Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    For more 860+ loot? Got an 870 helm on my Druid.
    But you won't get "more" 860+ loot. You're essentially trading a bonus roll in heroic/mythic for lower quality loot. Up to you, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    You judge content based on how much gold it rewards? That's fucked up.
    It's a boss with 2 mechanics. Dodge swirls on the ground and stay on his flank. It's kind of funny that it can drop titanforged loot 890+. Well, kind of sad.

Quote Originally Posted by domus View Post
    That drops from a different boss.
    Does it? I haven't seen anything that says it drops from a specific world boss, only that it drops off world bosses in Broken Isles. Do you know which boss drops it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I take it you never played anything D&D related.
    I understand it from a gameplay perspective, I was just saying that it's not unreasonable to not get excessive amounts of gold from every dragon you kill.

I've played a lot of p&p's actually, but I tend to like the palladium systems more.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Does it? I haven't seen anything that says it drops from a specific world boss, only that it drops off world bosses in Broken Isles. Do you know which boss drops it?
    Levantus drops enh shaman per wowhead. This guy drops fury item.

Quote Originally Posted by LeepinLeemur View Post
    Levantus drops enh shaman per wowhead. This guy drops fury item.
    I gotcha, thanks. I would have been trying to farm all of them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    But you won't get "more" 860+ loot. You're essentially trading a bonus roll in heroic/mythic for lower quality loot. Up to you, though.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a boss with 2 mechanics. Dodge swirls on the ground and stay on his flank. It's kind of funny that it can drop titanforged loot 890+. Well, kind of sad.
    everything can drop TF 890+ now.

Quote Originally Posted by gusty jack View Post
    Imagine if Smaug was a world boss that you killed in Laketown, would you expect his corpse to contain the treasure hoard of Erebor?
    Did you read the book? His belly was covered with with gold and gemstones that got stuck on him. Thats why he was so hard to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Did you read the book? His belly was covered with with gold and gemstones that got stuck on him. Thats why he was so hard to kill.
    I did, thanks.

Which would explain the minimal (compared to the amount of wealth he possessed) amount of gold that gets split by the party. Obviously this is not the amount the OP wanted to loot. OP was looking for the treasure of Erebor and got a few gold coins instead.

Smaug was just an example of a dragon with a hoard, I admit he was a bad choice considering the way he armored his belly (I'm pretty sure he's the only dragon who has ever been depicted as using this technique).
    Last edited by gusty jack; 2016-09-20 at 06:05 PM.

http://imgur.com/a/MRsSo

got this cloak drop

no legendary but loot is loot!!
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2016-09-20 at 06:06 PM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very few people run heroic, and very verrrrrrrrry few people run Mythic, so that doesn't apply to the vast majority of people who would read your advice.

Can somebody explain the loot system for world bosses? Do I only get a chance at loot if I have the worldquest? Or if I just keep downing them will they still have a chance at rewarding loot after each attempt?

Quote Originally Posted by Nairul View Post
    Can somebody explain the loot system for world bosses? Do I only get a chance at loot if I have the worldquest? Or if I just keep downing them will they still have a chance at rewarding loot after each attempt?
    Like all previous world bosses - you can only get loot once per week.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Mythic isn't even out yet and heroic isn't nearly as puggable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by gusty jack View Post
    I mean it's reasonable if you kill the dragon deep in its lair where it keeps its hoard, but it's somewhat unreasonable to expect it to travel with its vast wealth.

Imagine if Smaug was a world boss that you killed in Laketown, would you expect his corpse to contain the treasure hoard of Erebor? Did he trundle over to Laketown dragging an enormous sack of gold just for the offchance that an arrow would find his weak spot?
    Actually, if I remember right, Smaug had a "vest" made of diamonds. So yes, that would be exactly what I expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got an 885 titanforged ring. Small upgrade from my 790 questing blue.

EU here. Waiting for the bosses to unlock.

Does the world quest last 3 days, or 7? Basically, are they a normal world quest lasting ~3 days, or a normal world boss with the typical 7 day lockout?

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    EU here. Waiting for the bosses to unlock.

Does the world quest last 3 days, or 7? Basically, are they a normal world quest lasting ~3 days, or a normal world boss with the typical 7 day lockout?
    I don't remember it saying, it just said the bosses name in an epic purple color with a gold amount for completing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    i got 6 gold, fantastic job blizzard, very engaging content
    This guy didn't get loot, shut down world bosses from now on Blizz.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Unless you don't do either of those. Then it is well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Actually, if I remember right, Smaug had a "vest" made of diamonds. So yes, that would be exactly what I expect.
    Can I just wear that sweet, sweet vest then?

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont think people noticed its a world quest... so no you dont need to loot him, you automaticly get the gold/gear if it drops
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content