Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    He said to ban morons, not people who disagree with him.
    He said ban morons who claim waht he quoted which was saying Assassination is a blast to play in his opinion. Which I do agree, his post made it seem like it's wrong to think Assassination is fun.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Right now I think that you can play whatever you like, every spec is almost equal in terms of DPS according to sims.

I'd like to change to Assassination, but put too many AP in Outlaw, which is still nice spec, and it rocks in AoE fights.

Deleted
    I dont understand how people can play outlaw, it feels clunky and horrid, that being said assassination is fine, becomes a blast if you have 3 vendetta relics and the vendetta legendary boots, as you can get vendetta down to a 44second cooldown which when used completely refills your energy, which imo is fun as fuck to play, 44 second burst cooldown that lasts 20 seconds? hell to the yeah. Becomes even better when you get the trinket from nighthold in future patches which makes your attacks have a chance to reduce vendetta cd by 5 seconds. approx 34 second cooldown with bad - average procs on the trinket. Its a fun spec, and will probably always will be.

Currently playing sub as i have both sub only legendarys and the cleave ring, with evis and nightblade buffs to come becomes even more viable, the 15% evis damage which then scales with mastery, with deeper statagem will be evis critting for around 2mil with a decent amount of mastery

"Don't go assassination"
    "Outlaw RNG is too much"
    "Sub sucks"
    Every day we see one of these, so, should we play rogue at all, then?

Quote Originally Posted by bettomendes View Post
    "Don't go assassination"
    "Outlaw RNG is too much"
    "Sub sucks"
    Every day we see one of these, so, should we play rogue at all, then?
    Press 1 to rerroll to shadowpriest

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokoyo View Post
    I have a question, as the general consensus seems to be "Don't go assassination!". I know it's early, but been looking through alot of logs, and assassination seems to be alot better than what this forum suggests atm. I'm not saying, rather asking, if it's really that bad? Is it a issue with scaling, early artifact traits or what? Can go through all EN Heroic bosses, and more often than not, assassination is doing very solid. With the changes incoming, what are the thoughts from our theorycrafters?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...metric=bossdps
    The reason people say that is because assassination seems to have the worst scaling of the three specs. It starts out competitive, but a comparison of rogues in full mythic T19 gear it will be falling behind. In T20 gear it will be considerably behind. So if you want to invest artifact power in your assassination daggers knowing it will be the worst spec 6-9 months from now go ahead. Maybe you get lucky and Blizzard will do another balance patch to fix things before that happens, but it's hard to count on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    The reason people say that is because assassination seems to have the worst scaling of the three specs. It starts out competitive, but a comparison of rogues in full mythic T19 gear it will be falling behind. In T20 gear it will be considerably behind. So if you want to invest artifact power in your assassination daggers knowing it will be the worst spec 6-9 months from now go ahead. Maybe you get lucky and Blizzard will do another balance patch to fix things before that happens, but it's hard to count on that.
    This was along the lines of my thoughts too. I've put 21 into Outlaw and 13 into assassination for now. I like both specs, although the RNG of RtB makes me slightly emo. Blizzards adjustments are hard to predict, just wanted some brainstorming around assassination maybe not being as bad as one can get impression from when reading this forum. Cheers

Honestly, Sub has a lot of fanboyism and outlaw is the strongest spec atm. So you have the group that craps on the spec because it isn't the strongest and those who do so because it isn't sub.