Thread: YouTube Heroes

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also, heroes? They couldn't of picked something better as a name?
    "Keyboard warriors" was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    "Keyboard warriors" was taken.
    That explains everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh jesus christ this looks horrible. Youtube is too lazy and cheap to hire more people so they're just gonna do this program to get people to work for them for free. Great idea.

Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2016-09-21 at 08:42 PM.

Sounds like a good way to cause people to get big heads and think they're more important than they really are. As if there's not enough of that on the internet as it is.

Oh this will be so abused.

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks like the thing chinese are doing right now. Gain points for doing the *right thing*.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    The right-wing nutjobs will have to band together and start a new website to host their hate speech.

It's going to get interesting.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hero" aka narc/snitch. Can't wait for someone with a following to get butt hurt and send legions to mass flag another persons channel because they said something "offensive"....

And lol at that dislike bar. XD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    Google has to make one of their most profitable markets more profitable.
    Is there data that shows this type of policy will increase their profit overall? I dont see this increasing their profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    The right-wing nutjobs will have to band together and start a new website to host their hate speech.

You could be an ideal YouTube comment hero. Have you thought about submitting for it?
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-09-21 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    GradeAUnderA is the true hero!
    Tru dat.

/10 char

Deleted
    google is going downhill so much, cant even swear on youtube now

You do know that this won't just affect them. MAss flagging videos. You dont need to watch them, it's just going to turn into a small war against any creators that the 'hero' doesn't like. Take a look at copyright claim, and see how badly it got handled.
    Last edited by eillas; 2016-09-22 at 12:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't you link a sign up button?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

There is already too much moderation on YouTube. I miss the Usenet days...

In a world where some jackass can think it's a good idea to post a video she took of herself screaming harassment and sexual assault at a guy who told her his name was "Hugh Mungus," you can get fucked if you think "right-wing nutjobs" and "hate speech" are the only things that could be effected by something like this.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    In a world where some jackass can think it's a good idea to post a video she took of herself screaming harassment and sexual assault at a guy who told her his name was "Hugh Mungus," you can get fucked if you think "right-wing nutjobs" and "hate speech" are the only things that could be effected by something like this.
    Wat. I need this video in my life.

EDIT: Just found/skimmed it. Wow.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2016-09-22 at 12:56 AM.

I can certainly see what they are going for. Getting people to add captions or subtitles to videos or getting people to share their creative knowledge has the potential to create a more fulling and wholesome Youtube community. But I'm guessing people are going to stop the idea where it is now simply from the moderation part.

Everyone should realize all of this stuff already exists in Youtube. You can report negative comments, flag videos, and the owner of a video can remove any comment on their videos they don't let for that echo chamber. This is just them offering some fake rewards in exchange for doing so.

As someone who doesn't watch these idiots on Youtube and only uses it for game/movie trailers and music, IDFC.

7+ Year Old Account
    STASI 2.0 Google goes GDR