Potion of Deadly Grace or Old War?

I've been looking at logs to prepare for my raid on friday night to see whats been working for the DH's that raid before I do most of them i see using Deadly Grace potion which is the one i thought was for ranged, is that one better to use over old war for demon hunters?

Deleted
    I was using Deadly Grace for a few pulls and then swapped to Old War. Old War was pulling higher numbers, so I kept using them.
    It contributed about 5-7% of my overall damage, while Deadly Grace was anywhere from 1-5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguez101 View Post
    I've been looking at logs to prepare for my raid on friday night to see whats been working for the DH's that raid before I do most of them i see using Deadly Grace potion which is the one i thought was for ranged, is that one better to use over old war for demon hunters?
    Old War was bugged up until yesterday (it didn't proc as it should), but it got hotfixed (on the 22, I think). It should be the best now.

Old War is the melee potion, go for it.

has anyone tested if Old War is still bugged? they said it's fixed, but with blizz's history of "fixes" in the last weeks, i'd rather have some feedback from tests then some lines in blue

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    has anyone tested if Old War is still bugged? they said it's fixed, but with blizz's history of "fixes" in the last weeks, i'd rather have some feedback from tests then some lines in blue
    It's fixed

Quote Originally Posted by randomcharacters View Post
    I was using Deadly Grace for a few pulls and then swapped to Old War. Old War was pulling higher numbers, so I kept using them.
    It contributed about 5-7% of my overall damage, while Deadly Grace was anywhere from 1-5%.
    Doesn't Deadly Grace last longer if you stay away from the enemy target? Seems like Old War would be better for melee in general since melee can't get the most out of Deadly Grace, unless Deadly Grace just dealt that much more damage (which it doesn't seem to based on your numbers).
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Old war doing at least twice damage at least for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Doesn't Deadly Grace last longer if you stay away from the enemy target? Seems like Old War would be better for melee in general since melee can't get the most out of Deadly Grace, unless Deadly Grace just dealt that much more damage (which it doesn't seem to based on your numbers).
    Many people were reporting Old War to be buggy/downright unusable and mentioning Deadly Grace as a suitable replacement. However, Old War was fixed before our first raid, but I still had to check.