Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    what, but, what make a more radical new race, and could expand more the lore of the alliance than vrykul?
    I doubt that we'll be going back to faction specific races anytime soon. I could be wrong, but that's just my two cents.

well, thats happens with belves worgens and goblins, and if i remember well people ask for draeneis too
    The draenei people asked for was not the draenei we got. I doubt anyone expected Lawful Good Eredar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Not really sure why you think Ogres wouldn't, especially since many of the WoW players probably played WC the RTS.

Ogres are already in the Horde.
    Ogres fit culturally and thematically.
    Ogres have already existed in the game since WC2, as being associated with the Horde.
    They compete with the Tauren as the large, brawny race. They fall into the same pitfalls as many other Horde races as being monstrous/ugly. They lack competant female options, in potential design and as an aesthetic. They fit in very well with the Horde, but fitting in isn't a reason for a race to be added. Like I explained, each race added to the game has had a design-driven reasoning behind them. Ogres don't really fill any niches other than fan service; they're about as supplementary as having Nightborne or Hozen added as playable races.

There's nothing wrong with Ogres being playable, but compared with other potential options they simply don't stand out enough. Ogres lack a unique hook for mainstream interest. They fit the mold all too well.

We need to ask "What does X race offer for the Alliance/Horde". In terms of Vrykul and Ogres, their dynamics are fairly predictable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    goblins would like to say hi
    Goblins are unique and fill a niche for the Horde. They might have been 'easy', but there's no other race like Goblins in the Horde. They fill in as comic relief.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-09-19 at 10:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    horde should get vrykul
    weeee!

very few people playing with nagas because they are ugly and fish stupid like creatures, Ogres are more interesting

see? both can play this game
    naga are intelligent, ugly reptiles and marine iguanas. but intelligent and interesting lore.

ogres are ugly fat and stupid .

me ogre, me hungry me smash

Never cared for Ogre, Vrykul for Alliance, and Val'kyr for Horde, now that would fit the needs of the Hordies, hopefully people would lay off the Belfs and move on to our winged goddesses.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Deleted
    That's jsut so wrong lol... Anyone here that has played Warcraft BEFORe WoW already know the answer. Ogres should be already in the horde, infact they are jsut as central to the horde as much as taurens and Trolls.

Deleted
    I like Naga but I find them far more compelling either as remnants of Lady Vashj & Illidans crew or feverishly loyal to Azshara. Carving off a clan of Naga that are allied to Alliance or Horde just kind of dilutes them and makes them far less impressive. They're a good bad guy race.

Not to mention the whole leg thing is a real mess. You can't just give them two legs, they wouldn't be naga anymore.

Ogres are the only race that doesn't feel like its scraping the barrel for me. They're a natural fit for Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by vbnm247 View Post
    I dont understand the fascination with playing an Ogre. They look stupid and I would never touch one and find it hard to imagine one on mounts and stuff.

But this is just me obviously, if it is a popular request then no reason for Blizz not to give their fans what they want.
    If ogres were kept like goblins (IE only 2% of players play them) they would fit perfectly on horde.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    No more playable races. Wasted development time.
    Not really a waste of development time if the race already got an update (vrykul). Ogres on the other hand... I don't know.

If a South Seas xpac is made, they'll update ogres, goblins, worgen. Just my guess.

Deleted
    Ogres wouldn't look any sillier on mounts than Tauren or moonkin do.

I like the idea of ogres for horde, they fit well...but Vrykul as a playable race is just lame. I'd rather see naga, gnolls, furbolgs, etc...so many more interesting races. Vrykul are just big egotistical humans that were beat by murlocs.
    X

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekker17 View Post
    I like the idea of ogres for horde, they fit well...but Vrykul as a playable race is just lame. I'd rather see naga, gnolls, furbolgs, etc...so many more interesting races. Vrykul are just big egotistical humans that were beat by murlocs.
    It scares me that there are people who legitimatly want Gnolls or Furbolgs.

I used to think it was just a meme but there really are people that boring

Maybe not as a playable race, but gnolls and furbolgs could make for fun followers or mercenary minions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    There are decent reasons why they havent been added... they would be hard as hell to get right!

Blizz doesnt likely have the tech yet for 2 heads, and ogres without 2 heads are like orcs without zugs.

Female ogres are a biggie, we still have never seen ogre females! they did a decent job at mogu females and vrykul females, but ogres have always been the big fat ulgy guys, big fat and ugly arent very endearing on female characters, so i think they really need to expand on ogres beyond the BFU traits so that they can have some femenine qualities (god it feels wrong just talking about it!).

Id be happier to see them added late and added right than added fast and sloppy.

Out of curiousity, is there any decent concept art for female ogres?

- - - Updated - - -

high elves are already in the alliance, its not an out of place request!

and draenei were originally introduced as demonic, well eredar were anywho, and a breakaway faction of eredar that want to escape demonic taint would fit in well with the horde, could relate to the orcs and would have great support within the horde from all the other races who have had to deal with corruption, so im actually for this suggestion as a trade for high elves, horde need an alternative pretty race and alliance need vanilla elves

- - - Updated - - -

Not necessarily, the biggest reason im an advocate for alliance high elves is because alot of blood elf players just simply want to play vanilla flavoured elves regardless of faction, one way to reduce horde brute to flower ratio is to give alliance vanilla elves and watch all the blood elf players that are really alliance deep down defect to the faction they belong!
    and reduce the total population of the horde that is what blizzard change to give the horde blood elves to give balance to the population of the factions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wrv451nlp View Post
    People wont play Ogres you say? Just make the females amazonian snu-snu warriors and everyone who isn't a blood elf would play them

Lets be honest here, Anyone who is currently playing a Blood-Elf is never going to play anything else, They choose the pretty race in the savage mud-hut faction, Their lust for vanity is unshakeable.
    I have horns and scales

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    and reduce the total population of the horde that is what blizzard change to give the horde blood elves to give balance to the population of the factions
    Well there have to be other ways to increase horde population beyond just elves...

I think horde would benefit a hell of alot more from more body types for existing races and perhaps voices too.

Darkfallen subrace for forsaken would be MASSIVE, there are so many vampire fans out there that would jump at the chance for that shit.

I think if they did a better job for the traditional horde female races then they would appeal more to female players (or pixel creeps), trolls are a prime example, they have some of the best hair styles but their feet look ridiculous, their voicover sounds horrific and their face options arent the best. if blizz sexed them up a little more im sure they would draw more players (i dont want them to be elves, i just want higher fidelity she-trolls).
    Just because a race is brutal, doesnt mean they have to look ugly.

blood elves as a replacement for the horde due to bad numbers is a sloppy plan imo.

i honestly wouldnt care if the horde population dropped if we lost some of the ubervain blood elves.

I do want to get something in return though, i dont want to trade high elves for ogres, high elves would have a massive draw to them, ogres just wouldnt have that draw so thats a sloppy trade there, a bit like worgen for goblins. Id trade high elves for nightborne though, or high elves for eredar, as night elves/draenie are quite popular.
    I dont think adding ogres to the horde at this stage would be great, i think they need something of a relaunch before being added since they are such a big joke race.

Incase it wasn't said before, there is a brewmaster Vrykul in Legion so that actually lines up very nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Gascini View Post
    It scares me that there are people who legitimatly want Gnolls or Furbolgs.

I used to think it was just a meme but there really are people that boring
    furbolgs arent that bad, they are bear people, they are low fidelity in game for sure, but they could be expanded on. Id pick them over pandaren any day tbh. Gnolls on the other hand... no ty

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    naga are intelligent, ugly reptiles and marine iguanas. but intelligent and interesting lore.

ogres are ugly fat and stupid .

me ogre, me hungry me smash
    there are ogres who are inteligent, know the lore beore talk about, and they have a interesting lore, its just you dont like

10+ Year Old Account
    there are ogres who are inteligent, know the lore beore talk about, and they have a interesting lore, its just you dont like
    Well they could always do the thing they did with Goblins with that Kajanite Cola stuff and make something out of those Org'ila crystals.
    Can also take over Dustwallow Marsh and move their forces to the zone and the Horde can take over that spot.

Also too what would be good Ogre mounts? This?
    For the Horde!

At this point, I'd gladly take Nightborne for the Alliance, even if I have always been against High Elves. Not sure why. Probably because Suramar looks great, the lore is interesting, and they look different enough from Night Elves.

I'd be okay with Nightborne for Alliance, Vrykul for Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Well they could always do the thing they did with Goblins with that Kajanite Cola stuff and make something out of those Org'ila crystals.
    Can also take over Dustwallow Marsh and move their forces to the zone and the Horde can take over that spot.

Also too what would be good Ogre mounts? This?
    [
    there is no need to create things to make then intelligent, they already are or can be, yes, many of then are not, the stereotype is high, but WoD show that ogres are not entire stupid, its not to hard make some clans more cleaver, also, even if they are in majority fools, the adventure is always "Special" "the chosen one" so isnt that hard, i mean, they could do it with the ogrila crystals or other thing, but i dont see main reasons for

i think about the boars too, could be good, but blizz can make something new like this
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2016-09-20 at 05:52 AM.