10+ Year Old Account

Advice on Il'gynoth (Enh)

Hey all,
    Anyone have any advice for the tree fight in EN? I switched to feral lunge for more uptime, but the fight as a whole seems to be a hard-counter to enhancement shaman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

this fight is a nightmare as enhancement shaman in my experience. A lot of running around and AoE'ing blobs. Probably my worst performance on enhancement (I switch between resto and enhance as needed by raid) was in this tree boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    this fight is a nightmare as enhancement shaman in my experience. A lot of running around and AoE'ing blobs. Probably my worst performance on enhancement (I switch between resto and enhance as needed by raid) was in this tree boss.
    So it's not just me. That makes me feel better. The downtime because of blood explosions was super frustrating

What on earth are you guys on about? You don't run around AoEing. Targeted players stand in front of the eye, groups AoEs, groups runs out of purple explosion. It's no more or less punishing for enhance than other melee or casters who can all be targeted by blobs.

And don't you have instant cast ghost wolf to reach far off adds like corruptors if the group is light on ranged? I've been the only ranged on that fight - melee had no issues. Every class has some sort of moment talent or ability.

The fight is all about proper add management and kill order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    What on earth are you guys on about? You don't run around AoEing. Targeted players stand in front of the eye, groups AoEs, groups runs out of purple explosion.
    We never had blobs all go off at once, it was about 5-10 seconds from first explosion to last.

Just didn't enjoy due to all the downtime moving from add to add

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    We never had blobs all go off at once, it was about 5-10 seconds from first explosion to last.

Just didn't enjoy due to all the downtime moving from add to add

Might be a few stragglers but with AoE being so strong now they should all go down at roughly the same time. Will one shot anyone standing in it of course but it's hard to miss. Horrors and corruptors are the top priority - due to the corruptors the fight does favor ranged but we managed with myself being the only one. Main thing is just getting the adds down quickly, interrupts and running out of the room in time.

There's almost always something alive and within a few yards to attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally melee shouldn't be on blob-nuking duty. Your job is to stick to priority tentacles/horrors, which are nearly always up at the same time. Make sure to interrupt Deathglares, nuke down Corruptors, etc. Apart from that the fight is pretty dull as a melee, you mostly stand around waiting. We don't even get targeted by Spew.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    yep same for me. i usually am somewhere near the top but that fight i even had a tank beating me in damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vhok View Post
    yep same for me. i usually am somewhere near the top but that fight i even had a tank beating me in damage
    If you're looking at overall dps on that fight and comparing you're doing it wrong. Look at priority DPS on tentacles, you should be in the top few there, and no tank should be beating you.