10+ Year Old Account

Question Boomkin stacking in Cata?

I seem to remember something about a guild stacking nothing but boomkin as dps during one of the world first races during cata, but can't seem to find any mention of this now. Does anyone remember what the deal was with this?

I only remember top guilds stacking DKs because the DK ghoul rez thing was broken

Paragon stacked ferals for Nefarian back in Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Paragon stacked ferals for Nefarian back in Cata
    MC bleed was OP
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Cata was a horrendous expansion as far as stacking in general but I don't remember Boomkins.

The worst Mages you've ever known were getting invites to the best guilds on the planet because of Tarecgosa and Spine DPS requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Cata was a horrendous expansion as far as stacking in general but I don't remember Boomkins.

The worst Mages you've ever known were getting invites to the best guilds on the planet because of Tarecgosa and Spine DPS requirements.
    Yea man, guilds would always give the worst mages the first legendary staffs :^)

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Yea man, guilds would always give the worst mages the first legendary staffs :^)
    Well when one caster from every guild ever is working towards getting it in each raid...yea. Some really terrible people got called up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dezminion was right, it was feral stacking, just remembered it incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Well when one caster from every guild ever is working towards getting it in each raid...yea. Some really terrible people got called up.
    If top guilds were working on spine, casual guilds had maybe 2-3 staffs total, i really doubt they would give them to bads. No one even knew arcane mages were OP with it until top guilds got stuck there.

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    If top guilds were working on spine, casual guilds had maybe 2-3 staffs total, i really doubt they would give them to bads. No one even knew arcane mages were OP with it until top guilds got stuck there.
    Spin it however you want. People that didn't belong in server first guilds got poached in to them because of the stacking requirement of Spine. That's the reality.

Can someone provide the lore on spine and mages? I wasn't raiding during that time

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Can someone provide the lore on spine and mages? I wasn't raiding during that time
    caster legendary weapon would duplicate your spells, arcane mages being how they always are had insane burst with cds and 4 stack of AB. Spine had a mechanic where you needed to burst an add in like 20 seconds, if you didnt then you had to do the mechanics all over again, making the boss even harder

Quote Originally Posted by Feesh View Post
    Dezminion was right, it was feral stacking, just remembered it incorrectly.
    you might've mis-remembered because after the killing it, took their kill screenshot with them all in moonkin form as a joke after killing nef with like 20 ferals pre-nerf

Paragon used more than the usual number of moonkin on Ragnaros as well for shrooms and typhoons for their intermission phase strategy (which eventually became the default strat). I don't know if I'd call it stacking but it was definitely more than the usual number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    you might've mis-remembered because after the killing it, took their kill screenshot with them all in moonkin form as a joke after killing nef with like 20 ferals pre-nerf

Yep, this fully explains it, was talking about it with someone the other day and thought it had been boomkin because of this screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Feesh View Post

Yep, this fully explains it, was talking about it with someone the other day and thought it had been boomkin because of this screenshot.
    this is gold