Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Here we go with the tinfoil hat theory of "streamers get a better chance". They fucking don't. They had their beta access for the publicity and that's it till the next beta.
    We also had a theory that players who had 1 legendary had higher chance of getting 2nd?!? Please tell me how did that theory turned out to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    But the person should have a reduced chance of getting next one but strangely he got his 3rd!
    What makes you think he doesn't have reduced change to get one? Because he got one? That's flawed logic.

We are still talking about one player out of millions. Increase your sample size a bit more before going crazy with the conspiracy theories.

We also had a theory that players who had 1 legendary had higher chance of getting 2nd?!? Please tell me how did that theory turned out to be?
    I don't think nobody has ever said that. Just that prolonged time without leg drop would increase your chance (until you finally get one), not that getting legs would drop your chance.
    Last edited by Santti; 2016-09-21 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I think going with a sample size of one and thinking the bug is still there after being discovered and quite possibly fixed is more foolish, but that's just me.
    Well the situation here is that Blizz has messed up a few times in a row now and insists they're not going to disclose how the system works. Screwing up the titanforged system on beta was bad enough, but screwing up legendary distribution on live, and having to attempt to fix it twice (that they've announced), puts confidence in the dev team pretty damn low.

Blizz could easily prove that players are being paranoid by showing their work. They refuse to. So cynicism reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    It's random, educate yourself instead of remaining ignorant. There's no conspiracy theory.

You guys really love conspiracy theories, right? Pathetic.
    People said the same thing before the fix, just saying. In fact I saw someone make a thread on /r/wow before the fix saying that there must be a problem since so many people are getting 2-3 legendaries, and everyone was calling him an idiot and that "rng is rng bro", turns out he was right.

Also @OP, look up law of truly large numbers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    It's random, educate yourself instead of remaining ignorant. There's no conspiracy theory.

You guys really love conspiracy theories, right? Pathetic.
    the problem is that it's NOT random. That's what you and others chanting "RNG" are missing. Blizzard has told us that the code adjusts drop chance based on whether you have a legendary. The second they did that, they moved away from pure random chance toward some weighting and there's always the possibility that the code they've written does, in fact, have a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    What makes you think he doesn't have reduced change to get one? Because he got one? That's flawed logic.

We are still talking about one player out of millions. Increase your sample size a bit more before going crazy with the conspiracy theories.
    1 player who happens to be a streamer.....

10+ Year Old Account
    1 player who happens to be a streamer.....
    And Onyxia Deep Breaths more.

Deleted
    most people wont ever even see a legendary drop this expansion why add stuff at a stupidly low drop rate, atleast give it a drop rate number so you might actually see it before the expansion after this

I knew there would be so much butthurt over not getting legendary drops. Poor little fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    most people wont ever even see a legendary drop this expansion why add stuff at a stupidly low drop rate, atleast give it a drop rate number so you might actually see it before the expansion after this
    Bit early to be calling this crap don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    First, legendaries aren't required for progression.

Second, if it was in fact a bug then one of two things needs to happen:

(1) You either take the legendaries away from these people
    (2) You let the bug remain so that everyone else has an opportunity for the same loot/chance

What it boils down to is an equitable experience. This isn't some grand opening where the first 1000 customers get exclusive prizes aka a treasure trove of legendaries, and then anyone after a certain mark (them fixing the bug) has to work exponentially harder for it. Fuck that!

Deleted
    its like that love is in the air mount its got like a 0.003 percent chance to drop i mean wtf kinda drop rate is that and its only available for 14 days out of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaxDAyNUfPk

I know, I know.. we're back to "RNG is RNG" as an excuse.
    It's not an excuse. Just because the fix reduced the increased chance of getting additional legendaries after getting one doesn't mean no one can get lucky.

That was a bug. Not some little switch they turned on for streamers. Anyone believing tinfoil hat bullcrap like "streamers get the increased chance" are just hilarious. I bet these are the same kinds of people who constantly utter the "rats fleeing the sinking ship" line whenever someone leaves Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

its like that love is in the air mount its got like a 0.003 percent chance to drop i mean wtf kinda drop rate is that and its only available for 14 days out of the year
    So? What's wrong with a couple of holiday mounts being secret rare?

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    So what you guys are saying is that noone could ever be that lucky? Is there LOADS of other people that have gotten 3 or more Legendaries? And also havent Elvine always been a somewhat lucky guy?
    I once got three BoE epics in vanilla within 5 boar kills in vanilla. Never saw another one.

No reason for a second one to drop until you have the upgrade to equip 2. Stupid system that has already failed hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt this will be the case. We probably wouldn't have the Class Hall upgrade that increases the amount of legendaries that can be worn by 1 if that were the true. Plus, currently we can wear only 1 legendary without the upgrade, but it increases as the expansion goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    You seem pretty upset. And no it's not.
    Do you have a legendary?

Deleted
    i dnt even know why they added legendarys in the first place, they might aswell ditch the loot colours as epic and legendary gear used to mean something now it doesnt

Deleted
    The chance to obtain a legendary increases as the expansion goes on. So yeh...