Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Self preservation matters more than any trivial job responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    This will make them somewhat more vulnerable than if they had free rein to gun down anyone they pleased, but if that's a problem then they should go find a new line of work.
    maybe they should, so people will stop bellyaching at all cops over a few cops' fuckups. then y'all can bitch about how there's no cops to enforce the law because it's a dangerous job that pays like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Self preservation matters more than any trivial job responsibility

maybe they should, so people will stop bellyaching at all cops over a few cops' fuckups. then y'all can bitch about how there's no cops to enforce the law because it's a dangerous job that pays like shit.
    1. It isn't a particularly dangerous job.
    2. It pays very well, especially when you factor in benefits.
    3. Plenty of other countries manage to hold police accountable and still having respect for the law.
    4. It's not a few cop's fuckups. Our criminal justice system is completely broken from top to bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I really want to know what goes through the head of someone with this mentality

are cops supposed to not defend themselves? It's kind of difficult to have a career or support a family when you're in a box 6 feet underground.
    In most devolped countries, innocent bystanders tend to not be killed by cops.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Not mass destruction? Mass shootings regularly kill dozens of people. No anthrax attack has ever done that. Most bombings don't kill dozens of people, but generally speaking, bombs are illegal. The worst C4 attack in history killed 19 people, way fewer than multiple mass shootings we see every year. Should we deregulate C4?

Regardless, your distinction makes no sense. The weapon doesn't matter unless the weapon reaches some ephemeral "mass destruction" threshold, and then SUDDENLY the type of weapon matters?
    Tell me how getting rid of guns will stop murder. Maybe we can be like the U.K. is now and call for a ban on two pronged fucking forks. You can lead a horse to water but you can't give them common sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't even care anymore OP. I am desensitized if a cop either died or wrongfully shot a victim. Every case is covered with so any layers of lies, deceit, and misdirection that I no longer care who died.

1. It isn't a particularly dangerous job.
    2. It pays very well, especially when you factor in benefits.
    3. Plenty of other countries manage to hold police accountable and still having respect for the law.
    4. It's not a few cop's fuckups. Our criminal justice system is completely broken from top to bottom.
    Ofcourse the US justice system is broken, they let OJ get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by garr21 View Post
    Ofcourse the US justice system is broken, they let OJ get away with it.
    OJ getting away with it was notable because it was an outlier, the twisted corrupt system that America had built to kill/suppress/oppress/enslave/profit off of the black or poor and all too often acquit the rich had managed to let a rich black man get away with murder.

So when a war criminal like Cheney gets away scot free no one bats an eye, because that's working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'm not sure what people expect, when they arm the population, not caring about whether the people they arm are mentally stable enough to own weapons or not. The only shock value at this point, is that no one cares to do anything about it, despite these being a daily occurrence.
    I'm not sure what people expect, when they support a radicalized domestic terrorist hate platform to advance their political party, not caring about whether the criminals that get lawfully shot were committing a crime in the process. The only shock value at this point, is that no one has the balls to mark these terrorists for what they are and purge them, despite their attacks being a daily occurrence.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    OJ getting away with it was notable because it was an outlier, the twisted corrupt system that America had built to kill/suppress/oppress/enslave/profit off of the black or poor and all too often acquit the rich had managed to let a rich black man get away with murder.

So when a war criminal like Cheney gets away scot free no one bats an eye, because that's working as intended.
    You know if my black brothers stopped commiting crimes they the "system" will come down. But they see pushing crack as a profession insted of working a honest job.

You know if my black brothers stopped commiting crimes they the "system" will come down. But they see pushing crack as a profession insted of working a honest job.
    First off I don't believe you're black. Second if your understanding of the relationship between black people and the "system" only stretches back as far as the late 80s and crack then you're a bloody moron.

Police were killing black people long before gangbanging was ever a thing, before crack, before tupac, before rap. They assassinated MLK and he was as far from gangsta as one could get. It's about systemic racism, not anything black people are doing. Cuz if it was about drugs then all the incarceration for selling and possession would match the rates for usage, and yet nope, white people are more likely to use AND sell drugs, and yet it's black people that get hunted down and murdered with this bullshit "war on drugs" nonsense.

You keep saying "black people" as if they're black. They're brown. "White people" are peach colored, or tan depending on your version of that particular shade of skin. The end.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

First off I don't believe you're black. Second if your understanding of the relationship between black people and the "system" only stretches back as far as the late 80s and crack then you're a bloody moron.

Police were killing black people long before gangbanging was ever a thing, before crack, before tupac, before rap. They assassinated MLK and he was as far from gangsta as one could get. It's about systemic racism, not anything black people are doing. Cuz if it was about drugs then all the incarceration for selling and possession would match the rates for usage, and yet nope, white people are more likely to use AND sell drugs, and yet it's black people that get hunted down and murdered with this bullshit "war on drugs" nonsense.
    You fucking what? i am a proud gay black man. Is a black man not aloud to be on these forums do we need your white ass to speek for us? Whats next gonna call me an uncle tom? or a house nigger? Shit people like you are the true racists because you use the racism of low expectations. I have a white man to thank for my life for a good job and a good house to call my own. Because he showed me the true potential within.

As i said before if my black brothers applyed themselves they would have the same shit i do. But no we gotta keep rapping on street corners and hoping DR DRE notices us before we get gunned down Thats a black mans place in the world acording to you. So go on keep pushing your feel good bullshit and keep ignoring a true problem. Whats next gonna say i am not black because i don't like fried chicken and watermellon fucking racist.
    But i bet you will ignore this post because i do not fit your narative (all cops/white men are racist). I will not ever blame any living white man for sins that someone did over 300 years ago. MLK was not the king of black people. nether is Obama or jessie Jackson
    Last edited by garr21; 2016-09-21 at 12:18 PM.

You fucking what? i am a proud gay black man. Is a black man not aloud to be on these forums do we need your white ass to speek for us? Whats next gonna call me an uncle tom? or a house nigger? Shit people like you are the true racists because you use the racism of low expectations. I have a white man to thank for my life for a good job and a good house to call my own. Because he showed me the true potential within.

As i said before if my black brothers applyed themselves they would have the same shit i do. But no we gotta keep rapping on street corners and hoping DR DRE notices us before we get gunned down Thats a black mans place in the world acording to you. So go on keep pushing your feel good bullshit and keep ignoring a true problem. Whats next gonna say i am not black because i don't like fried chicken and watermellon fucking racist.
    But i bet you will ignore this post because i do not fit your narative (all cops/white men are racist). I will not ever blame any living white man for sins that someone did over 300 years ago. MLK was not the king of black people. nether is Obama or jessie Jackson
    Man get the fuck outta here, aint no way to prove your race on the internet, but we can fuckin definitely prove who's a racist fuckwad when they start saying shit that is objectively demonstrably untrue except in the wet dreams of reaganomics and david duke fetish websites.

You can get fucked with your idiotic shtick. Ain't so sane person on the internet sitting right at the junction between conservative talking points and horseshit lies than you. When I talk about MLK gettin shot that wasnt 300 years ago you idiotic cunt, when I talk about disproportionate law enforcement that's now you arrogant lying jackass.

I didn't call you anything, all I said is that when somebody starts talkin like all they fuckin watch is bill o reilly I have a hard time believin em when they say they're black. You could of course be so delusional and out of touch that you believe this shit. But more likely you're a white dude that's never met a black person in their life tryna spit horseshit klan talking points by pretending to be black on the internet.

The quality of ideas exists beyond the skin colour of the person presenting them, and yours are about as backwards and ignorant as they come. Keep on with that bullshit. I'm sure you have a loyal following of delusional white people happy to praise you for spouting lies about black people under cover of your internet persona.

Not mass destruction? Mass shootings regularly kill dozens of people. No anthrax attack has ever done that. Most bombings don't kill dozens of people, but generally speaking, bombs are illegal. The worst C4 attack in history killed 19 people, way fewer than multiple mass shootings we see every year. Should we deregulate C4?

Regardless, your distinction makes no sense. The weapon doesn't matter unless the weapon reaches some ephemeral "mass destruction" threshold, and then SUDDENLY the type of weapon matters?
    Please provide evidence of regular mass shooting that have dozens (at least 24) of fatalities. Your use of words is important here. "regular" implies this is happening weekly or so and dozens of fatalities is way over the top. Mass shootings seldom have more than half a dozen fatalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Love how you call him the "suspected" shooter when there is a 0% chance that he is NOT the shooter. Way to stick up for a scumbag again!
    Stupid founding fathers, forcing us from beyond the grave to apply some outdated, "innocent until proven guilty" policy. How dare they demand we try these evil scumbags, even when we know they done it?

Man get the fuck outta here, aint no way to prove your race on the internet, but we can fuckin definitely prove who's a racist fuckwad when they start saying shit that is objectively demonstrably untrue except in the wet dreams of reaganomics and david duke fetish websites.

You can get fucked with your idiotic shtick. Ain't so sane person on the internet sitting right at the junction between conservative talking points and horseshit lies than you. When I talk about MLK gettin shot that wasnt 300 years ago you idiotic cunt, when I talk about disproportionate law enforcement that's now you arrogant lying jackass.

I didn't call you anything, all I said is that when somebody starts talkin like all they fuckin watch is bill o reilly I have a hard time believin em when they say they're black. You could of course be so delusional and out of touch that you believe this shit. But more likely you're a white dude that's never met a black person in their life tryna spit horseshit klan talking points by pretending to be black on the internet.

The quality of ideas exists beyond the skin colour of the person presenting them, and yours are about as backwards and ignorant as they come. Keep on with that bullshit. I'm sure you have a loyal following of delusional white people happy to praise you for spouting lies about black people under cover of your internet persona.
    If you say something conservative you can't be black -breakerofwills
    You are so pathetic i cannot even think of a word to insult you. Oh i know racist.

co criminals of obvious kin are trashing the city cause their criminal buddy got shot and police does nothing to prevent it - what a surpise nobody seen that coming - all in the name of politaical correctness - lets call things real they should just hunt all them down and shot them on spot for public disturbance

and stop with playign the racist victim cared - public distrubance is crime - they hsould be cought / shot and put into prison where cirminals belong

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Somethings got to be done about social media. You can bet on social media they didn't say anything about the BB gun that Tyre kid was carrying they said "police shot that child down like a dog".

This kind of talk makes people angry. Not sure it's what happened in this case but I wouldn't be surprised.
    Why should you do anything about social media? The population should be educated enough to know the internet is full of shit. Alas, if you focus more on selling guns than education, I can see how this could be a problem... still don't think just shifting blame to this nebulous entity "social media" will solve anything. They'll just slam you with free speech rhetoric and that's that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Why should you do anything about social media? The population should be educated enough to know the internet is full of shit. Alas, if you focus more on selling guns than education, I can see how this could be a problem... still don't think just shifting blame to this nebulous entity "social media" will solve anything. They'll just slam you with free speech rhetoric and that's that.
    Well, blacks don't trust "white" media, newspapers etc. They should but they don't.

So now they have "news" on social media. Black social media and it's extremely biased, if it were a news paper everyone would be accusing it of printing stories that got people killed, wildly inaccurate stories. People post on social media venting their rage and they forget and leave out details like "he had a gun".

We need better communication, reestablish trust.

This rioting over heavy handed police tactics has been going on for at least a hundred years. It's just that social media is making it worse.

And let's not forget the new trend of shooting police, I see this as the fault of social media too.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well, blacks don't trust "white" media, newspapers etc. They should but they don't.

So now they have "news" on social media. Black social media and it's extremely biased, if it were a news paper everyone would be accusing it of printing stories that got people killed, wildly inaccurate stories. People post on social media venting their rage and they forget and leave out details like "he had a gun".

We need better communication, reestablish trust.

This rioting over heavy handed police tactics has been going on for at least a hundred years. It's just that social media is making it worse.

And let's not forget the new trend of shooting police, I see this as the fault of social media too.
    No, actually, this is a natural development when you sell the whole "guns for everyone" agenda with rhetoric like "everyone should defend themselves" or "each man stands alone" or... my favourite "we need guns to defend against oppressive tyranny."

Take that kind of reasoning and a cop who's a bit on the mean side and you've got people shooting at police. The natural reaction of the police is to be the first that shoots. Do you see how everything boils down to mayhem? The US is fostering an aggressive atmosphere. This is what the people in the US want. This is why some of us Europeans show less and less sympathy with these killings. This is a homemade problem and you really, really do not want us to tell you how to fix it. You know how to fix it, but it would be "unamerican", which by now is probably worse than any of the original sins of the bible (thou shalt not kill etc.).

This is not a troll attempt, I swear, but you lot are arrested in a downward spiral of accusations and violence. It'll take a good while longer until things calm down again, I reckon. And the more fearmongering your politicians do (who the media feed off of), the longer it'll take.

And while we're on the subject of "white media". They're trying to compete with social media, from what I've seen. The US has waved goodbye to proper journalism a while ago. You still have islands of proper journalism here and there, but mass media? Long gone beyond the horizon by now...
    Last edited by Slant; 2016-09-22 at 09:36 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.