I have been leveling my fire mage and really enjoy it. One thing that the fire mage spec has is crit protection, where if the spell does not crit, then they get a 10% chance on the next spell to crit, and this stacks. It seems that this type of mechanic for tactician would solve the issue for Arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like Fire all that much. Frost was the spec I enjoyed on Mage because of how simple it is and how cool it looks.

I got the MS gloves tonight in our raid.. I was happy but at the same time actually kinda uncomfortable because I don't think the Spec is gonna be in a good place next reset.

Seems a lot of the time people get legendary items they are more depressed then they were before it dropped.. shout outs to the ring no one wants.

Been playing Arms in mythic + but after Tuesday, considering just keeping it a raid spec and switching to Fury full time for dungeons. Ideal artifact level to get to if I only wanna play Fury for Mythic+?

Arms is doing too much single target damage at the moment, mostly because of Old War potions and some good rng parses.

Fair enough, nerf arms damage a bit and fix the potions. That's what you'd expect.

What we get instead is Arms dumpstered from top on the single target fights down to mid-bot for every fight on mythic. The entire spec mechanically slowed down and the random delta increased with multiple periods of not being able to do any damage for 30 seconds. It's going to play great and feel awesome on those 8 minute+ mythic fights.

And for what? So that feral can be moved to the top, enhancement and demonology post hotfix can all sit close to where arms was. It's like musical chairs, you move some specs down, buff other specs to take their place and pat yourselves on the head. Good work balancing team. I could do a better job balancing all the specs in 2 hours than it probably takes their team of 5+ to do in a week.

It reminds me of the first few weeks in Highmaul progression, windwalkers were doing well on the charts so they nerfed them by a good 10% then two weeks later had to undo the nerfs because they had no idea what they were doing.
    Last edited by Valsh; 2016-09-25 at 10:41 PM.

MS gloves are basically a free Slam? every ~5sec?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I'm sorry but trauma build is not even close to FR. And after the EtW nerf in two days, it will be one of the worst specs in the game.
    Boo... I personally found that it hasn't been too bad... May just be getting lucky perhaps?

What would the post-nerf build / stat priority look like then? (From what I've read, FR is still the better build? With Mast/Verse being the top stats with haste being close to equal with Verse?) (Assuming Mythic+ and Raiding.)
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Boo... I personally found that it hasn't been too bad... May just be getting lucky perhaps?

What would the post-nerf build / stat priority look like then? (From what I've read, FR is still the better build? With Mast/Verse being the top stats with haste being close to equal with Verse?) (Assuming Mythic+ and Raiding.)
    There are non-FR Builds siming at 245k. That's more than enough single target for all of Heroic Emerald Dream.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post
    There are non-FR Builds siming at 245k. That's more than enough single target for all of Heroic Emerald Dream.
    Yeah but the sims are wrong, optimal geared ilvl850 players were simming 400k dps on 5min fights. The sims are putting out impossibly high numbers for Arms. The sims are meant to be doing 100k iterations and posting an average of the min/max results, and the "average" is hilariously far from reality. Logs show you could do like 260k as FR on Nythendra HC and get above 90% ranking, Simcraft numbers are just not accurate with reality. There are legendary equipped 860 Warriors getting great RNG and pulling less dps on a 4min fight than what SC thinks an 850 player gets on an "average" over 5mins.

If the non FR build sims at 245k at ilvl 840 (which would be prenerf numbers) then you can probably expect realistic DPS of like 170k dps. Non FR builds also get hit equally as hard by the tuning changes.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-09-26 at 12:45 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    yup, beside that you can beat heroic bosses without artifact weapon (hi beta).

Can someone explain to me execute usage as of now?

When <20%, use 40 rage executes and only use FR for the first and last mortal strike of battle cry?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post

Simming my char shows haste above mastery post-nerf

Also the nerf is not live yet
    Last edited by apoe; 2016-09-26 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Yeah but the sims are wrong, optimal geared ilvl850 players were simming 400k dps on 5min fights. The sims are putting out impossibly high numbers for Arms. The sims are meant to be doing 100k iterations and posting an average of the min/max results, and the "average" is hilariously far from reality. Logs show you could do like 260k as FR on Nythendra HC and get above 90% ranking, Simcraft numbers are just not accurate with reality. There are legendary equipped 860 Warriors getting great RNG and pulling less dps on a 4min fight than what SC thinks an 850 player gets on an "average" over 5mins.

If the non FR build sims at 245k at ilvl 840 (which would be prenerf numbers) then you can probably expect realistic DPS of like 170k dps. Non FR builds also get hit equally as hard by the tuning changes.

With no gear changes, I have a non-FR Build doing 239,818 DPS with a setup of Overpower, Avatar, In For the Kill, Deadly Calm, and Anger Management. This is with the intedned changes for Tuesday, with Simulation Craft build 703-03.
    Last edited by Kirbydude65; 2016-09-26 at 03:22 AM.

With no gear changes, I have a non-FR Build doing 239,818 DPS with a setup of Overpower, Avatar, In For the Kill, Trauma, Deadly Calm, and Anger Management. This is with the intedned changes for Tuesday, with Simulation Craft build 703-03.
    How are you doing Trauma and Deadly Calm? Those are the same tier... And we know that non-FR builds can do well (just not as well as FR). What matters now about the spec overall is how it performs with the nerf to EtW.

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    How are you doing Trauma and Deadly Calm? Those are the same tier... And we know that non-FR builds can do well (just not as well as FR). What matters now about the spec overall is how it performs with the nerf to EtW.
    Meant to say Deadly Calm, Anger Management.

And we know that non-FR builds can do well .
    Out of curiosity who exactly is that "we" you are talking about ?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ret in the top 3 is the real story here. What is this, Wrath of the Lich King pre-patch?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

If by well you mean the very bottom then yes.

With no gear changes, I have a non-FR Build doing 239,818 DPS with a setup of Overpower, Avatar, In For the Kill, Deadly Calm, and Anger Management. This is with the intedned changes for Tuesday, with Simulation Craft build 703-03.
    If you're going to ignore fr, then DC/AM + Dauntless + Mortal Combo results in higher dps, less downtime, and more apm than OP + IFTK.