a claim you resort to name calling, how old are you? 8?

Because someone who knows about British politics should leave, so that all the ones who don't can revel in their ignorance without having their idiotic claims challenged.
    Yes, yes, Kalis you know stuff, it´s ok. Now if you´d start to explain stuff instead of "i know this, believe me" we could move on.

- - - Updated - - -

And other British posters have shown they knew what he was talking about, Kallisto did so.
    Kallisto posted on this issue 50 posts after it FurryFoxWolf came up with it, when we were already discussing what you came up with. Wait, you can read Kallistos mind, can you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Wait... are Brits complaining about Polish immigrants? Polish immigrants are about the best immigrants we have over here. On average they seem to make a genuine effort to learn our language, they assimilate really well and for whatever reason they generally seem to have a great work ethic and be hard workers.

Now let us compare that to the Brits!

The Brits never seem to be arsed learning our language. They're incredibly slow to assimilate. They tend to have (on average) noticeably worse work ethic than the Poles.

There are always exceptions, but as far as immigrants goes, Poles are pretty good to have.

Deleted
    There might be a chance that the EU already imploded before the Brexit talks are finished.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    There might be a chance that the EU already imploded before the Brexit talks are finished.
    Very probably. It is only a matter of time, let's see after the French/German elections next year. Many remoaner losers are at the denial stage, some have moved towards anger - see the rants here, but not long til acceptance.

Denial
    Anger
    Bargaining
    Depression
    Acceptance.

They will get there, let them have their grief.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Very probably. It is only a matter of time, let's see after the French/German elections next year. Many remoaner losers are at the denial stage, some have moved towards anger - see the rants here, but not long til acceptance.

Denial
    Anger
    Bargaining
    Depression
    Acceptance.

They will get there, let them have their grief.
    I agree that the elections could signal in the end.

Especialy the one in France, where Marie le Pen even leads in some 2017 presidential election polls.
    She has made clear the want's out of the EU asap if she wins.

Purely Opinionated as im not a hardcore politician follower like some others here but;
    17 million people woke the fuck up!
    Eu will collapse within the next 15 years if that!.

The UK will NOT crumble like all the naysayers think. The remainers will thank us in good time once they witness the collapse of the EU.
    People like Merkel and Juncker will destroy everything you have, i mean look at Juncker he doesn't hide his absolute hate for the uk since the referendum result came in, why is that?!? Well i suppose many people would get angry once they knew there welfare handovers was coming to an end. I guess some other country will have to take the brunt of the financial payouts to feed there little crusade.

Personally with all whats being said in the news lately about the EU its not looking good and its only been months.
    Watch this space more countries will follow....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    Wait... are Brits complaining about Polish immigrants?
    We had a poster here saying he was glad they left the EU, as he was against the UK turning into britpakistan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    Wait... are Brits complaining about Polish immigrants? Polish immigrants are about the best immigrants we have over here. On average they seem to make a genuine effort to learn our language, they assimilate really well and for whatever reason they generally seem to have a great work ethic and be hard workers.

Now let us compare that to the Brits!

The Brits never seem to be arsed learning our language. They're incredibly slow to assimilate. They tend to have (on average) noticeably worse work ethic than the Poles.

There are always exceptions, but as far as immigrants goes, Poles are pretty good to have.
    Complaining? They're beating them. Violence against the Polish community TRIPLED in some areas since Brexit.
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2016-09-20 at 07:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Purely Opinionated as im not a hardcore politician follower like some others here but;

The UK will NOT crumble like all the naysayers think. The remainers will thank us in good time once they witness the collapse of the EU.
    People like Merkel and Juncker will destroy everything you have, i mean look at Juncker he doesn't hide his absolute hate for the uk since the referendum result came in, why is that?!? Well i suppose many people would get angry once they knew there welfare handovers was coming to an end. I guess some other country will have to take the brunt of the financial payouts to feed there little crusade.

Personally with all whats being said in the news lately about the EU its not looking good and its only been months.
    i agree 100 percent, but just watch a remoaner quote your post and try and twist it against you cos thats all there good at spinning the truth into complete bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You suck at math.
    Nope, £0 is cheaper than £40,000,000.

I haven´t? Wait, you mean apart from the number i gave you about how much austria pays to the UK? Also, why should i provide a back up for your claim? You say it´s 0 compared to 40mio, well than go ahead and back it up.
    That figure isn't the money spent by Austria on child benefit for British children living in Britain though, is it? So it isn't equivalent or even relevant.

Cute, if you´re unable to back up a claim you resort to name calling, how old are you? 8?
    Where have I been unable to back up my claims? Not willing to provide evidence of every little thing that has happened in British politics is not the same as being unable to provide evidence.

Yes, yes, Kalis you know stuff, it´s ok. Now if you´d start to explain stuff instead of "i know this, believe me" we could move on.
    You wanted evidence of a well known story, as shown by you saying "Do you have evidence about people claiming welfare for children in the UK that aren´t actually living in the UK?" Why should I provide evidence of a well known story? It was even linked to Brexit, so relevant to this specific part of British politics.

In that same paragraph you also said "And why did you bring it up when it wasn´t even part of the discussion those original posters had?" Except it was what they had spoken about, as it was what FurryFoxWolf was referring to, so you are asking me inane questions about well known events.

Kallisto posted on this issue 50 posts after it FurryFoxWolf came up with it, when we were already discussing what you came up with. Wait, you can read Kallistos mind, can you?
    Kallisto would know what it referred to, as would Tollshot, advanta, ctd123, Helden, or just about any of the other British posters, due to it being a well known story in the UK and them having an interest in politics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Purely Opinionated
    Clearly.
    They be woke as fuck.
    Right on, right on, and then the Empire will return!
    The remainers will thank us in good time once they witness the collapse of the EU.
    I'm ceasing my mockery here to wonder why you think you would be better of outside the EU than inside the EU if it collapses?, because the EU collapsing will be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

No they wont, because this is already an epic clusterfuck of epic proportions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, £0 is cheaper than £40,000,000.
    But it´s NOT 0.

That figure isn't the money spent by Austria on child benefit for British children living in Britain though, is it? So it isn't equivalent or even relevant.
    Yes, it is, i´ve told you 2 times already. We pay 200 millions to other EU member states in family aid aka child benefit. 121k of which are send to the UK.

Where have I been unable to back up my claims? Not willing to provide evidence of every little thing that has happened in British politics is not the same as being unable to provide evidence.
    The claim that it is cheaper to cut the benefits.

You wanted evidence of a well known story, as shown by you saying "Do you have evidence about people claiming welfare for children in the UK that aren´t actually living in the UK?" Why should I provide evidence of a well known story? It was even linked to Brexit, so relevant to this specific part of British politics.

In that same paragraph you also said "And why did you bring it up when it wasn´t even part of the discussion those original posters had?" Except it was what they had spoken about, as it was what FurryFoxWolf was referring to, so you are asking me inane questions about well known events.
    Why should you link evidence to a story that was only news in britain? Yeah, well, maybe because i asked? Except not everyone apart from the british did know about that story that made news only in britain, therefore it wasn´t obvious what furryfoxwolf was referring to. But i explained that already.

Kallisto would know what it referred to, as would Tollshot, advanta, ctd123, Helden, or just about any of the other British posters, due to it being a well known story in the UK and them having an interest in politics.
    And since not everyone here is a brit that referrence was not clear, since he worded it very differently from you. Apparently you don´t see a difference between 2 mio poles and 13k? Nor a difference between claiming benefits and sending money to their families living abroad and claiming benefits because of their families living abroad?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it´s NOT 0.
    Prove it.

Yes, it is, i´ve told you 2 times already. We pay 200 millions to other EU member states in family aid aka child benefit. 121k of which are send to the UK.
    I do not for one second believe that is for the same set of circumstances as this. For a country the size of Austria that amount sounds like it would include payments made to children living in Austria.

The claim that it is cheaper to cut the benefits.
    Poland paying child benefit for children in Poland is cheaper for the UK than the UK paying it.

Why should you link evidence to a story that was only news in britain?
    I shouldnt.

Yeah, well, maybe because i asked?
    So what?

Except not everyone apart from the british did know about that story that made news only in britain, therefore it wasn´t obvious what furryfoxwolf was referring to. But i explained that already.
    It was a reference to a Brexit-related story in a thread about Brexit.

And since not everyone here is a brit that referrence was not clear, since he worded it very differently from you. Apparently you don´t see a difference between 2 mio poles and 13k? Nor a difference between claiming benefits and sending money to their families living abroad and claiming benefits because of their families living abroad?
    Apparently a reference to something has to spell out in its entirity what it is referring to, said nobody ever.

If I make a Bond reference, I am not obliged to provide a full breakdown of Ian Fleming's literary career if you don't recognise the reference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Complaining? They're beaten them. Violence against the Polish community TRIPLED in some areas since Brexit.
    not just one way you know, alot of english people are pissed of cos employers actually put foreigners before our own cos they dnt want to be seen as racist, its fucking annoying, and what the grooming gangs in rotherham there all foreigners yet the goverment are to afraid to do anything cos of yes that word again racism

some people deserve to get beaten up doesnt matter where your from or what colour you are

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    not just one way you know, alot of english people are pissed of cos employers actually put foreigners before our own cos they dnt want to be seen as racist, its fucking annoying, and what the grooming gangs in rotherham there all foreigners yet the goverment are to afraid to do anything cos of yes that word again racism

some people deserve to get beaten up doesnt matter where your from or what colour you are
    Or because the workers would work better and not demand as much money. Seriously just because you fell out of a vagina (and likely in your case bounced on your head) in the UK doesn't mean you are more entitled than someone who can do the job better than you regardless of where said person comes from.

15+ Year Old Account
    Prove it.
    How good is your german?
    http://diepresse.com/home/politik/in...en-ins-Ausland

I do not for one second believe that is for the same set of circumstances as this. For a country the size of Austria that amount sounds like it would include payments made to children living in Austria.
    Well i don´t care what you believe, that´s reality.

Poland paying child benefit for children in Poland is cheaper for the UK than the UK paying it.
    And then the UK has to pay child benefit for children other countries currently pay, what if the polish children move to the UK, how much higher would the costs be?

I shouldnt.
    You shouldnt? Well then i guess i shouldn´t prove that other countries pay for UK children.

So what?
    How old are you, seriously?

It was a reference to a Brexit-related story in a thread about Brexit.
    So what?

Apparently a reference to something has to spell out in its entirity what it is referring to, said nobody ever.

If I make a Bond reference, I am not obliged to provide a full breakdown of Ian Fleming's literary career if you don't recognise the reference.
    Apparently you are unable to answer even the simplest of question but rather resort to deflecation and name calling.

Ok thanks for clearing this up Professor Kalis, claiming benefits and sending money to families abroad is the exact same thing as claiming benefits for families living abroad, it cannot mean anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post

Oh, on that last paragraph I surely agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't speak German, you need to provide an acceptable source in English. This is not a German language forum.

Well i don´t care what you believe, that´s reality.
    According to you.

And then the UK has to pay child benefit for children other countries currently pay, what if the polish children move to the UK, how much higher would the costs be?
    You need to provide proof that they will bring their children to the UK, it wouldn't make financial sense for them to do so even in those circumstances and is basically an accusation that Polish people are only going to the UK for benefits.

Do you have some proof to back up your accusation that those Polish people were only going to the UK for benefits?

You shouldnt? Well then i guess i shouldn´t prove that other countries pay for UK children.
    You realise I don't really give a shit about that, don't you? I have even said I would be fine for other nations to have those same rules and only pay for children that reside in their country, as that would be a perfectly logical and fair solution.

How old are you, seriously?
    I can grasp basic concepts, you can't, so I am not entirely sure that the likes of you should be questioning the maturity of others.

So what?
    So you should have a knowledge of a subject before you start talking about it. Oh look, one of those basic concepts you can't grasp.

1) FurryFoxWolf referenced a Brexit issue, 2) this is a thread on Brexit, do you see the link between 1 & 2 that shows the relevance? I expect not.

Apparently you are unable to answer even the simplest of question but rather resort to deflecation and name calling.
    I have answered the question numerous times, recognising an obvious reference due to it being an obvious reference does not need a citation.

Ok thanks for clearing this up Professor Kalis, claiming benefits and sending money to families abroad is the exact same thing as claiming benefits for families living abroad, it cannot mean anything else.
    Again this boils down to you not recognising a reference, so you not accepting it is a reference. It is an utterly retarded stance.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't speak German, you need to provide an acceptable source in English. This is not a German language forum.
    Learn it, use google translate, i don´t care. This forum has an official language? That´s news to me.

According to you.
    No, according to austrian government.

You need to provide proof that they will bring their children to the UK, it wouldn't make financial sense for them to do so even in those circumstances and is basically an accusation that Polish people are only going to the UK for benefits.

Do you have some proof to back up your accusation that those Polish people were only going to the UK for benefits?
    No i don´t, i don´t make the claim that it will cost the UK 0 compared to 40 mio, you´re the one who needs to provide proof for that claim. I never said they´re in the UK only for benefits, that was FurryFoxWolf. I see you have troubles with recognizing who you´re talking to again.

You said it´s not in their interest because it would be more expensive, another claim you haven´t proven.

You realise I don't really give a shit about that, don't you? I have even said I would be fine for other nations to have those same rules and only pay for children that reside in their country, as that would be a perfectly logical and fair solution.
    Even if the UK has to pay more in the end?

I can grasp basic concepts, you can't, so I am not entirely sure that the likes of you should be questioning the maturity of others.
    Good one.

So you should have a knowledge of a subject before you start talking about it. Oh look, one of those basic concepts you can't grasp.

1) FurryFoxWolf referenced a Brexit issue, 2) this is a thread on Brexit, do you see the link between 1 & 2 that shows the relevance? I expect not.
    Come on Kalis, if you don´t need to have knowledge about a subject you´re talking about (cough, UK getting money from Austria because of British citizens working in Austria, with Children in the UK) why should others have?

I have answered the question numerous times, recognising an obvious reference due to it being an obvious reference does not need a citation.
    You haven´t, you´re nothing but deflecting. If it would´ve been an OBVIOUS reference than it couldn´t have other meanings.

Again this boils down to you not recognising a reference, so you not accepting it is a reference. It is an utterly retarded stance.
    Again this boils down to you not understanding your own language, even after i explained it to you a number of times. I get it.

Claiming benefits and sending money to family abroad is the exact same thing as claiming benefits for family living abroad and therefore cannot mean anything else.

Say, what would you call it if someone claimed benefits and sent money to their grand parents living abroad?