Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Chris Metzen went out on top.

Legion arguably one of the best expansions ever created.

Overwatch completely dominating.

Diablo still the top dog in ARPGs.

Starcraft 2 the only dog in RTSs.

Hearthstone shattered the casual game/mobile scene.

Heroes of the Storm still going strong in a genre dominated by 2 titans.

Metzen was to Blizzard what Jobs was to Apple.

After a few rough years (Cata-WoD), D3 launch, people asking if Blizzard still had the magic sauce... Metzen you got your redemption story buddy.

Anyone who didn't like Mists wouldn't like Legion. They are very similar. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Legion arguably one of the best expansions ever created.
    No it's not. Gawd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    Anyone who didn't like Mists wouldn't like Legion. They are very similar. Just sayin.
    When it comes to quests and writing, I loved Mist, I despise Legion. I don't know how you can consider them even remotely similar.
    Mist was well-written with a whole background and culture detailed. Legion is bad fanfiction with tired and non-fitting "jokes" everywhere.
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-09-20 at 12:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    When it comes to quests and writing, I loved Mist, I despise Legion. I don't know how you can consider them even remotely similar.
    Mist was well-written with a whole background and culture detailed. Legion is bad fanfiction with tired and non-fitting "jokes" everywhere.
    The themes are very different but the emphasis on going out in the world (world bosses) and reputations were pretty similar in both expansions.
    Mists was on par with WOTLK and BC for me, at least at the beginning. I think Legion is a great expansion but I get the feeling that while the rest of the expansion was ready to go, class changes were not and would have needed at least another 2 months of Beta. A number of specs feel really unfinished to me. (Primarily all three Hunter specs)

good can those people go find some better mmo's to play and stop playing wow, we don't need another wod after legion thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I loved Mist, I despise Legion.
    I can only hope (and assume, for your sake) that you're being very hyperbolic here. "Despise?"

It's a game. I could understand maybe saying "Legion's not for me at all," but "despise?" Is this the kind of language that's caught on around here? It's not a freaking moral crusade it's just a pastime lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I love mists and hate legion. So your statement must not be true.

Yes, Blizzard is definitely the Apple of online gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    I can only hope (and assume, for your sake) that you're being very hyperbolic here. "Despise?"

It's a game. I could understand maybe saying "Legion's not for me at all," but "despise?" Is this the kind of language that's caught on around here? It's not a freaking moral crusade it's just a pastime lol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3li_aZWt-r0

Enjoy.

The real question is; now that Metzen is retired, who's going to do all the company cocaine??
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Not that this is a big deal, but Diablo is definitely not the top dog in ARPG. Path of exile dominates that genre in every way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Metzen was to Blizzard what Jobs was to Apple.
    I may not like the constant "Go'el" spam that happened but please don't insult Metzen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I love mists and hate legion. So your statement must not be true.
    This is what is wrong with the world today. Lol no seriously though I don't know how you guys can say this ._. Legion is like Mists but better in every way as far as I can tell. Dailies aren't horrible, zones are relevant at max level... Not having multiple raids to hop around is much better imo as well. I like this expansion more than I liked Wrath and I'm a Wrath baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Dailies aren't horrible,
    Gonna have to disagree with you there.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Legion is legit one of the best expansion they have ever created. Sure it might have some cons like heavy gating which in my honest opinion NO ONE is a fan off, but for the rest, its very, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    The real question is; now that Metzen is retired, who's going to do all the company cocaine??
    Thats funny.

We were wondering who was going to take his place as the resident "F" word abuser at the next blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Gonna have to disagree with you there.
    You'd rather do the MoP 50 dailies a day? At least now you can pick and choose. I don't need order hall resources so I don't go for those often. Don't need gold either so I don't do those. I usually only do gear, Suramar stuff, and AP. Rep isn't mandatory and you don't have 7 different faction hubs. You also don't have rep gated behind rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    good can those people go find some better mmo's to play and stop playing wow, we don't need another wod after legion thanks.
    You said it! Every time I see a whiny forum post about 'wheres muh instant stuff and why do i have to quest to do things/get things' I know we're in such a better position. I honest to goodness saw someone fuss about order hall resources being from world quests and not table missions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    You said it! Every time I see a whiny forum post about 'wheres muh instant stuff and why do i have to quest to do things/get things' I know we're in such a better position. I honest to goodness saw someone fuss about order hall resources being from world quests and not table missions.
    God did WoD spoil people this much? I'm glad I skipped that expansion then xD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree there. Mists had really poor/weak/repetitive quest design and a weak (in-game at least) story. The art was great, and there were rep grinds. Other than that I see very few similarities between Legion and Mists.