Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    So, I haven't been in the Emeral Nightmare yet because I live in the EU and still have to wait a few hours. However, Il'gynoth, one of the bosses in Emerald Nightmare does the whole Old God whisper thingy. He has some interesting lines (courtesy of NeoGAF):

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars.

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."

So... Thoughts?
    If I understand that correctly... it seems like Magni (king of diamonds) is not talking to Azeroth, but instead is talking to either N'zoth or one of his minions. And the five keys I understand are the Pillars of Creation, which actually seem to be the key to N'zoths prison (which would also explain why Azshara is seeking them, since she is an ally of the Old Gods). The last line I would attribute to Jaina. Which also doesn't bode well.

Any other whispers from him?

Edit:
    Added the last two.
    My guesses:

1.) I assume is a reference to N'zoth, not sure where though. Vashj'ir area seems most likely. He could be the drowned god and finally an interesting line referencing stars and the ocean from the puzzlebox of Yogg-Saron "The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark..."

2.) Anduin. Again, assuming the master is N'zoth

3.) No clue. 'Her' could be Azeroth?

4.) Pillars of Creation are a key? Turned by Khadgar?

5.) Curse of Flesh reference.
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-09-21 at 09:10 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melzy View Post
    They may well be trying to corrupt us. But who says that whispers designed to corrupt have to be lies?
    That is indeed a good point. I was thinking about the stuff that old gods whispered us so far.

"Your friends will abandon you."
    "You will betray your friends."
    "Look around... They will all betray you... Flee screaming into the black forest..."
    "They have turned against you... now, take your revenge..."

Of cause those were whispers made by the old gods themselves and Il'gynoth not an old god himself. I'm just wondering.
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like old gods are trying to talk us out of helping titans (and order in this case), because we, as society (of endless war) are creations of chaos, not order.

Magni was a creature of flesh and turned into a diamond (and how he is a pawn of last order-affiliated-titan)

Pillars are surely the key, because we can use them to repel legion (saving azeroth from death) and somehow cleanse azeroth. Or we can destroy them (born them), in this case they are torches that light path for the old gods.

No clue. IMO N'Zoth prison is too obvious to be true.

Anduin is a servant of the light, and "three lies" are three options presented by "light" to Anduin.

Sylvanas/Jaina reference. First one - Sylvanas losing her last fragment of humanity in WoD. Second one - obviously, destruction of Theramore

No clue. Maybe reference to... Illidan? Ravecrest was mentor (or patron? english is hard) of Illidan at some point of war of the ancients.

And the flesh one is what i've got my original point of us fighting the wrong side all this time.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-09-21 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Some of those lines sound like they are refering to the Pillars of Eternity.

It might be that our actions against the legion will aid the old gods and the void with their own plans in relation to creating a void-titan

Deleted
    I think the Lord of Ravens one could refer to Odyn and his (with our help) imminent victory over Helya, breaking her curse and opening the Halls of Valor so he and his Valarjar and Val'kyr can join the fray.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post

It might be that our actions against the legion will aid the old gods and the void with their own plans in relation to creating a void-titan
    It's exactly that.

Sargeras wants to kill Azeroth to stop it becoming corrupted, as she is an incredibly powerful Titan. That is a part of his Burning Crusade. Corrupted by the void, she would be a superweapon of the Void Lords.

Obviously, we don't want our planet to be Alderaan'd, so we just fight the local threat of the Old Gods, as we aren't too concerned with what happens on a celestial scale, unless we are in danger.

Therefore, there are three parties involved.

Us.
    The Burning Legion.
    The Void Gods.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe Sargeras is right, after all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

So Old Gods like to play team-based fantasy RPGs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    People are jumping the gun about Magni rather quickly, Il'gynoth says he was made a pawn but not whose pawn. Also how would Old Gods know that Titans are dead? Only one who knew was Ra and he wasnt under control of Old'Gods

Deleted
    The 'drown' place is most likely somewhere in Vashj'ir.

The archaeology box re the Old Gods pointed there too...

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    "To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars."

This could mean Illidan?

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."

So this means Anduin is possessed or in control of the Legion or Old Gods?

Obviously Jaina as pointed out.

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."
    This could mean Khadgar (with the help of Medivh). Once they open Sargeras tomb.

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."

This one I'm not quite sure on.

Is everyone truly that easy to corrupt in azeroth? :/

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Of course since it's in the nightmare Il'gynoth is likely lying to disquiet you......
    Lots of people have said this, but.... leave aside things which are either boasts or disagreement, have they ever outright lied? Going through a bunch of old god quotes, everything they've said is either something they're trying to make happen, something they believe will happen, or something that is true from a certain perspective.

Take the Naruu's true form being void. We certainly disagree, but they follow a life cycle. Is it possible to stop that life cycle for them to live eternally as light? How about eternally as void? If the latter is true but not the former, the statement has some logic to it, even if I disagree with it.

I think that's what makes the Old Gods so very insidious, and why so many would fall to their corruption... what they say isn't a blatant lie, it's just a very twisted and specific interpretation. That's always the best way to corrupt or tempt, because it's much harder to disprove and the corrupter can much more easily present evidence of why they're "right".

Quote Originally Posted by Icydemon View Post
    Is everyone truly that easy to corrupt in azeroth? :/
    Not so much they're easily corrupted. Just the Old Gods are that powerful, and have nothing but time.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

7+ Year Old Account
    The circle of stars...
    The celestial planetarium perhaps?
    Thr boy king is obviously anduin.
    "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it"
    Probably sylvanas or jaina.
    Jaina tbh seems to be more fitting.
    The lord off ravens is probably khadgar or maybe medivh.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    It's exactly that.

Sargeras wants to kill Azeroth to stop it becoming corrupted, as she is an incredibly powerful Titan.
    Wasn't there something about Sargeras wanting to corrupt Azeroth (the titan) with fel and make her into his consort?

Amazing discussion. I have nothing new to add to the theories as they seem to be all well founded, for the most part. However, there is something here that I don't understand.

1) "Your coming was foretold in the rings. The long circle is nearly complete."

What rings? Is it referring to the rings of the World Tree? The long circle seems to be the end of imprisonment of the Old Gods.

2) Il'gynoth seems to be a weird sort of collective consciousness - note how he/she says "I" sometimes and "we" some other times.

"Come, little ones, savor your fear as we feast upon it!"

"Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path."

"Aaarg! Every blow struck at our heart will be repaid a thousand-fold!"

"N'Zoth... I journey... to Ny'alotha..."

The thing is though, it says "we" throughout the fight from start to near finish, except at the end where it says "I". What is Il'gynoth actually?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Wasn't there something about Sargeras wanting to corrupt Azeroth (the titan) with fel and make her into his consort?
    Yes, an in game book in the warlock order hall says that during the wota when the well collapsed, sargeras for a moment stood in front of azeroth and she opened one eye, sargeras basically "fell in love with her" and wants to have some sexy titan time while corrupting her.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    I think the Lord of Ravens one could refer to Odyn and his (with our help) imminent victory over Helya, breaking her curse and opening the Halls of Valor so he and his Valarjar and Val'kyr can join the fray.
    Pretty interesting, considering Odin in NOrse mythology has the same two ravens that Odyn has in his vrykul form.

The title of "Lord" fits him more accurately than Khadgar or Medivh imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    Pretty interesting, considering Odin in NOrse mythology has the same two ravens that Odyn has in his vrykul form.

The title of "Lord" fits him more accurately than Khadgar or Medivh imo
    Well there are already some very offputting things about how Odyn has done things, quite likely he will do something to make things worse.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.