Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it skinny shaming if i tell her to seek help? She's killing herself by starving to that extreme. Then i guess people are sick shaming those who get sick but don't believe in modern medicine.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

No, she isn't being skinny shamed. She has a problem.

She looks unhealthy,

10+ Year Old Account
    Fat/skinny shaming is bad. We don't don't know if she has medical/mental issues or not so we can't simply tell her to "eat up" I guess. She's a pretty girl but wow if someone pushed her she would be in trouble.

I dont know here, I wont shame her, but looking at her makes me feel very uncomfortable. I really want to say something... but its her life. Anyways, dat Eli Manning interception doe!
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Fat/skinny shaming is bad. We don't don't know if she has medical/mental issues or not so we can't simply tell her to "eat up" I guess. She's a pretty girl but wow if someone pushed her she would be in trouble.
    What sort of medical issues would cause someone to be that drastically underweight? Hospitals have feeding tubes for a reason.

Why the hell are people so afraid to say something negative about someone? It's like all of a sudden everyone thinks they have to be super nice to each other and not offend anybody in the slightest. Now everyone is afraid to feel a little uncomfortable or be put in an awkward situation, and there's too many soft/sheltered people in this world. Toughen the fuck up and get over it.

If she thinks she's healthy, she's also fuckin insane.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Fat shaming is good, peer pressure and social censure can and does have an impact on someones willpower to change. Skinny shaming when someone is so underweight it is medically unhealthy is also good and she fits that case imo. She needs to put on some weight.
    No, shaming is not good either way you slice it, because it re-inforces any negative emotions tied to their thoughts about their own weight. People should want to change, not be fear-mongered or pushed to a mental breakdown to change, and it's absolutely ridiculous of you to think so. People who don't care, won't care if you shame them, people who want to lose/gain weight over some issue, but have difficulty doing so, need POSITIVE reinforcement and encouragement to change and start down a more healthy approach to life.

Holy fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No, shaming is not good either way you slice it, because it re-inforces any negative emotions tied to their thoughts about their own weight. People should want to change, not be fear-mongered or pushed to a mental breakdown to change, and it's absolutely ridiculous of you to think so. People who don't care, won't care if you shame them, people who want to lose/gain weight over some issue, but have difficulty doing so, need POSITIVE reinforcement and encouragement to change and start down a more healthy approach to life.

Holy fuck.
    I disagree, if people want to change, they will. These things are nice but definitely not required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    I disagree, if people want to change, they will. These things are nice but definitely not required.
    Not really. People can want change but it can not happen due to other factors.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not really. People can want change but it can not happen due to other factors.
    True, but fat shaming or needing encouragement to change are not legit factors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody should be "shamed" they should be helped. I went from a fat load to in shape by having a good support network of friends that guided me along the way that didn't once sit there and put me down about what I was doing or made me feel less than a person (well more, heh). With this woman there's a way to approach helping someone get through anorexia and it isn't "lol eat a sandwich you skeleton".

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be a hypocrite because i'm against skinny shaming but this is scary. She is skin and bones, she needs help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    What sort of medical issues would cause someone to be that drastically underweight? Hospitals have feeding tubes for a reason.
    There is a super rare condition that makes your body unable to store fat. Some girl on YouTube has it, forgot her channel name. But she really can't put on weight. She also looks deformed, and is partially blind ;/ pretty sad. But Eugenia doesn't have that.

I think her name was Lizzie Velasquez.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Is it just me, or does she look even skinnier next to normal-sized people?
    What's even worse is that they made a video about trying not to laugh at other videos and that people actually watch this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    True, but fat shaming or needing encouragement to change are not legit factors.
    Well, anecdotal or not, I can personally prove you wrong. I know other people who can prove you wrong. I started, and am still sticking with my 3x workouts a week at a gym, despite social anxiety, because I have a trainer I can talk to, and who will never put me down. Because I put myself down enough already, and I do it over the smallest, stupidest shit, I'm extremely self-aware of my own short-comings. I know others who will tell you the same. a positive support-network makes such a difference for the better, shaming does not.

She's sick physically and mentally. Anyone who sees it and can't admit it is enabling her to eventually die from her illness.

My thoughts? Natural selection at work.

I feel for the girl, but she cannot be helped if she doesn't think she has a problem. She's been told she has health issues and apparently isn't even considering whether or not that's the case. Anything that happens to her health-wise is the result of her own bad choices for years and years.

I hope she'll wise up and seek the help she needs, but its all on her.

One confusing bit about the fat shaming bit. The Progressive mindset seems to want to protect historically oppressed groups. You can have a college class essentially shaming men and whites (see college courses titled "Toxic Whiteness" and "Toxic Masculinity"). Well, when it comes to body weight, historically speaking, more plump women held the beauty standard. Yet they seem to be the protected class today considering how much criticism the modeling/advertising business has recieved for modeling more skinny women.

It seems that this "historical oppressd groups" criteria is bullshit.