Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torjey View Post
    Judging by this thread alone, it's a very high chance it IS tied to score. Look at all these 500+ drops and only one reported at below 100.
    Hell, i got mine by doing the first 'full' clear and it was 700+.
    Not necessarily. I've gotten over 500+ 2 times and neither time I got the weapon. It's purely chance from what I can gather.

Yea got mine last week with score of 653 and my 2 previous scores were ~580ish no idea if its fixed % drop or slightly better as your score goes up
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

It's definitely pure rng, I've completed the run every time except for the free run and the one immediately following after so 6 runs now with over 600 points on 5 of them and I haven't received them yet.

Deleted
    Another proud owner of hulk fists reporting in. I actually got them on my first WQ run and ended on a score of 626 and cleared everything with the exception of the 2 zerker room (since I didn't have those yet). I also made sure to respec to windwalker before looting the main chest at the end. It probably doesn't matter, but I was paranoid :P

In the regular quest version of the scenario I didn't get the skin, but wasn't able to complete everything either and ended with a 525-ish score.

Strangely though, my monk has some issues with Dro even in Brewmaster spec. He simply gets a lot of damage while not having much healing, so I'm forced to kite him for quite a while. I'm probably doing something wrong (it's an alt and I haven't spend much time figuring out Brm) though...

Quote Originally Posted by CopyKat View Post
    Another proud owner of hulk fists reporting in. I actually got them on my first WQ run and ended on a score of 626 and cleared everything with the exception of the 2 zerker room (since I didn't have those yet). I also made sure to respec to windwalker before looting the main chest at the end. It probably doesn't matter, but I was paranoid :P

In the regular quest version of the scenario I didn't get the skin, but wasn't able to complete everything either and ended with a 525-ish score.

Strangely though, my monk has some issues with Dro even in Brewmaster spec. He simply gets a lot of damage while not having much healing, so I'm forced to kite him for quite a while. I'm probably doing something wrong (it's an alt and I haven't spend much time figuring out Brm) though...
    As I am quite new to BrM as well I can tell You that Paralysis is our friend here.
    It has really a short CD and it does break his charging on the Witchered so..

Also - get the +75% dmg on the zombies, so he will get down quite quickly.
    About the healing and tanking: just use ur defensive abilities,

In addition - I am using daily buff from Peak of Serenity, which gives 3k mastery. If You have enough gold You can also spend it on Flask / Food / Potion / Rune to increase Your surviv / dps.
    In general, Dro is not taking me lower than 75% when I use my cds so I can focus on gettin him down asap.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    As I am quite new to BrM as well I can tell You that Paralysis is our friend here.
    It has really a short CD and it does break his charging on the Witchered so..

Also - get the +75% dmg on the zombies, so he will get down quite quickly.
    About the healing and tanking: just use ur defensive abilities,

In addition - I am using daily buff from Peak of Serenity, which gives 3k mastery. If You have enough gold You can also spend it on Flask / Food / Potion / Rune to increase Your surviv / dps.
    In general, Dro is not taking me lower than 75% when I use my cds so I can focus on gettin him down asap.
    Yeah, I was already using Mayhem on the withered for the damage boost and using paralysis to break his charge. I was more worried about the damage I'm taking personally from his attacks though. Cooldowns only last so long and I rarely spawn orbs, so my selfhealing is terrible (basically only have the elixir as reliable recovery).

Of course I can still safely kite him with Keg Smash and do it that way, but from reading the comments it seemed like standing still should work fine. For me though that always turns into a dangerous situation where I have to resort to kiting while my withered take care of him. So that got me wondering if I'm missing something/doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, Sodapoppin got the fists yesterday on stream and everyone went mad. Fun times.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by CopyKat View Post
    Yeah, I was already using Mayhem on the withered for the damage boost and using paralysis to break his charge. I was more worried about the damage I'm taking personally from his attacks though. Cooldowns only last so long and I rarely spawn orbs, so my selfhealing is terrible (basically only have the elixir as reliable recovery).

Of course I can still safely kite him with Keg Smash and do it that way, but from reading the comments it seemed like standing still should work fine. For me though that always turns into a dangerous situation where I have to resort to kiting while my withered take care of him. So that got me wondering if I'm missing something/doing it wrong.
    Healing Elixir & Black Ox Brew talents are taken?

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Just finished with around 740 score (cleared absolutely everything, even spiders on webs). No fists. I highly doubt it's score related - just luck.

Deleted
    So, I've been doing my normal clears for the past few weeks ( Score around the high 500s and low 600s every time ) and didn't get anything.

Decided today that I'm just gonna farm the last two groups to reach 1000+ - Stopped after 1012 and got em!

Even though this example, with all the other submissions, is just pure speculation and may not be a fruitful source of information, there seems to be a heavy trend on the higher the score = the higher chance of getting them. I would go ahead and encourage everyone to take their time for their next run and push the score out to 1k - takes you at max an hour. And only if you're really taking it slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got them at 575 score.

I must say I'm really disappointed by how huge they are, though. They clip so far through my legs and it looks so ugly. Don't think I'll be using them with how comically large they are. Kinda hope Blizzard will tone them down for the races they look ugly on because the model itself is really, really cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Texxi View Post
    So, I've been doing my normal clears for the past few weeks ( Score around the high 500s and low 600s every time ) and didn't get anything.

Decided today that I'm just gonna farm the last two groups to reach 1000+ - Stopped after 1012 and got em!

Even though this example, with all the other submissions, is just pure speculation and may not be a fruitful source of information, there seems to be a heavy trend on the higher the score = the higher chance of getting them. I would go ahead and encourage everyone to take their time for their next run and push the score out to 1k - takes you at max an hour. And only if you're really taking it slow.
    What last 2 groups are we talking about here!?

Got mine today (600+ score). JFYI: I've got them regardless of brewmaster spec and loot spec, so feel free to pass scenario in any spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Texxi View Post

Basically this. I did the same and walked out with the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
    I heard you can farm the last two packs before the end, as they respawn. I'm not sure if the score increases the chances of getting the skin, but considering I can pretty reliably get to the end now (surprised I managed to kill the ettin and spider boss relatively unscathed today), I figured I'd might as well try farming them up to maybe 1000-ish score next time. These Hulk Hands will be mine...
    A follow-up to this post: I farmed the last two rooms (respawning spiders, and the one withered + two manawyrms) until 1042 score and got my fists!

Had a mog prepared for it too :P

A high score may not be 100% related to hidden skins dropping from this place at all, but after this I'd say it's certainly worth to at least try it once for yourself.

Adding another name to the 1000+ point pile. I ground out to 1175 and got mine today as I figured "why not give it a shot." Again could just be a strong coincidence occurring.

Last edited by Lockheartx; 2016-09-20 at 06:42 PM.
    "Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. "
    -Jet Black, "Cowboy Bebop"

I really think its tied to a score. Like at 100 score you have a 5% chance, increasing by 5% every 100 score you get or something.

Also please report the scaling issue to the official forums, i did write a EU thread, but ofcourse got no blue response, because blizz CMs are awful. They should learn from dota 2 cms..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boombrew View Post
    What last 2 groups are we talking about here!?
    I'm thinking he means the spiders that constantly spawn before the last spider boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I'm thinking he means the spiders that constantly spawn before the last spider boss.
    The ones that rush down the stairs? They gave me no score yesterday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    He means the last mobs, after the endboss but before the quest guy. They respawn and give points. What people have to understand, your rewards aren't getting better beyond 425.