Thread: Shadow Nerfs

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinie View Post
    Well atleast they fixed our AOE.

- - - Updated - - -

On short fights yes, on a 8/10 minute fight, one STM will not be enough to make up for the absolute crap damage the rest of the fight.
    They didn't really fix our aoe.
    I'll laugh when the 50% Mind Sear buff proves worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    0 *1.5 is still 0.

Pretty sure that Holy Nova will still do more aoe dps then the buffed mind sear.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    I was being sarcastic :P

Deleted
    Surrender to Madness was a mistake.

Now literally every aspect of the specialization is tuned around one broken talent.
    I'm a semi-casual scrub who sets his foot in to raiding now and then but if I was a full blown casual OR hardcore Mythic raider, I would be mad as hell.
    Talent which was obviously made for one niche only has become the Holy Cow which musn't be touched or compromised in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    Surrender to Madness was a mistake.

Now literally every aspect of the specialization is tuned around one broken talent.
    This, I mean I never disliked the talent.. It's just that it's too good to pass up, much like Twist of Fate. No talent should be so good that it's considered mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    No, it wasn't.
    The hysteria stacks keep going after you reach 100 Insanity stacks (at least they did).
    No they didnt, at least since 4rd day after legion lauch.
    I tested it back then with the vial from the shadowaltar.

And tbh, i am okay with a MH nerf, but not without any compensation like buffing the other 100talents or smth like that.

You can say shadow priest were a little too insane and got too close to the sun.

- - - Updated - - -

You can say shadow priest were a little too insane and got too close to the sun. Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    How can they honestly say:

While gutting Shadow, buffing Arcane, Frost, Balance, Afflic, Destro, Demonology and leaving Fire and Feral as is?

This patch is literally buffs to everyone except nerfs to Shadow.

It's abundantly clear that shadow is the wrong choice.
    Even after the nerfs to shadow and the buffs to locks, you'll still be ahead of all three lock specs. You guys were freakin broken. Doubled lock dps in most cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roblinz View Post
    Even after the nerfs to shadow and the buffs to locks, you'll still be ahead of all three lock specs. You guys were freakin broken. Doubled lock dps in most cases.
    Only in some cases and only whenever the fight allowed us to use our main ability for literally a fraction of the entire fight.

The talent is broken, not the spec. Those who are not going to spec StM have been fucked over royally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post

I want to meet whoever is spec designer for SP and shake his neck.
    Thank you, I will be stealing that image.

No we won't but thanks.

Homophobia is so gay.

I'm so tired of priests not having a dps spec for so very long. I love my priest but it feels like Blizz is trying to tell me that playing priest is a mistake in every patch.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    he doesn't play priest, don't even try lmao (he plays MM hunter)
    of course he plays MM. skill spec for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    SP for life here although I've been tuning up my Fire Mage the last two weeks to keep an option open. I'll continue to play SP as main.

Few points to make:

• Just about half the class forums are frothing over nerfs this morning.
    • 7.1 brings an across-the-board 10% buff for damage for us.
    • It's better to wait until everything shakes out a bit more to see how it really is. Context matters. Applying tunnel vision to one spec almost always gives you a suspect answer.
    • Not personally a great fan of S2M so if this de-emphasizes it a bit that's fine. S2M looked to be a balancing issue from the start.
    • There will very likely be another pass at numbers before 7.1.
    • This is how it works; too much here, not enough there. And then in later rounds there are minor corrections.

I'm not a FOTM player and never have been. So all of you re-rolling to something else that looks good right now enjoy your eventual nerfs.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    SP for life here although I've been tuning up my Fire Mage the last two weeks to keep an option open. I'll continue to play SP as main.

Few points to make:

• It's better to wait until everything shakes out a bit more to see how it really is. Context matters. Applying tunnel vision to one spec almost always gives you a suspect answer.
    • Not personally a great fan of S2M so if this de-emphasizes it a bit that's fine. S2M looked to be a balancing issue from the start.
    • This is how it works; too much here, not enough there. And then in later rounds there are minor corrections.

I'm not a FOTM player and never have been. So all of you re-rolling to something else that looks good right now enjoy your eventual nerfs.
    I'm sure I will get banned for not agreeing but I don't care, 7.1 changes are a 10% buff to dps, dps is not the problem, its the 100 talents are more broken then my social skills in life.

Saying just wait for the shake up makes my blood boil because people like u have been saying that since BC, and it gets old after 3 years of hearing the same cheap lines.

I can agree with u s2m is not a good design, its broken in idea and game design. but then a lot of SPriest skills that are just broken.

The problem is 7.1 may change numbers but the design for SPriests are just messed up.

And ur last part is kind of u been a little "cheeky". People don't just reroll to get good deeps, some want to enjoy the play style the story, and the feel of the world around it. Ur little hidden jab at people rolling for numbers is kind of sad. And maybe u should not put every one into the same groups...

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

Few points to make:

none of this does anything for the people walking into mythic raids on tuesday (or sitting on the bench if the guild is hardcore enough)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    are you seriously using xavius as an example of why the nerfs are fair? lol...
    how bout ursoc
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

or Nethendra
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    (please note no legendary at all on the priest)

Its a big nerf to what was an abusive playstyle for top tier players. should have never went live most guilds that were doing any type of top 100 world progression were ready to stack 3 Priests... Overall was stronger than even arms in execute fights (which is most of the raid) Ursoc 30% enrage, cenarious burn phase, xavious burn phase, Eye boss Twist of fate 60-70% uptime if your good. Bigger nerf than was needed But STM should have just been deleted as a talent in beta and replaced with something balanceable.... Giving the already best execute class STM was the dumbest thing I think ive ever seen.

100% wrong actually Demo was not in as bad of place as everyone said because demo locks scale retardly with gear... in 880+testing on ptr demo locks seemed like they could compete for top 3 caster. as of today the new simcraft has Demo locks at 865 BIS gear #1. One of our priests is already 100% swapping to lock with a 2nd of our 3 priests possibly swapping too if needed. Honestly I think Demo will get nerfed in a month or so it just scales so hard.....

Also as to mages the reason mages were not touched was a little change at the end of 7.0 with critical mass and base crit. Mages scale badly.. like Mages maybe the #1 ranged at 850/860 ilvl but give it 2 weeks. at 880 ilvl mages don't really gain as much as other classes. Boomkins and demo locks on the other hand scale very well with gear.
    Last edited by ChickenChaser; 2016-09-24 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    none of this does anything for the people walking into mythic raids on tuesday (or sitting on the bench if the guild is hardcore enough)
    My guild is not even hardcore and I can see them kicking there SPriests telling them to reroll. they were doing "OK" but due to not been able to move well during fights they died a lot, now they lose dps on top of this. It may kill a lot of SPriests raiding.

This feels barely a nerf for non stm users since getting over 50 stacks outside of stm was barely possible, even less so with torrent/dispersion nerf.
    I don't mind dispersion nerf since it's meant to be a defensive cd to begin with, VT nerf is plain stupid though, since vt is nothing but a strong nuke now. I can see it being used at the end of vf instead of using it at the beginning now.

The only good side is that this is limiting s2m snowballing issues a bit. Before it felt like, it was nearly impossible for blizz to buff our weakness in enviroments where we can't use stm (like mythics) without causing s2m to get out of control in raids. Like buff non-stm by 10% and BOOM stm got 20% higher dps in raids. And in their own words they can't tweak talents and spells in hotfixes, so our only hope is waiting for 7.1 i guess.

I'm not mad about sp nerfs, i'm mad about sp getting nerfed with fire mages staying as is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    My guild is not even hardcore and I can see them kicking there SPriests telling them to reroll. they were doing "OK" but due to not been able to move well during fights they died a lot, now they lose dps on top of this. It may kill a lot of SPriests raiding.
    Dying a lot during a fight is purely an l2p issue, DPS nerf/low DPS has nothing to do with it. You always prio boss mechanics and work your DPS around it.