Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    i've been going: rush > glaives~foti*/bite~torrent > retreat > meta > whack whack whack whack

eye beam just doesn't fit into the opening nicely. i feel better using it after meta is off or saving it for some adds. *similar with foti..
    Sure, that works if you have adds, but if it's a boss without adds/adds come in more than a minute, it's a dps loss not to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Sure, that works if you have adds, but if it's a boss without adds/adds come in more than a minute, it's a dps loss not to use them.
    hence why i do use foti if there are no adds within the first minute.

if eye beam is worth using during / before meta, how do you open?

pre-potting old war and bloodlust on pull has me thinking about changing things up anyway~ i'm all ears

Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    losing a ton of dps by using that TG before momentum.
    As I mentioned in a later post, I do not like the play-style of Momentum so I did not take that Talent. Therefore it is a DPS increase for me to put Bloodlet's bleed up before anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNight at MMOC View Post
    As I mentioned in a later post, I do not like the play-style of Momentum so I did not take that Talent. Therefore it is a DPS increase for me to put Bloodlet's bleed up before anything else.
    While you should play the spec you like and your raid group is happy with your numbers, that's cool. However, what I think what most readers of this thread understand by proper opening is the one that performs best, which is momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalos View Post
    While you should play the spec you like and your raid group is happy with your numbers, that's cool. However, what I think what most readers of this thread understand by proper opening is the one that performs best, which is momentum.
    I still top the meters without it, even against other Demon Hunters of higher ilvl that take Momentum.

I still top the meters without it, even against other Demon Hunters of higher ilvl that take Momentum.
    Anecdotal evidence is not a proper measurement. The players you beat on meters may not have been playing correctly, or had unlucky procs, et cetera.

Like I said, play what you want. As the exceptional player you are, you will pull ahead regardless of your spec. But there is no discussion or ambiguity about which spec has the highest potential, and spreading confusion doesn't help anyone.

Gonna stop replying here because this thread doesn't need more derailing.

Edit: By confusion, I mean recommending an opener without specifying that it is used with a sub-optimal build when asked for an optimal opener.
    Last edited by Avalos; 2016-09-24 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalos View Post
    But there is no discussion or ambiguity about which spec has the highest potential, and spreading confusion doesn't help anyone.
    Where am I spreading confusion? I have never said that Momentum is a sub-optimal choice, in fact I said that my Talent choice in place of Momentum was sub-optimal but it still works fine (in another thread, not this one).
    Last edited by RedNight at MMOC; 2016-09-24 at 05:00 AM.

Where am I spreading confusion? I have never said that Momentum is a sub-optimal choice, in fact I said that my Talent choice in place of Momentum was sub-optimal but it still works fine (in another thread, not this one).
    Most likely referring to the fact you didn't say you don't take Momentum, so readers assume you use the talent as that is the superior one. Your opener doesn't really apply as pretty much everyone else will take Momentum as it's the best talent to take.

I'm working on my opener myself, and I read your post as if you used Momentum. So that's where the problem lies.