7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    Both Icy veins and Wowhead now show holy paladin stats to be int>crit>versatility>mastery
    Was not always so, icy veins had mastery before versatility at one point.

Still, why do i still see some good holy paladins going for crit>mastery>versatility? surely not all dungeon and specially raid fights have people bunched up, on the contrary really.

Also askmrRobot shows something even stranger, Intellect > Mastery > Critical Strike > Versatility.

So which one is it ?!... i have geared crit mastery but now am considering crit versatility cause i dont like grouping up, its troublesome and unnecessarily hard
    I you can't be bothered to adjust your position and stand close to your targets, then obviously versatility would be a better choice for you. AMR shows mastery as the best stat, since if you could always stay within 10 yards(and thus have the full effect of mastery at all times), it is the strongest stat by far(for raw healing output) if you stack it.

Most raid fights, and more or less every second in dungeons, allows you to stay within close range of most people though.
    I cannot think of a moment in dungeons so far that would prevent you from staying within 10 yards of people, do you have any examples?

sometimes running from fires, or ranged spazzing all over the place mess with the mastery reach
    I only havent ditched mastery for versatility cause of the talent rule of law, it solves that problem for me.

But its interesting to see how close mastery and versa are, probably wont matter for the average raider though

Just wanted to pop in to say that Hpal is awesome. Got into Emerald Nightmare last night with the guild for my groups first night in there.
    We only did normal just to get a feel for the mechanics and help get some stragglers a few pieces of gear. All I can say is I was topping healing on every fight against a Resto Shammy, Resto Druid and Holy priest which felt pretty good.

The only fight which seemed to give me some issue was Il'gynoth simply because everyone was all over the place for the tentacles >.>

Talent choices were as follows:
    1. Bestow Faith
    2. Rule of Law
    3. Blinding Light
    4. Aura of Mercy
    5. Holy Prism
    6. Sanctified Wrath
    7. Beacon of the Lightbringer

Hey guy, I've looked thru the last 10 pages or so and haven't seen anything bringing specifics about this.. so ill just ask at the risk of it being redundant.
    I get that crit is the main stat to go for, but i can't seem to find anywhere that specifies if we should get as much crit as possible or get to 30% crit so we have 100% crit with Holy shock during Avenger's Wrath. Is it worth stacking crit like crazy or once i get past 30%, should i start focusing on more mastery heavy pieces and keep my crit ~30-32%?
    Last edited by anzay; 2016-09-22 at 06:40 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    It suffers from a few key problems in raid. First of all the mana cost, on long fights in raids it's a ton of extra mana to dump where just a static beacon doesn't cost anything. The other factor is that the targets chosen are random and you could get people that are at 80% HP vs 30% HP. And the last one is that by the time you Virtue, then get 1-2 casts off it's very likely that at least 1 if not 2 or more of those people have already been topped off by your other healers.

Beacon of the Lightbringer makes our Mastery a lot better, because it basically guarantees people will always be within 20 yards of either you or the tanks, while also buffing Light of Dawn by 30%, and Light of Dawn does a pretty significant amount of healing in itself.

Also: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JRPmQ7x386DZkGTv

Logs for our legendary shoulders if anyone was wondering.
    I'm just curious, and this is in relation to healing range and directly relates to BotL I believe - does taking this talent for raids make Rule of Law a little less desirable?

I'll be honest, I'm a little confused in general about Rule of Law. I see a lot of videos of pallies who have it but never seem to use it, while I am frequently popping it. I feel like I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Adinora View Post
    I'm just curious, and this is in relation to healing range and directly relates to BotL I believe - does taking this talent for raids make Rule of Law a little less desirable?

I'll be honest, I'm a little confused in general about Rule of Law. I see a lot of videos of pallies who have it but never seem to use it, while I am frequently popping it. I feel like I'm missing something.
    There's a few things you can do with RoL like combine it with LoD if people are spread.

I love RoL on fights like Il'gynoth where people are really spread. I also use it on Nythendra when people run with Rot. Basically any situation like that and I find use for RoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    There's a few things you can do with RoL like combine it with LoD if people are spread.

I love RoL on fights like Il'gynoth where people are really spread. I also use it on Nythendra when people run with Rot. Basically any situation like that and I find use for RoL.
    Pretty much this. I was popping RoL on Il'gynoth when everyone would split to go to the corruptor tentacles that spawned in the very corners on either side of the eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anzay View Post
    Hey guy, I've looked thru the last 10 pages or so and haven't seen anything bringing specifics about this.. so ill just ask at the risk of it being redundant.
    I get that crit is the main stat to go for, but i can't seem to find anywhere that specifies if we should get as much crit as possible or get to 30% crit so we have 100% crit with Holy shock during Avenger's Wrath. Is it worth stacking crit like crazy or once i get past 30%, should i start focusing on more mastery heavy pieces and keep my crit ~30-32%?
    After 30% crit is very close (slightly higher) to the values of Mastery and Vers, while Haste still falls way behind. I personally am going to stack crit beyond 30% because our two best Holy Relics from EN are also Holy Shock traits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adinora View Post

They simply just forget to use it. I always it with Tyr's Deliverance to increase it's range since it is limited at 15 yards, and always with Aura Mastery so it extends the reach of my Mastery for my major cooldown. Outside of that I've found uses for it when people walk out of range on bosses and need to reach them, or if I get something on my like Rot for example on Nythendra, I use it so I can still reach melee with heals while increasing my Mastery range so that I'm not losing any healing from running out.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

After 30% crit is very close (slightly higher) to the values of Mastery and Vers, while Haste still falls way behind. I personally am going to stack crit beyond 30% because our two best Holy Relics from EN are also Holy Shock traits.

- - - Updated - - -

They simply just forget to use it. I always it with Tyr's Deliverance to increase it's range since it is limited at 15 yards, and always with Aura Mastery so it extends the reach of my Mastery for my major cooldown. Outside of that I've found uses for it when people walk out of range on bosses and need to reach them, or if I get something on my like Rot for example on Nythendra, I use it so I can still reach melee with heals while increasing my Mastery range so that I'm not losing any healing from running out.

Haste does not fall way behind, the higher your vers/mastery/crit... the higher value haste gets as well.

So, trinkets, is there a good list of what to aim for?

Managed to get the Anti-toxin trinket, and the one that bursts for AOE healing (Mote of Santification) -- both same ilvl. Since I am bad at always using on-use items, is the Anti-toxin haste/dot also good?

For crit values, don't forget that eventually our tier set 2 piece is an additional 15% crit on holy shock, so keep some non-crit stuff on the side for when that comes out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    For crit values, don't forget that eventually our tier set 2 piece is an additional 15% crit on holy shock, so keep some non-crit stuff on the side for when that comes out.
    ?

T19 will be out with Nighthold. Not exactly tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemenia View Post
    ?

T19 will be out with Nighthold. Not exactly tomorrow.
    That's why I said keep some non-crit stuff on the side. I mean 7.1 (and so Nighthold) is on the PTR and they have already done some focused raid testing so probably only a couple months away.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    That's why I said keep some non-crit stuff on the side. I mean 7.1 (and so Nighthold) is on the PTR and they have already done some focused raid testing so probably only a couple months away.
    Nighthold is expected "early" 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedralixx View Post
    Nighthold is expected "early" 2017.
    The exact release date doesn't matter, my point still stands.

So, we managed to get down Cenarius normal last night. This is the first fight in EN where I had to really focus on my positioning to get the most out of my heals.

I ended up BoL'ing the Cenarius tank and following the melee around to ensure that they received my aura + maximizing my mastery (Still sitting @ 33% mastery :'( ) on the add tank.

One hilarious thing happened during our kill, our mage was getting low so I started running toward her to hit her with a Holy Shock. The second she got into my 10yrd Mastery hot-spot she blinked away :'(((. I gave her shit and we both had a laugh.

Here's a quick question: Does Bestow Faith calculate our mastery impact when it's dropped on the target or when it goes off? I'm going to test it tonight but feel it's probably when the heal fires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    Haste does not fall way behind, the higher your vers/mastery/crit... the higher value haste gets as well.
    And the Higher Crit/Vers/Mastery you get the higher the value of Crit/Vers/Mastery.

Thank you, I know how it works. That doesn't change the fact that haste is still behind the other stats, and the other stats come with the added benefit of not making you oom faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgrin View Post
    One hilarious thing happened during our kill, our mage was getting low so I started running toward her to hit her with a Holy Shock. The second she got into my 10yrd Mastery hot-spot she blinked away :'(((. I gave her shit and we both had a laugh.
    You shouldn't be chasing people around the raid to try and get mastery value.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

And the Higher Crit/Vers/Mastery you get the higher the value of Crit/Vers/Mastery.

Thank you, I know how it works. That doesn't change the fact that haste is still behind the other stats, and the other stats come with the added benefit of not making you oom faster.
    Haste works as a catalyst for other stats. The higher the haste, the higher hps you'll do. Higher hps is relative though. One "bomb" holy light of 500k might be wasted or sniped if it requires 2.5 sec to be cast. What makes haste less desirable is that our core heals are shock, lod, beacon and flash.

You shouldn't be chasing people around the raid to try and get mastery value.
    It was 5 yards and I was having some fun. Thank you for your insight as always.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post

Managed to get the Anti-toxin trinket, and the one that bursts for AOE healing (Mote of Santification) -- both same ilvl. Since I am bad at always using on-use items, is the Anti-toxin haste/dot also good?

I found the Mote a little underwhelming - but wow the Anti-toxin trinket looks really cool.
    Last edited by Grimgrin; 2016-09-23 at 04:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post

Iv got most of the trinkets and i have to say the ones that proc randoms abilities (like shields, hots, etc) seem really bad, [Naglfar Fare] seem to be the best out of those, but still like 2.5% healing done in raids. So for sure you want a stats stick as one of your trinkets. Still need to test further to say which of the other ones are good, been playing with [Flask of the Solemn Night] and i liked it, but procs might get wasted. Also [Bottled Hurricane] doing good healing, but takes quite a while to recharge and its hard to start with it being full. I still havent used [Nether Anti-Toxin] in raids... but this might end up being really good since its provides with a small dps boost for the raid. [Horn of Valor] is also a strong pick since its lines up with duration and cd of wings.
    Last edited by mmocd67fc634cb; 2016-09-23 at 05:18 PM.