Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enhance opening rotation in raids?

Just a quick question because I haven't really seen a definitive saying on how our opener should go? For me I been just doing Pre pot ~2 seconds. Flametongue, Boulderfist, Frostbrand, Doomwinds/FeralSpirit, Stormstrike, Crash Lightning then into the rotation or *priority*. My main concern is whether or not that is the optimal time to pop my offensive CDs in the middle like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zykenwolf View Post
    Just a quick question because I haven't really seen a definitive saying on how our opener should go? For me I been just doing Pre pot ~2 seconds. Flametongue, Boulderfist, Frostbrand, Doomwinds/FeralSpirit, Stormstrike, Crash Lightning then into the rotation or *priority*. My main concern is whether or not that is the optimal time to pop my offensive CDs in the middle like that.
    Pretty much that, I personally do stormstrike before I do Doomwinds/Feralspirits on the off chance I get a SS proc in that global so I don't miss out on that SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zykenwolf View Post

What's worked best for me (in terms of maelstrom generation and timing)

Pre-Pot/Sprint -> Boulderfist -> Hailstorm (frostbrand) -> FT -> Spirits -> CL - > DW/SS (you can fit in a BF before DW if your buff is falling off), but at least during that rotation I wasn't waiting on maelstrom to use anything.

The important one is just have HS/FT up before you go into slamming SS into the boss.

Bounder--> flametongue --> hailstorm --> doomwind

Bounder should be first so it can start general new charge, and you will need it to cast hailstorm.

Wolf when doomwind near expired.

I think doom wind do not take GCD ?

I have problem decide between stormstrike vs CL. Should I cast CL first to buff SS or always cast SS first ?

Does it matter if u cast Wolves before or after BL? , in other words if i cast them after BL cast do they benefit from BL?

I assume you need to have as many melee moves as possible during doomwinds Huanak, so SS

Pre-pot > boulderfist > frostbrand > FT > Doom Winds > Wolves > Stormstrike

From there it all depends on if you proc SS or not. If you do, start spamming that. If not, CL.
    Last edited by sloppies; 2016-09-25 at 08:45 AM.
    Look at your racial leader, now look at Magni, now back at him, sadly, he isn't Magni.

The Bronze Beard King is now diamonds!

Deleted
    I start out with Boulder -> Frostbrand -> Flametongue -> Wolves -> Crash Lightning. I only pop Doom Winds when I get a stormstrike proc and then I just spam stormstrike whenever I get the chance.

It really depends on how fast you need the damage to start. An opener with no wastage, but slower, would look like:

Boulder > FT > FB > Boulder > SS > Wolves > CL/Doom Winds > SSx20 or whatever

It's important to remember that you want SS on CD before you hit CL. Crash is a mainhand attack, and can proc Stormbringer.

If you need more burst off the top, you can Wolves with prepot, then:

Boulder > CL > FT > FB > Boulder/Doom Winds > SSx20

Quote Originally Posted by Qaletaqa View Post
    It really depends on how fast you need the damage to start. An opener with no wastage, but slower, would look like:

Boulder > FT > FB > Boulder > SS > Wolves > CL/Doom Winds > SSx20 or whatever

It's important to remember that you want SS on CD before you hit CL. Crash is a mainhand attack, and can proc Stormbringer.

If you need more burst off the top, you can Wolves with prepot, then:

Boulder > CL > FT > FB > Boulder/Doom Winds > SSx20
    Nah man you never do that unless you have a stormbringer proc as an opener. DW and feral wolves at the same time causes a spike in mealstrom generation that pretty much guarantees you cap out and unless you are dumping stormbringer procs you are blowing on demand maelstrom on lava lash which is...crap. Doomwinds during your second boulder so it gets the benefit of your FT/FB.

The only time I would open with wolves is if we're heroing off the start. Else I would save it for the second/third rotation when a stormbringer proc occurs for maelstrom and dw is on cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just watched the replay of Wordup's Nyth's kill.
    Am I correct to see he used double BF at the start, then went FB, Doggies, CL, FB, BF, DW, SS.
    So he waited pretty long with the usage of SS and DW.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I just watched the replay of Wordup's Nyth's kill.
    Am I correct to see he used double BF at the start, then went FB, Doggies, CL, FB, BF, DW, SS.
    So he waited pretty long with the usage of SS and DW.
    where did you watch that video ? i'm following his youtube channel but there isnt any kill videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeUpDead View Post
    where did you watch that video ? i'm following his youtube channel but there isnt any kill videos.
    Warcraftlog's replay.

Edit: been looking at other logs and opening rotations and there seem to be at least 5 different ones people use.
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2016-09-25 at 03:27 PM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    Am i doing it all wrong?

I'm doing my burst macro "( orc racial, wolves, trinket, arcway ring) potion if i'm serious.

then SS, DW, (BF if low), CL, and usual prio...

don't top strait away all the time dps, but after 10 to 15 sec i'm on top. (i'm the least geared of my regular group)

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't you try to use Crash Lightning before Stormstrike for the buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Shouldn't you try to use Crash Lightning before Stormstrike for the buff?
    You shouldn't because of resets. Getting an early stormstrike out is way more important than Crash Lightning in that case.
    I'm currently using: 1 Sec before pull Wolves -> BF -> FB -> FT -> Stormstrike + Doom Winds -> Proceed with priority list.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    You shouldn't because of resets. Getting an early stormstrike out is way more important than Crash Lightning in that case.
    I'm currently using: 1 Sec before pull Wolves -> BF -> FB -> FT -> Stormstrike + Doom Winds -> Proceed with priority list.
    may i ask why you are using SS before DW ? ( i didn't get the meaning of Stormstrike + Doom Winds i assume you're using ss before dw ^^ )

Quote Originally Posted by WakeUpDead View Post
    may i ask why you are using SS before DW ? ( i didn't get the meaning of Stormstrike + Doom Winds i assume you're using ss before dw ^^ )
    I'm basically using them both at the same time, since DW is off the GCD. Also its just because of Windfury proccing Stormbringer.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    Wait...... you get invites as a dd shaman? o_O

Simcraft does as following

Pre: Flask, food, potion, augmentation

Upon engagement

Autoattack, Feral Spirits, Blouderfist, Frostbrand, Flametongue, boulderfist, doom winds, stormstrike, crash lightning.. etc