Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    "a lame excuse for the state Elemental Shamans" thats just plain wrong! Do you get that movement doesnt take our damage output in fights, we just have low damage output.
    We have

a) lower damage output than most classes while we can stand still and cast
    b) lower damage output than most classes during movement

That's two different types of disadvantages, not only one. And b) can't really be solved by only buffing numbers that would make a) better.

Last edited by darkest4; 2016-09-23 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    Elemental definitively needs a huge damage boost.

Other than that I already disliked the system since Cataclysm with building up a huge earth shock. I wonder why it is still the same? Didn't they change nothing in 6 years for elemental shamans?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    We have

a) lower damage output than most classes while we can stand still and cast
    b) lower damage output than most classes during movement

That's two different types of disadvantages, not only one. And b) can't really be solved by only buffing numbers that would make a) better.
    I made one sentence from your two points. If you want Elemental Shaman to be Fire Mage or Balance Druid then you should go play Fire Mage or Balance Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by darkest4 View Post
    Nerf Fire Ele significantly so they're not so CD reliant, instead buff Lightning Bolt damage and let it be castable while moving, slightly buff other damage spells damage. GG.
    Ele CD's and Fire spells are not too strong. There are quite a few classes that can keep up with our burst.

I made one sentence from your two points. If you want Elemental Shaman to be Fire Mage or Balance Druid then you should go play Fire Mage or Balance Druid.

Ele CD's and Fire spells are not too strong. There are quite a few classes that can keep up with our burst.
    since you said people should reroll a different class. exactly what is it we should expect from elemental shaman? casting lightning bolts on mobs is depressing, and i'm not entirely sure what we do better than other caster specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    Elemental definitively needs a huge damage boost.

Other than that I already disliked the system since Cataclysm with building up a huge earth shock.
    It's not even that huge (okay, for Ele it's the strongest damage attack but compared to any other spender it's dealing quite underwhelming damage). That's the joke.

Deleted
    It's not even that huge (okay, for Ele it's the strongest damage attack but compared to any other spender it's dealing quite underwhelming damage). That's the joke.
    To be honest I don't know how much damage it does since I haven't played elemental since Cataclysm. Pre LEGION I thought about going shaman, but then I looked at the talents and realized Blizzard hasn't done shit for elemental and it is still the same it was 6 ears ago

As a non-shaman player I can objectively say that elemental shaman is the class that deserves a buff the most by far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    since you said people should reroll a different class. exactly what is it we should expect from elemental shaman? casting lightning bolts on mobs is depressing, and i'm not entirely sure what we do better than other caster specs.
    We use mail, that's about it.

I don't want to be a Fire Mage or a Balance Druid but I want to be on par with them.

So, a Windwalker can keep up with our burst. A Moonkin can, too. A Fire Mage can as well. And many other Ranged DPS can. If you're talking about the burst we have during every cooldown we can activate yes, we're amazing. But that's only 20 seconds out ~ 3 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest I don't know how much damage it does since I haven't played elemental since Cataclysm. Pre LEGION I thought about going shaman, but then I looked at the talents and realized Blizzard hasn't done shit for elemental and it is still the same it was 6 ears ago

As a non-shaman player I can objectively say that elemental shaman is the class that deserves a buff the most by far.
    Just a quick comparison:

On my Moonkin with ILVL 819 the 40 ressource spender Starsurge crits for 400k. On my Shaman with ILVL 841 the 100 ressource spender Earth Shock crits for ~ 650k. So for 200 ressources my Druid gets finishers for 2 million damage while my Shaman gets only 1.3 million (and my Druid's got 20 item levels less than my Shaman).

I'm 851 and my earth shock can do 270k damage or around 740k+ damage (from the few logs I have and I played shitly, the biggest I have done in raid for now is 840k), for a spell that take 7/10 spell to build its not that huge considering lightning bolt outside of stormkeeper is hiting like a wet noodle.
    Last edited by Sylfaine; 2016-09-23 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    Im saying that he shouldnt expect Elemental Shaman to suddenly become Fire Mage. What we should expect and ASK from Blizzard is two main things:
    1) To buff our current tools, so class becomes viable NOW.
    2) By 7.1 to remake our useless talents (thats like half of them) so class becomes more versatile and gets more depth (Storm spells?Water spells?Ice spells? Earth spells?). Is Ancestral Swiftness really the best idea that Blizzard had for a class that controls all the elements?

What Im trying to say is be realistic. If you want them to remove Earthquake Totem, add Eye Beam and change Gust of Wind to double jump/glide mechanic then you should probbably play Demon Hunter OR remake Earth Shock and Frost Shock to dots tha generates us procs that are used to generate Maelstrom which is used to unleash "Full Element" then you should probbably play Balance Druid.

I don't want to be a Fire Mage or a Balance Druid but I want to be on par with them.

So, a Windwalker can keep up with our burst. A Moonkin can, too. A Fire Mage can as well. And many other Ranged DPS can. If you're talking about the burst we have during every cooldown we can activate yes, we're amazing. But that's only 20 seconds out ~ 3 minutes.
    I see, so you want to play Elemental but Elemental should be made into Boomkin and this should be done over the weekend. I wont even comment second part because you didnt read the comment i answered to.
    Last edited by Lenis; 2016-09-23 at 12:18 PM.

I see, so you want to play Elemental but Elemental should be made into Boomkin and this should be done over the weekend. I wont even comment second part because you didnt read the comment i answered to.
    Is it that difficult to understand? No, I don't want to be made into a Boomkin. I want to be made into a spec that's ONCE in a lifetime better than just underwhelming or mediocre.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaine View Post
    I'm 851 and my earth shock can do 270k damage or around 740k+ damage (from the few logs I have and I played shitly, the biggest I have done in raid for now is 840k), for a spell that take 7/10 spell to build its not that huge considering lightning bolt outside of stormkeeper is hiting like a wet noodle.
    And even 800k is too low for a skill that needs so much ramp up time. It should be at least 30% more damage.

Is it that difficult to understand? No, I don't want to be made into a Boomkin. I want to be made into a spec that's ONCE in a lifetime better than just underwhelming or mediocre.
    Thats exactly what Im asking - overall damage buff.

I feel nowhere near competent to talk here, and I'm only using Ele for outdoor content, but here goes my thought anyways:
    - Flame shock should not cost Maelstrom (but it could still consider your current MS when it gets applied on the target).
    It's really annoying to spend MS on flamshocking adds, giving them 10 minutes FS debuff, and then they die in 5-10 sec. And ofc Lava Surge proc comes from FS, plus you can only crit LavaBurst targets that have FS, so this trap 22 is really annoying, and I haven't even mentioned EQ.

- Earthquake should cost less MS/have cd/free when it hits 3+ target, I don't know but something. OMG how annoying is to try to accumulate enough MS (outside Asc) to cast a damn EQ, then ofc I need to FS the adds, that spends my MS, that means no EQ. By the time I place my EQ everything is dead, and I'm stil not finished with setting it up.
    The whole thing feels like a trap 22, if I FS adds I lose (never gonna generate enough MS to cast a damn EQ), if I don't, no Lava Surge proc, I lose.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-09-23 at 01:00 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

And even 800k is too low for a skill that needs so much ramp up time. It should be at least 30% more damage.
    I have to agree, I don't hask for fullmoon damage from the boomkin but something like a 1m/1.1m with my stuff doesnt seem to much.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick comparison:

On my Moonkin with ILVL 819 the 40 ressource spender Starsurge crits for 400k. On my Shaman with ILVL 841 the 100 ressource spender Earth Shock crits for ~ 650k. So for 200 ressources my Druid gets finishers for 2 million damage while my Shaman gets only 1.3 million (and my Druid's got 20 item levels less than my Shaman).
    you mean 20 seconds out of 6 minutes?

Deleted
    I have lost all faith that the dev team can fix elemental. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but expansion after expansion, it becomes more apparent that they either don't care about elemental, or they have absolutely no idea what they're doing, when it comes to this spec.

At least, until Legion, we were good at specific niche things. Now, we're good at what? Being forced to use all our cooldowns to keep up with everyone else's normal rotations?

One can only hope the "tuning pass" next week will help a little bit. Realistically, they'll probably just give us a 5% buff to Lightning Bolt and call it a day.
    Last edited by mmocc521106ee3; 2016-09-23 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaine View Post
    I have to agree, I don't hask for fullmoon damage from the boomkin but something like a 1m/1.1m with my stuff doesnt seem to much.
    Full Moon damage wouldn't be too much at all. Earth Shock with 100 MS needs so long to get build up and hits like a wet noodle without being AoE or cleave. Full Moon hits like a truck and only has a 45sec CD.

One Full Moon does twice the damage of 3 Stormkeeper LBs or CLs. So it's basically Stormkeeper with a ~ 25sec CD for Moonkins.

Fair enough haha !

Deleted
    I has a sad

Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-09-23 at 05:12 PM.