Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Havoc
    Throw Glaive damage reduced by 30%.
    Fel Mastery (Talent) damage bonus to Fel Rush reduced to 30%.
    Bloodlet (Talent) now deals 100% of initial Throw Glaive damage.
    Fury of the Illidari (Artifact Ability) damage reduced by 20%.
    Note: See below for for additional PvP tuning adjustments to Fury of the Illidari.
    Balanced Blades (Artifact Trait) damage bonus to Blade Dance reduced to 3% per target.

Justified nerfs.
    No it isn't, because fel mastery affects our single-target damage as well, which we were by no means the best at... all the other nerfs I don't mind (seriously, a talent doing #1 damage is just bonkers, especially when the other two choices in the row don't do nearly as much...), but Blizzard should only have nerfed AoE damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    Oh no, I'll have to try to win at dps now instead of just winning with mediocre play because my class is broken! Oh nooo!

As a class that has to play flawlessly just to be in the top half of a competent raid's dps (ele), I have approximately zero sympathy for you all.
    While it pleases me to see a fellow shooter of lightning, saying that DH's don't have to try to pull good numbers isn't very fair... I use seven buttons reguarly (with a cooldown shorter than one minute) when playing havoc and I have to make sure I press the right buttons just before and during the momentum window I tried a lot of classes before deciding on a main and I found almost all of them too shallow, so it would make me sad if the interesting spec did poop damage

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    What has a class being dead got to do with anything? If a class is out performing another, and the lesser class gets nerfed..how is that justified. I tihnk you might be a little salty playing your ele shaman, who knows.
    Please show me the class that was both "lesser" and also got nerfed. Bonus points if you can do it using these "warcraft logs."

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently no one remembers initial Death Knight balancing. You're a fool if you thought DH would receive no adjustments, being a new class and the first "hero" class since WotLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Time for the fotm whiners/rerollers to find a new class, good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Apparently no one remembers initial Death Knight balancing. You're a fool if you thought DH would receive no adjustments, being a new class and the first "hero" class since WotLK.
    I remember it just fine. I just figured Blizzard learned from that disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I don't think DHs are in the status DKs were back in WotLK at all, lol.

Why the hell people insist on not understanding demon hunter community would be fine with true AOE nerfs? It's ST damage nerf that is bothering us. And if you think ST nerf was needed for DH Havoc, you are lunatic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I remember it just fine. I just figured Blizzard learned from that disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    I don't think DHs are in the status DKs were back in WotLK at all, lol.
    Yeah, I still remember early Naxx, and getting my shit wrecked in 1v1 by DKs coming back as a ghoul. Hearing about Frost in Arena with a specific Scholomance weapon keeping healers silenced for days... They did a better job this time around, but still one that needed tweaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmann View Post
    Sorry lads, the dream is dead. Had a good run. By the time tier 2 releases everyone will have forgotten we were even good, like monks at the start of wod. But we'll know. We'll always have that memory. In our hearts.
    Oh no, the sky is falling! Oh noes! DON'T GET HIT BY ONE OF THE CLOUDS!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by orgulas View Post
    Why the hell people insist on not understanding demon hunter community would be fine with true AOE nerfs? It's ST damage nerf that is bothering us. And if you think ST nerf was needed for DH Havoc, you are lunatic.
    Thank you.

Had they simply reduced the damage of Glaive Toss and Bloodlet to secondary targets, nobody here would have issue with that.

It's how GT and Bloodlet interact with momentum build. This nerf to ST will end momentum build being close to competitive with demon blades (it was behind it in ST damage already). I can't speak for every DH out there, but I find DB rotation (can we even call it that? ) to be extremely unfun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look....

nerf our AoE for all I care, we all knew it was OP... but they just butchered our ST as well, when they had no reason to.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

We went from 2nd DPS on simcraft to 2nd to last.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I basically agree with the targeting of these nerfs (but not necessarily the numbers, which I haven't evaluated yet); Bloodlet and Fel Mastery were very powerful talents. It's unfortunate that they didn't buff or change the talents competing with them, though.

Chaos Cleave, Blind Fury, and First Blood all deserve a great deal of love, and buffing those downright awful talents would have taken a lot of the sting from the nerfs away.
    The nerfs are completely stupid.

There was a very easy and 100% right way: nerf the AoE-compnents on FR, TG etc. and leave the ST components alone.

I honestly can't see why they just didn't cap the aoe damage of the abilities, They've done it in the past and they could've done it now.

There's definitely going to be more tuning to DH's single target in the future, The nerf bat swung too hard in this instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I just dont get how it went from "fel barrage needs to get tuned down", to shitting on the things that actually make single target fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemanse View Post
    I just dont get how it went from "fel barrage needs to get tuned down", to shitting on the things that actually make single target fun.
    'cause they took data from Mythic+, where there's trash 90% of the time.

Fel Barrage initial hotfix didn't do shit to fix the AoE burst damage of DHs, also.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeds Dead View Post
    We were never at the top of the mountain to begin with.
    What??

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If havoc DH's were this far off that they needed major nerfs, I would have liked to see this happen towards the end of beta rather than now. The starting point balance late in beta should have been closer if they thought it was this far off. Changing things up this much now actually impacts builds and rotation.

And the vengeance nerfs really make the daily world quests that much worse, at least the tougher ones like the Warden wq's where you need to be in tank spec to solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretias View Post
    What??

EN has loads of AoE in their fights.

Check Ursoc/Nythendra.

Deleted
    you are looking at the 75th percentile, why not look at the 99th percentile xD

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    vengence was already shit before - now with dps spec being trash whole class is unplayable - gg blizzard
    No one has even played with these new changes. Test the class out after they have been applied before you jump ship.