Page 41 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    Old War is better with Serenity and Deadly Grace is better with SEF.
    Can you confirm that Babylonius? I've been using OldWar with SEF because I followed your site and IcyVeins and it said nothing about that, I spent almost 30k on those potions, feelsbadman

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    Old War is better with Serenity and Deadly Grace is better with SEF.
    How do you figure?
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    I think right now we are well good when it comes both to ST and AoE.
    We are currently two WWs in our guild, and we were always on the first 6 spots in 30man raid. Being only consistently beated by 2 Demon Hunters. Occasionaly by unholy dk or hunter.

I was also able to see how different Clockwise and CounterClockwise artefact traits are. I went Clock, the other monk went Counter and we were pretty dead even. He would usually gain a massive advantage during the opener, but I always cought up in the next minute and then the damage was pretty much the same.

I just wanted to see the stats on March of the Legion legendary ring...and it is not in the dungeon journal any more! Please tell me they didn't remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenwins View Post
    I just wanted to see the stats on March of the Legion legendary ring...and it is not in the dungeon journal any more! Please tell me they didn't remove it.
    No it's just a bug that causes some not to show up in the Journal sometimes.

Deleted
    Heavy-Handed Strikes Fists of Fury has a 5 yard increased range, and
    "targets hit by Fists of Fury are stunned for 4s"
    now
    "reduces the movement speed of enemies struck by 70% for 2 sec." Windwalker Monk - Tier 5 PvP Talent.

thats a huge pvp nerf if it goes through

Deleted
    Heavy-Handed Strikes Fists of Fury has a 5 yard increased range, and targets hit by Fists of Fury are stunned for 4 reduces the movement speed of enemies struck by 70% for 2 sec. Windwalker Monk - Tier 5 PvP Talent.

Does this need its own thread? what are the chances they'll bother looking at BRM pvp too? God this game is starting to piss me off.

Hi all, new to Monk this xpac, and i'd like to ask a couple of questions if i may.

I didn't want to clutter up the forum with another thread, so i thought this would be the best spot for it.

I'm trying to maximise my aoe rotation for trash packs in mythic+'s, and i think i should be doing a lot more than what i am currently... this being due to me being bad and not using SCK properly.

Given I have serenity, and thus WDP isn't in the rotation.

1 - After blowing FoF and SotW, do you spend the rest of your time tab-targeting different mobs to keep SCK buff up, and use SCK whenever you have 3 chi? Or do you try tag all mobs with the SCK buff before using SCK?
    2 - To add to this, at what point to you just give up trying to tag all mobs with the SCK buff, if at all? (i'm guessing this depends on the hp of the mobs)

Thinking of some real world examples:

3 - Generally if there's a group of mobs that number > 6, they'll generally be low hp mobs, and i'll probably just hit them with an unbuffed SCK before they die. Is this correct? or should i be also tab-targetting mobs at this point while building chi?

4 - What if we're doing a strong pull, with multiple higher hp mobs, like in halls of valor - the group of 5/6 (the second pull, the one with the dragon before hymdall), should my rotation look something more like this?:
    (Using the rotation from walkingthewind.com as a base (big props to the people maintaining it, tyvm!), but i've tried to edit it to not include bigger CD's(TOD + Serenity) as i want them for Hymdall)
    TP -> BoK -> TP -> FoF -> TP -> SotW -> TP -> BoK -> TP -> SCK -> TP -> BoK -> TP -> SCK... etc

With something like the above (please correct me if wrong), I should be tab-targeting each time i TP & BoK, to keep up the buffs, shouldn't i?

sidenote: I have a bit of beef with tab-targetting, due to it selecting mobs at range sometimes >.>

Apologies for the long post, i've tried to number my questions to make replying easier.
    Thanks in advanced for any help you're able to provide!

Quote Originally Posted by Headi View Post
    Heavy-Handed Strikes Fists of Fury has a 5 yard increased range, and
    "targets hit by Fists of Fury are stunned for 4s"
    now
    "reduces the movement speed of enemies struck by 70% for 2 sec." Windwalker Monk - Tier 5 PvP Talent.

thats a huge pvp nerf if it goes through
    I'm so glad I'm not bothering with pvp this expansion, that nerf is insane.

So mastery fixed for tornado kicks what about hit combo and other damage modifiers? I believe the issue was that it only calculated the base damage of RSK into account before damage modifiers wasn't it?

I saw the pvp trinket... That thing looks like it would be wicked good with serenity. Also it seems the alchemy stone is on PPM now which sucks. Rarely procs for the opener.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    I'm so glad I'm not bothering with pvp this expansion, that nerf is insane.
    Yeah, I just got to that talent. It's WoD all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    How do you figure?
    A lot of testing and gold. I consistently had higher damage with Old War than Deadly Grace. Especially on burst openers I consistently reached 800-900k burst almost 1 mill a few times with Old War. With Deadly Grace I got around 700-800k.

Quote Originally Posted by Baynz View Post
    4 - What if we're doing a strong pull, with multiple higher hp mobs, like in halls of valor - the group of 5/6 (the second pull, the one with the dragon before hymdall), should my rotation look something more like this?:
    (Using the rotation from walkingthewind.com as a base (big props to the people maintaining it, tyvm!), but i've tried to edit it to not include bigger CD's(TOD + Serenity) as i want them for Hymdall)
    TP -> BoK -> TP -> FoF -> TP -> SotW -> TP -> BoK -> TP -> SCK -> TP -> BoK -> TP -> SCK... etc
    But, because of the latest nerf to SotW You want to skip it in Your AoE rotation and quickly buff SCK stacks and spam it as often as possible.

As You are already somewhat familiar with WalkingtheWind You should read their theorycrafting post about SCK:
    http://www.walkingthewind.com/2016/0...heorycrafting/

Don't take SotW under consideration, though.

Also -
    Are You sure You are using Serenity perfectly? I could suggest going WDP instead.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    because of the latest nerf to SotW

What nerf??? its not even damn in PTR yet, what nerf are you speaking about? The day it will come, will be probobly 7.1. Are you doing 7.1 now? i dont think so.

it seems serenity looks better than sef?
    and new simcraft told the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Piens View Post
    What nerf??? its not even damn in PTR yet, what nerf are you speaking about? The day it will come, will be probobly 7.1. Are you doing 7.1 now? i dont think so.
    Are we even playing the same game?
    Go online and check SotW on 4+ targets and come back with information if the result is the same as 3 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Votetobicyxa View Post
    it seems serenity looks better than sef?
    and new simcraft told the same.
    Well, I've noticed that on the WoWLogs as well, gotta test a bit more with this talent.
    Last edited by ErothTV; 2016-09-22 at 09:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Well, I've noticed that on the WoWLogs as well, gotta test a bit more with this talent.
    Everyone plays Serenity seems - good. Even Babylonius who was speaking all the time that you should go for SEF - was playing with Serenity all bosses yesterday ;_;. I feel like watching weather forecast, when next day is totally different weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Piens View Post
    Everyone plays Serenity seems - good. Even Babylonius who was speaking all the time that you should go for SEF - was playing with Serenity all bosses yesterday ;_;. I feel like watching weather forecast, when next day is totally different weather.
    He tells people to use SEF because Serenity is very difficult to use correctly for the vast majority of people. Aside from the fact he even says Serenity has the potential to do more damage than WDP depending on fight mechanics and player skill so it's no surprise the top WW's decide to use it on fights they feel comfortable with it.
    Last edited by Carthh; 2016-09-22 at 09:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carthh View Post
    He tells people to use SEF because Serenity is very difficult to use correctly for the vast majority of people
    what a lame excuse, why not let us decide. we just needed info backed up with numbers and then each one can decide properly what is best (why do we need theorycrafting otherwise)

Quote Originally Posted by Carthh View Post
    Aside from the fact he even says Serenity has the potential to do more damage than WDP depending on fight mechanics
    "potential"? a little vast field, that's why exist the theorycrafting to reduce the possibilities and determine the situation/criteria where is better

i know its must be difficult, and i thank all you guys that in someway helped the comunity, what doesn't help in anyway is your answer mate.

peace

p.s. hard laughs with the weather analogy

You can always take some time and money and stay for several hours on target dummy for practice and then share the results