Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Pot/Flask Situation

Did blizzard announce any plans to do something about this?

On my high pop realm, a single potion of deadly grace costs 1200 Gold. Nobody can afford this. Looking at the single prices, i am not surprised people resort to botting

Starlight rose 250 Gold each

Fjarnskaggle 150 Gold each

Its pretty much impossible to supply the entire Raid with pots and flasks. It was never like this before, and i have to be absolutely honest: I considered botting myself. Spending every day multiple hours to get MAYBE a stack fjarnskaggle(constantly despawns, very low spawnrate) is draining the life out of me, especially since i also still have to do the AP grind every day and other stuff.

Blizzard won't interfere with realm economy.

Ha, my agi flasks are over 3k each. Since I was away for a lot of wod can't really afford to raid

15+ Year Old Account
    It was like that before. People seem to forget how easy Draenor made professions and how much the market was saturated with mats. Pots and Flasks used to always be high at the start of an expansion before Draenor tanked the market.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Spending every day multiple hours to get MAYBE a stack fjarnskaggle(constantly despawns, very low spawnrate) is draining the life out of me, especially since i also still have to do the AP grind every day and other stuff.
    Then don't do it?
    Resorting to cheating because you don't feel like doing something is pretty sad.

Blizzard won't do anything about it. You'll just have to wait for the problem to solve itself over time.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2016-09-25 at 12:04 AM.

It's not just pots/flasks..... gems and enchants are also very expensive at the moment.

I went to buy a gem to add just 200 intellect to my neck socket and it was priced at 17,000 Gold on my server.

When you consider I could then go into a dungeon afterwards and get a better neck drop I would effectively lose 17K for nothing

Think I can live without a 200 intellect gem for now until the market settles down a bit.

This is what happens when you provide people an entire expansion that floods them with mats and money. Perceived scarcity and hyperinflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard inflates the economy like 3x but people still have the same amount of gold - thx!

Rank 3 herbalism doesn't do much at all, and rank 3 Flask/pots are completely RNG and won't make it dip either, if anything they will go up in price as more people are raiding and using pots/flasks. Also pots/flasks are ALWAYS in demand every week (since you need new gear for gems/enchants). The problem isn't really Flasks since they last even when you die death, the problem is the DPS pot mat requirements is higher then it should be for something you use 30-40 times a night.

Did blizzard announce any plans to do something about this?

On my high pop realm, a single potion of deadly grace costs 1200 Gold. Nobody can afford this. Looking at the single prices, i am not surprised people resort to botting

Starlight rose 250 Gold each

Fjarnskaggle 150 Gold each

Its pretty much impossible to supply the entire Raid with pots and flasks. It was never like this before, and i have to be absolutely honest: I considered botting myself. Spending every day multiple hours to get MAYBE a stack fjarnskaggle(constantly despawns, very low spawnrate) is draining the life out of me, especially since i also still have to do the AP grind every day and other stuff.
    I feel your pain. As someone who skipped WoD and is currently playing on a high pop realm, I'm in a bad place now due to the prices. Flasks are 3k+ on my server and potions are 250-1000g each depending. My small fortune in MoP (200k) will be depleted in no time at this rate, and I just don't have the time to level cap/do all the profession quests for multiple toons for the sake of gathering/crafting.

In Cata/MoP, I could dedicate maybe 1-2 hours a week to gathering/crafting on an alt (often sub-90) to satisfy my raid needs for the week. No way I can do that now w/o multiple level 110s and an unrealistic time commitment.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Unless I'm doing mythic or heroic ursoc I'm not paying 2k gold for a flask.

Nobody can afford this.
    I gotta say I'm surprised how many people can afford it. I've been averaging 300-400k gold for about 5h of work each day since leveling herbalist alt. It will end eventually, but for now the new goldcap looks couple weeks away.

Wont be a situation come 7.1 but I agree its a MAJOR concern right now.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Thankfully, until prices go down from this gouged rate my guild isn't requiring them for raids unless we end up getting stuck...
    Forget paying that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I gotta say I'm surprised how many people can afford it. I've been averaging 300-400k gold for about 5h of work each day since leveling herbalist alt. It will end eventually, but for now the new goldcap looks couple weeks away.
    how are you making so much money with it? just farming for hours and selling the raw mats?

I started by herbing and making rank 3 pots/flasks, but then I discovered a way to get a lot of herbs in a short time so I'm just mass unloading them for 30k a stack...

Deleted
    Personally I'm absolutely loving it, I'm rolling in money and supply seems to be actively decreasing rather than increasing for some mats as they're used up quicker than they're being replaced. My server is fairly filled, to the point that we had queue recently several times. Yet only three 200er stacks of Fjarnskaggl aside from the 1 piece stacks were in the AH.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't want Blizzard to interfere with the economy.

As mentioned earlier, over time more and more people will retrieve more flowers, naturally driving the market price down.

Capitalism works best without intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Rank 3 herbalism doesn't do much at all, and rank 3 Flask/pots are completely RNG and won't make it dip either, if anything they will go up in price as more people are raiding and using pots/flasks. Also pots/flasks are ALWAYS in demand every week (since you need new gear for gems/enchants). The problem isn't really Flasks since they last even when you die death, the problem is the DPS pot mat requirements is higher then it should be for something you use 30-40 times a night.
    It's really inexcusable that potions need starflower or whatever the hell it's called. And 7 for flasks was a bit excessive.

Blood of Sargeras vendor in 7.1....20 herbs for 1 blood