I took sweeping strikes for Xavius, for killing the add it makes life easier and if you can get good positioning you can cheese it to no end (so it absolutely will be the best talent). On a typical progression kill though not sure how convincing it is, you sacrifice your single target for it but it seemed worthwhile to me, those 2.5mil MS crits and all.

Need more pulls on the boss to figure it out, but I guess I will be sticking with SS, logs are not that loyal because you don't know the level of cheese going on. Someone else cheesing with a strategy you're not using isn't helpful data.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-09-23 at 01:20 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    99% percentile is tricky.

With the current state of FR!Arms it's less about personal skill and a lot more about Legendaries RNG (Hands/Legs) and Tactician RNG.
    Imagine a spec that deals 250k dps 95 times out of 100 and 500k dps 5 times out of 100. If you can imagine that then you got the gist of it.

The point is not to devalue top parsers - with all stars aligned FR!Arms has the best potential but not necessarily the best average.
    Wouldn't the Hands/Ring be BiS for legendaries? The Legs don't give us the Shattered Defenses buff.

With the current state of FR!Arms it's less about personal skill and a lot more about Legendaries RNG (Hands/Legs) and Tactician RNG.
    Imagine a spec that deals 250k dps 95 times out of 100 and 500k dps 5 times out of 100. If you can imagine that then you got the gist of it.

The point is not to devalue top parsers - with all stars aligned FR!Arms has the best potential but not necessarily the best average.
    this guy gets it. While you heavyly rely on RNG (same goes for sub) Ferals, mages and even DHs will be doing the same damage in all tries from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    this guy gets it. While you heavyly rely on RNG (same goes for sub) Ferals, mages and even DHs will be doing the same damage in all tries from start to finish.
    On our HC Xavius kill I went from

1. Not visible on meters
    2. Competing for top
    3. Fade away.

Was a 7min kill, the range of emotions was broad let me tell you. You can reach crazy heights with RNG and equally RNG can tank you into the ground. People are quick to post those rank 1s with legendary items and/or legendary RNG but avoid in inconvenient average where Arms are performing averagely well due to not favourable RNG. Tactition can really just fuck you over and more often than not that is what happened to me this week, I almost had a glory run on Xavius but we wiped and the next pull it was back to yoyoing around on the meters and the boss died (undertuned i think).

Meanwhile DH's just wreck face on everything, unbelievable multi target whilst also having great (consistently great) single target. My guild is keen on the idea of me playing Outlaw, but lets see what next week brings with balancing first.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-09-23 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

1. Not visible on meters
    2. Competing for top
    3. Fade away.

Was a 7min kill, the range of emotions was broad let me tell you. You can reach crazy heights with RNG and equally RNG can tank you into the ground. People are quick to post those rank 1s with legendary items and/or legendary RNG but avoid in inconvenient average where Arms are performing averagely well due to not favourable RNG. Tactition can really just fuck you over and more often than not that is what happened to me this week, I almost had a glory run on Xavius but we wiped and the next pull it was back to yoyoing around on the meters and the boss died (undertuned i think).

Meanwhile DH's just wreck face on everything, unbelievable multi target whilst also having great (consistently great) single target. My guild is keen on the idea of me playing Outlaw, but lets see what next week brings with balancing first.
    What's your Tactician at? ....

Out of the runs I've had yesterday, maybe like 2-3 of them I had very bad RNG. I'm sitting at 50% Tactician, with no Sweeping Strikes and I'm competing well enough or going beyond my teammates. Do note they are like 0.5% in overall DPS on current boss fights, that's how we're competing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    What's your Tactician at? ....

Out of the runs I've had yesterday, maybe like 2-3 of them I had very bad RNG. I'm sitting at 50% Tactician, with no Sweeping Strikes and I'm competing well enough or going beyond my teammates. Do note they are like 0.5% in overall DPS on current boss fights, that's how we're competing.
    I'm only on 40% atm.

850 - Cleave relic (ughhh)
    840 - Exploit Weakness (thankyou world quest)
    860 - Deathblow - From mythic dungeon, replaced my 825 exploit weakness before yesterdays raid.

Just unlucky though to be honest since way less effort on my Rogue has yielded much more gear, I'm undergeared as a result (lowest ilvl in raid). But what annoys me are the swings, it honestly feels out of my control whether I'm competing for top or just mid pack. I'm used to being super competitive, so to be honest this last week has been a bit demoralising, losing my mind over not getting tactition proccing or just constantly non critting with my 3 stack MS's outside of BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    So you think the game shouldn't be balanced simply because you're doing well, and that balance is only something that should happen when doing poorly? That's some one-sided logic.
    Not my words, master.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelato View Post
    I think most people here are just afraid that Blizzard will overdo the nerfs which they often have. Personally I don't trust Blizzard to be capable to do a proper balancing.
    This x 100. And it's nothing to my view of class balance because every player and his mother will say that they are die hard balance supporter. And we all know that balance simply never was and never will be, it's not a chess. So from time to time I want to be in top 3, even number one (as spec), not in the middle or at the bottom of rankings. Blizzard will not allow us to be on the top but why should I support their nerfing us decisions? Whenever mages or rogues or other classes took care of balance because they were overpowered? Only warriors are so dumb and proud.

Can someone post a macro to use during BC?

I'm only on 40% atm.

850 - Cleave relic (ughhh)
    840 - Exploit Weakness (thankyou world quest)
    860 - Deathblow - From mythic dungeon, replaced my 825 exploit weakness before yesterdays raid.

Just unlucky though to be honest since way less effort on my Rogue has yielded much more gear, I'm undergeared as a result (lowest ilvl in raid). But what annoys me are the swings, it honestly feels out of my control whether I'm competing for top or just mid pack. I'm used to being super competitive, so to be honest this last week has been a bit demoralising, losing my mind over not getting tactition proccing or just constantly non critting with my 3 stack MS's outside of BC.
    I honestly don't want to go back to 40% Tactician, so I'm opt'ing to run the Mythic + dungeons on Eye and await something lucky to hit me and upgrade my relics and keep Tactician. 40% is not a noticeable change but at 50% it's very noticeable.

1. Not visible on meters
    2. Competing for top
    3. Fade away.

This is exactly why I don't want to play Arms and most people too. RNG can make your life hell, it makes your whole rotation boring and your numbers dive. Sadly the spec is based upon this CS proc bullshit so it'll never get fixed.

Deleted
    They will overdo the nerfs, 100%. If they nerf us, they will nerf us too hard. Thats why I level'd up my Fury weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykir View Post
    They will overdo the nerfs, 100%. If they nerf us, they will nerf us too hard. Thats why I level'd up my Fury weapon.
    I'm afraid they'll either overnerf or vastly undernerf specs to keep their words about spec hierarchy not moving around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    I'm afraid they'll either overnerf or vastly undernerf specs to keep their words about spec hierarchy not moving around.
    better undernerf than overnerf, all that work for nothing would kill the motivation of many of my guildmates. and I dont like the idea too tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Try binding to mouse wheel
    I do, it still doesn't make it tolerable for me.

And the tactician RNG is really making me question my decision to swap mains. My previous main had very little RNG and was quite stable from pull to pull. I knew that if I executed better I would see the result in damage output. With arms though, that is definitely not the case. Our first pull on Ursoc I misjudged the radius of his charge and got hit a second time and died. I took about 10 seconds for a rez to go out, but because I had crazy tactician luck on that pull my output beat that for our kill when I played perfectly but consistently went ~15 seconds with no tactician procs. That alone makes me want to stop playing this spec.
    Last edited by Hoeth; 2016-09-23 at 03:07 PM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    So I'm using the CS>MS>FR>Slam/HS priority and just a quick question about my macros;

When CS and MS are on CD, I use my Hamstring and Focused Rage macro - unless I use Battlecry then I use my Slam and Focused Rage (Should I add hamstring too?) macro.
    You don't want to macro slam into this. Slam is on the GCD - so if you get a tactician proc towards the end of your BC window, you can screw yourself out of a lot of damage if being GCD locked from slam prevents you from getting that last MS off.

Macro FR and hamstring. Press slam or whatever else manually.

I feel like many people disregard this factor when talking about arms.

The 90th+ percentile will show exaggerated numbers, yes, but this is fully reliant on perfect RNG streaks and ideally timed procs - both of which are out of your control. These numbers don't properly portray the average performance of FR arms.

IMO nerfing focused rage without smoothing out the RNG swings is just going to end up sending the spec into an unrecoverable downward spiral.
    Last edited by noctred; 2016-09-23 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGod View Post
    Only warriors are so dumb and proud.
    indeed. Not in any other place there have been more call for nerfs then this very thread. Meanwhile we've seen whole tiers of domination from other classes by a huge margin. Do you know what is gonna happen when FR eventually nerfed? We will all share the lower-buttom with the trauma+OpS enthusiasts. And it will stay like that. I'm sure lot of you've been playing this game long enough to know deep down that will be the case. But it would be great to be proven wrong in this expension at least.

I'm only on 40% atm.
    Literally unplayable for me I exchanged all my better relics for low ass fuck tacticians
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGod View Post
    And it's nothing to my view of class balance because every player and his mother will say that they are die hard balance supporter. And we all know that balance simply never was and never will be, it's not a chess. So from time to time I want to be in top 3, even number one (as spec), not in the middle or at the bottom of rankings.
    Certainly agree. In a perfect world balance might be great but it will never be achieved and for the time being you either can be the class dealing great single target damage while having a doghsit toolkit and dogshit aoe or deal mediocre singletarget while still having doghsit aoe and a dogshit toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by noctred View Post
    You don't want to macro slam into this. Slam is on the GCD - so if you get a tactician proc towards the end of your BC window, you can screw yourself out of a lot of damage if being GCD locked from slam prevents you from getting that last MS off.

Macro FR and hamstring. Press slam or whatever else manually.
    Ahhh, okay. So I should be doing CS>MS>FR>Slam then BC: CS>MS>FR+HS?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Paszo View Post
    Can someone post a macro to use during BC?

/cast Focused Rage
    /cast Hamstring

I'm curious about how some of you are preparing for Battle Cry coming off of CD. What I've been doing is holding Avatar and even MS for ~1s if Battle Cry will be available to guarantee a crit. Usually I have 3 FR stacks, but seldom do I have CS / Warbreaker available.