Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much top regardless. Demo ruled BRF together with 2-3 other lucky specs.

Point still stands and you remember it well, Blizzard is capable of insane balance swings literally in a hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Because, Artifacts they simply aren't going to allow that to happen. And we all know what happened to Demo six months later.
    Your 2nd artifact is never more than a few traits away from your first if you want it to be. The ramp up is ridiculous and basically requires knowledge in order to realistically get over the humps without ludicrously impossible amounts of grinding ap.

Artifacts really don't prevent them from doing any of the things they did in the past. That's exactly the reason why players playing pures in top guilds have banks full of ap tokens waiting for this balance pass to go out.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Pretty much top regardless. Demo ruled BRF together with 2-3 other lucky specs.

iirc mainly because demo had massive aoe and the tier armour gave you a triple hand of gul'dan

After all, they let the "oops, we didn;t think of the way the tier armour and trinket work with the new demo" through in prepatch

But of course, that got nerfed within days, just like affliction got nerfed

Others were almost as op as demo, untouched

/tinfoil hat

I feel like this http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...ifact-weapons/ post is coming at an awfully convenient time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    iirc mainly because demo had massive aoe and the tier armour gave you a triple hand of gul'dan
    That and don't forget Demonbolt. Cast 3-4 Demonbolts with procs lined up and you're far ahead of anyone else in the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    /tinfoil hat

I feel like this http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...ifact-weapons/ post is coming at an awfully convenient time.
    Haha... makes sense.

In before the nerfs.

Deleted
    /tinfoil hat

You don;t need to wear a tinfoil hat to realise that a commercial company reliant on game subs will pander to the classes played by lots of people at the expense of the ones played by a few

Warlocks? Less than 3% of players. Five times as many people play our direct "competitors" i.e. mages and hunters. More than five times as many play demon hunters alone.

It makes no sense to put time and resource into pleasing 3% when you can spend it on 15%. Particularly if this involves buffing warlocks and suddenly they start pushing mages off the top spots, you get more unhappy players than you do by leaving locks where they are

It;s like politics, politicians always pander to the ones who vote at the expense of the ones who don't. It just feels like the lock class has fallen into neglect.

- - - Updated - - -

/tinfoil hat

Yah, and they totally never said they are reluctant to disrupt the "hierachy of specs" because it would make people feel they invested in the "wrong" spec. They totally never said they would tend to leave top performing specs as top performers and at most would tone them down because of that.

In any case, if you're a fire mage or MM hunter, you don;t need to swap specs you perform just fine. Hell, they can get away with running all-rounder talent builds whereas locks have to carry a mile high stack of tomes and tit around swapping every two minutes if they want to perform half decent, because the lock talents are so damn binary and being good in one niche involves being bad in another.

Affliction, for example, go AOE and you already poor ST takes a huge hit.

Why would they balance before raids? They balanced for the end-game to being with which means raids. So there is no way to tell performance on the bosses until we've been in action for a while. They'll balance in 7.1 if necessary.

Neb, you just quoted me twice and posted two completely different messages to the same quote, you ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Why would they balance before raids? They balanced for the end-game to being with which means raids. So there is no way to tell performance on the bosses until we've been in action for a while. They'll balance in 7.1 if necessary.
    Yeah, u re right, nobody knew this stuff will happen. I think that they shouldn`t balance in 7.1 neither, they should wait at least to the 8.03 patch to fix the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Haha... makes sense.

In before the nerfs.
    Le shuffle begins. They are not prepared.

As a DPS-only class, along with Hunter, Mage and Rogue, ONE of our specs SHOULD BE in the top 5 dps across all classes. If not, something is wrong. I'm hopeful this will be true when they tweak next week.

Deleted
    /tinfoil hat

I feel like this *link* post is coming at an awfully convenient time.
    I was thinking the same when I read that. I'm not expecting anything to change until the reset in two weeks at least though, I doubt Blizzard will want to upset the world first race.

And yeah, it's really not that big a deal having to switch spec. The only people who are hardcore enough for it to be more than a few days to a week behind are the ones hardcore enough to grind it out anyway. The world quests are such a good source of off spec relics that my ilvls aren't even that different even though I've been almost exclusively playing destruction.

I'd also add that there's a big difference between buffing and nerfing in this regard. If you nerf the best spec of a class to be the worst then it's understandable people will be angry, however if for examples sake they keep destruction the same but buff affliction so it's now above destruction there wouldn't be as much uproar, and any that there is would be drowned out by the thanks. The worst you'd get is people saying destruction needs some love as well.
    Last edited by mmocca694fa5de; 2016-09-22 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    Because there's more in the game than raids?

Because affliction won;t be magically better single target on a raid boss than it is on a Mythic dungeon one? Because Demon Hunters won;t be any less stupidly overpowered particularly in aoe than they are already?

Because at th emoment the game has some glaring, massive imbalances - in the Q&A they said they'd hoped to do some tweaks pre-raid. Then it's no, we don;t have enough data, but we'll rebalance and nerf some outliers. That hasn;t happened either. How many weeks will they need, or will it turn into terribly sorry, we don;t want to mess with anything until 7.1?

GL getting an invite to Mythic+ modes as a warlock, particularly lord help you you're not destruction

Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    I was thinking the same when I read that. I'm not expecting anything to change until the reset in two weeks at least though, I doubt Blizzard will want to upset the world first race.
    I'm hoping it'll happen near the end of this week, that post makes me think that more probable as well since it screams of damage control.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened a week or two into mythics though, which may or may not be enough time for the w1 race to conclude. Pretty sure it went down something like that in highmaul.

Demo locks were doing pretty well this week. Not sure what the issue is at this point. Feel like people are just complaining as a meme. Feedback given, either reroll or do the best you can. It's not nearly as bad as people make it sound
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Demo locks were doing pretty well this week. Not sure what the issue is at this point. Feel like people are just complaining as a meme. Feedback given, either reroll or do the best you can. It's not nearly as bad as people make it sound
    Demos are fucking garbage m8. Most of the top-warlocks all have certain legendaries, which gives them a slight boost right now
    basically any class with equal skill and gear beats them with ease
    Last edited by mmocf7e4d66c72; 2016-09-22 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Demos are fucking garbage m8. Most of the top-warlocks all have certain legendaries, which gives them a slight boost right now
    basically any class with equal skill and gear beats them with ease
    True. Even good warlock players with legendaries, really good gear with great stats and ilvl 856+ can't match other good players with a better class.

NoobistTV-Metro is either a troll or living behind the moon if he thinks warlocks (no matter the specc) are competitive.

So they need raids to realise that affliction golden traits are total useless garbage? And they maybe fix it in 7.1 in 2017? Nice point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Look at the raid progressions for the top guilds and see how many warlocks there were, and how many of them were demonology. Some of the top guilds have no, I mean, zero, locks even though they have three hunters, three mages and three demon hunters

Demonology has dreadful mechanics, it has good hypothetical single target damage so long as you're a motionless turret played by a computer that neve rmakes the slightest mistake. The players in the top guilds are good enough to do that, but there's no point, they can get more out of playing a different class and even they will take an easier to play class to progression if it's not a dps loss because it gives them more concentration on a new encounter.

It's even worse in the average and casual guilds. Most players just don;t have the skill to max a demolock in a new boss encounter, and demo has rubbish tools particularly compared to destruction anyway.

The safest bet is to just not play a warlock, and if you really want to, play destruction.

Ironically, demonology is great for the Withered scenario, mostly because it has two stuns lol

There's a really good reason why the warlock playerbase has shrunk to the smallest in the entire game, the second least popular class is Monk...and twice as many people play monks as warlocks lololol