Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why some Allliance characters obssesed with Revenge on Horde, but Horde ones not?

Alliance betrayel of Blood Elves which resulted Blood Elves losing 90% of their population is much worse then Sylvanas retreat, but i dont see Horde or Blood Elves asking for payback or revenge.

Alliance had leaders even more racistic than Garrosh like Grand Marshall Othmar Garithos, but Horde was fighting vs Garrosh in their own city, and Alliance wasnt fighting against Garithos.

When doing quests, I see humans and Alliance invading and attacking Barrens and Durotar long before bombing of Theramore, but i dont see Orcs ,Taurens or Trolls asking for Revenge.

Characters like Jaina and Genn Greymane saying that Horde betrayed them and want Revenge, Alliance betrayed Blood Elves alot but Blood elf characters doesnt asking for Revenge? (expect maybe female belf voice npcs sound "We will have our revenge" )

And Lor'themar Theron wanted to join Alliance during MOP? After Human & Alliance Army didnt helped when Scourge was attacking Blood Elves, and after Alliance used Blood Elves as cannon fodder.

Im not saying whole Alliance obssesed with Revenge, but certain characters like Genn,Jaina and Rogers, and Alliance soldiers in Stormheim quests.

Why its so one sided?
    Last edited by Luckx; 2016-09-21 at 08:26 AM.

Garithos worse than Garrosh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Garithos was using Blood Elves as cannon fodder and was racistic towards them when they was his allies, Garrosh was openly hostile to his enemies.

Horde was fighting vs Garrosh in their own city, and Alliance wasnt fighting against Garithos.
    Last edited by Luckx; 2016-09-21 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Garithos was using Blood Elves as cannon fodder and was racistic towards them when they was his allies, Garrosh was openly hostile to his enemies.
    - Use of weapons of mass destruction
    - Subject (can't really use "human" here) experimentation with sha
    - Attempted genocide (superior orc race and all that)
    - Assassination attemp towards allied faction leader
    - Attacked neutral factions
    - Executed civilians
    - Use of unknown old god powers potentially dangerous to the whole world

But yeah, Garithos is worse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    - Use of weapons of mass destruction
    - Subject (can't really use "human" here) experimentation with sha
    - Attempted genocide (superior orc race and all that)
    - Assassination attemp towards allied faction leader
    - Attacked neutral factions
    - Executed civilians
    - Use of unknown old god powers potentially dangerous to the whole world

But yeah, Garithos is worse
    When doing quests, I see humans and Alliance invading and attacking Barrens and Durotar long before Garrosh bombing of Theramore, but i dont see Orcs ,Taurens or Trolls asking for Revenge.

Garrosh was both Horde and Alliance enemy, and different Horde races including many Orcs was fighting vs him in their own city. Even Sylvanas disliked Garrosh.

Maybe Blood Elves don't always ask for revenge, because they already obliterated Theramore with their mana bombe?

You know, there's more than just that one commander in the Alliance. Sure he was being an asshole. To some blood elves (I don't recall him marching around Silvermoon killing them though. Oh wait, that would be Arthas, and he wasn't really Alliance affiliated at the time) Plus the leader of those elves, kinda went on to be much MUCH worse.

But yeah, "Your race invaded my planet and destroyed my kingdom" versus "One commander in your army was being as asshole to a small portion of my race!"...I think I can see why the Horde doesn't try to get revenge. They have nothing to get revenge for. (Also, not all the elves left the alliance, the High Elves stayed loyal. The blood elves are the ones who chose to turn traitor and leave)

It's like, if I slap you in the face for no reason. You could get revenge on me. But I can't really get revenge on you, seeing as how I'm the one what slapped you. it's a bit like that.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2016-09-21 at 08:27 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

The Alliance (Varian) let the Horde live when Garrosh was defeated, why would the Horde want revenge when the Alliance came to help them save their faction ?

Garrosh wanted the best for his people he even said so while he looked upon what the mogu built in the shrine and he said this is what my people deserve.

Azeroth is a hostile world full of people who want you dead and you blame him for just wanting to just take?

The Horde is all about survival while the alliance is all about pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    Garrosh wanted the best for his people he even said so while he looked upon what the mogu built in the shrine and he said this is what my people deserve.

Azeroth is a hostile world full of people who want you dead and you blame him for just wanting to just take?

The Horde is all about survival while the alliance is all about pride.
    His people were only a faction of the orcs and those "inferior" races that agreed to submit to him (e.g. goblins)

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    His people were only a faction of the orcs and those "inferior" races that agreed to submit to him (e.g. goblins)
    He said strong enough to follow him but you can take that for what its worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    The Alliance (Varian) let the Horde live when Garrosh was defeated, why would the Horde want revenge when the Alliance came to help them save their faction ?
    Varian and Alliance didnt defeated Garrosh alone it was both Horde and Alliance who defeated Garrosh.

Horde leaders - Vol'Jin,Sylvanas,Baine,Lorthemar Theron,Saurfang and their armies was fighting against Garrosh in Siege of Orgrimmar.

Deleted
    When doing quests, I see humans and Alliance invading and attacking Barrens and Durotar long before bombing of Theramore, but i dont see Orcs ,Taurens or Trolls asking for Revenge.
    So, um, the Orcs just moved in all friendly-like and bought Durotar and the Barrens from the previous owners, did they? Didn't invade and displace the natives (see: Ashenvale)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, one thing is for certain with Luckx threads that their opinions are fact. No research or citation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    He said strong enough to follow him but you can take that for what its worth.
    "Follow him". Nice words for dictatorship/slavery

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faffin View Post
    So, um, the Orcs just moved in all friendly-like and bought Durotar and the Barrens from the previous owners, did they? Didn't invade and displace the natives (see: Ashenvale)?
    Durotar and Barrens is not Orcs-only territory, there is Taurens living in Barrens and Trolls living in Durotar.

Alliance betrayel of Blood Elves which resulted Blood Elves losing 90% of their population is much worse then Sylvanas retreat, but i dont see Horde or Blood Elves asking for payback or revenge.

Alliance had leaders even more racistic than Garrosh like Grand Marshall Othmar Garithos, but Horde was fighting vs Garrosh in their own city, and Alliance wasnt fighting against Garithos.

Characters like Jaina and Genn Greymane saying that Horde betrayed them and want Revenge, Alliance betrayed Blood Elves alot but Blood elf characters doesnt asking for Revenge? (expect maybe female belf voice npcs sound "We will have our revenge" )

And Lor'themar Theron wanted to join Alliance during MOP? After Human & Alliance Army didnt helped when Scourge was attacking Blood Elves, and after Alliance used Blood Elves as cannon fodder.

Im not saying whole Alliance obssesed with Revenge, but certain characters like Genn,Jaina and Rogers, and Alliance soldiers in Stormheim quests.

Why its so one sided?
    Okay, Alliance didn't betray the Blood elves in that sense. A undead prince who murdered a ton of Alliance, and the King of Lordaeron did that. Furthermore, they already left the Alliance at that point. The scourge did that.

The Alliance in Lordaeron were shattered and mostly dead or undead. Garithos was the only choice, as literally, he was the last high ranking Alliance member. The New Alliance reformed a few years later thanks to Jaina.

The ALLIANCE OF LORDAERON WAS GONE. Dalaran, Stromgarde remained. (I think during this time King Thoras Trollbane was murdered.) Dalaran was preparing their defenses.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard narrative has been trying to show the Horde as "were not all bad guys".

Meanwhile, Alliance are misunderstanding the situation on Broken shore and this leads to tensions between Alliance and horde. The current way of it (except personal vendetta's i.e Greymane etc.) is that the Alliance are seeking revenge when the Horde (don't know Windrunners full intentions yet) are more in the "lets kill the legion" scenario.

Varian and Alliance didnt defeated Garrosh alone it was both Horde and Alliance who defeated Garrosh.

Horde leaders - Vol'Jin,Sylvanas,Baine,Lorthemar Theron,Saurfang and their armies was fighting against Garrosh in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    Where did I say that they defeated Garrosh alone ? I said they came to help them save their faction. Don't put words in my mouth.

I don't think that the Horde had an opportunity to destroy the Alliance and refused to take it because they thought they deserved to live ?

A little elf history lesson. Second war started to occur. King Menethil sent a missive out to all. King Sunstrider was like nah, wait you got a trollbane, eh send token aid to repay the debt. The Horde isn't a threat to us.
    Horde burns their forest.
    Elf king: WTF humans y no help us. We leave the Alliance now.