Thread: SotW nerf.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    If they hadn't nerf it, we would be first on the recent numbers after day 1 EN by a pretty decent margin I'd say.
    Old SotW on the Heart boss sounds insanely OP. As well as on the spiders in the spider/roc druid fight.

the windlord nerf is fine imo. i think this takes us off the radar a little bit. next week, they will focus on the other classes that currently shine
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappadappa View Post
    It does more than 1m single target lel.
    mine were hitting for 600k multi target 1st strike, 400-500k second strike on my recount. for some reason last night my SotW was hitting less on a single target than it did like 2 days ago.

Apparently according to the forums and logs the nerf to secondary did in fact fuck up our MH and OH co-efficient for ST aswell, which makes sense why I was hitting so much lower than usual even on ST.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2016-09-22 at 06:16 AM.

They can't nerf DH correctly because Blizzard learned with the monk class that in order to make people play it they need to give them a touch of the release DK treatment and then nerf it slowly to where they want it. Monks were treated very cautiously especially WW and brought up gradually. Some missteps were made notably opening of WoD though I believe it was deliberate in a hope to entice fotm rerolls and hope some love it so much they stay. I expect SoW having repeated that same objective.

Blizzard are waiting to see who stays and who goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    mine were hitting for 600k multi target 1st strike, 400-500k second strike on my recount. for some reason last night my SotW was hitting less on a single target than it did like 2 days ago.

Apparently according to the forums and logs the nerf to secondary did in fact fuck up our MH and OH co-efficient for ST aswell, which makes sense why I was hitting so much lower than usual even on ST.
    No it did not.

They could never nerf us like they did in WOD again. We dont have tigers eye brew RSK debuff or tiger palm debuff anymore. We dont have a bunch of nobs they can turn way down, so we will never be in the spot were then when they could nerf a bunch of damage multipliers and our abilities and bury us in the ground. So lets drop the doom and gloom. Nerf was needed, it was op and no setup needed. As someone has said SCK which requires much more setup always hit harder, and with all the fights so far we are more than viable, we are still an invulnerable piece to any mythic raiding team

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it did not.
    Go check out the official Monk forums. many posts all about it.

Hitting 3 targets, my SotW did a total of 1.2 million damage. Something definitely screwy about that.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2016-09-22 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    They can't nerf DH correctly because Blizzard learned with the monk class that in order to make people play it they need to give them a touch of the release DK treatment and then nerf it slowly to where they want it. Monks were treated very cautiously especially WW and brought up gradually. Some missteps were made notably opening of WoD though I believe it was deliberate in a hope to entice fotm rerolls and hope some love it so much they stay. I expect SoW having repeated that same objective.

Blizzard are waiting to see who stays and who goes.
    Holy fuck, I hope I never fall into this level of conspiracy theory-tier deluded madness.

The question i have is:

Why the heck isnt there any official note about what exactly has been done. I mean they post notes but nothing about the windwalkernerf itself. What is the problem to say:

Look it was that way but we wanted it that way so we changed the following (insert spell changes here)

Am i wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Yinmin View Post
    The question i have is:

Why the heck isnt there any official note about what exactly has been done. I mean they post notes but nothing about the windwalkernerf itself. What is the problem to say:

Look it was that way but we wanted it that way so we changed the following (insert spell changes here)

Am i wrong?
    yah I am just trying to find out if this is live. (I noticed my AE damage seems a bit lower, but I see no difference in single target at all. )

Well they needed or AoE but DH still is ridiculous. They blow us away now and even MM kills. We're slowly getting tuned into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post
    Well they needed or AoE but DH still is ridiculous. They blow us away now and even MM kills. We're slowly getting tuned into the ground.

Well i think it is okay to get nerved a bit - SotW simply been way to powerful. It was basically a fire and forget nuke which trivialized content (i know DHs still can do that).

Problem is that nobody tells us what they did.

I notice the nerf on packs (which is halfway acceptable, numbers we should talk about) - but, and that is what worries me, i although notice a decrease of my single target hits. (i can't really say by how much but it went from a 7 digit number on training dummy to a 6 digit number )

So all i want is to know: "What exactly did blizzard do there" and " what are your plans for the "balancing" future ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Winwalker is still super good on multi target fights.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nkings&fight=3
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    If they hadn't nerf it, we would be first on the recent numbers after day 1 EN by a pretty decent margin I'd say.
    Old SotW on the Heart boss sounds insanely OP. As well as on the spiders in the spider/roc druid fight.
    Agreed. I pulled some 90%-95% rankings last night in our normal run. If the nerf didn't happen the numbers would have been lollercopter on some of those fights.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd_rage View Post
    yah I am just trying to find out if this is live. (I noticed my AE damage seems a bit lower, but I see no difference in single target at all. )
    You shouldnt notice a difference in single target damage, just AOE. It is live, has been since Tuesday.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Hitting 3 targets, my SotW did a total of 1.2 million damage. Something definitely screwy about that.

The forums are full of whiny cry babies that don't know what they are talking about
    http://imgur.com/a/fRk5d

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The forums are full of whiny cry babies that don't know what they are talking about
    http://imgur.com/a/fRk5d
    A quick target dummy log posted to WCL woudl go a lot farther than screen shots from either of you. If there is an issue, its easier to figure it out that way.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    They should have just made it work similar SCK. Targets affeceted by tiger palm, blackout kick or rising sun kick still take the full damage. This would at least require some "skill" (management).

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    A quick target dummy log posted to WCL woudl go a lot farther than screen shots from either of you. If there is an issue, its easier to figure it out that way.
    If the initial mainhand hit doesn't crit the number looks low. The single target numbers are still 750-800k or so, people are just misjudging their 2-3 target damage based on crits.