Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rerolling - Arcane or Fire?

I'm leveling a Mage alt and before I waste a month in one spec's artifact (leveled a Havoc DH, RIP), going forward, what will be the best spec? Arcane or Fire?

Sims are showing Arcane is on par/ahead but I'm not interested in what the specs do on a Patchwerk/0 movement fight.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by SativaSam View Post
    I'm leveling a Mage alt and before I waste a month in one spec's artifact (leveled a Havoc DH, RIP), going forward, what will be the best spec? Arcane or Fire?

Sims are showing Arcane is on par/ahead but I'm not interested in what the specs do on a Patchwerk/0 movement fight.

Fire.

Just picking a FotM class is never a good idea though.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rerolled a mage as fire yesterday. didnt try arcane yet.

I was a arms warrior and from last hotfix I can see only "sky blue class" will be safe when it top the damage meter.

No thanks. We've got enough FotM people playing our class as it is.
    Last edited by Requimortem; 2016-09-26 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Fire.

Just picking a FotM class is never a good idea though.
    Normally I'd agree with you but I've been playing this game off and on since 2005 and Mage has been good for as long as I can remember.

I can't trust Blizzard to balance correctly so if I wanna get into a top end guild and also top the meters I'm forced to play certain classes and specs. Obviously being able to choose based on fantasy would be great and the best players top the meters but it doesn't work that way.

Normally I'd agree with you but I've been playing this game off and on since 2005 and Mage has been good for as long as I can remember.

I can't trust Blizzard to balance correctly so if I wanna get into a top end guild and also top the meters I'm forced to play certain classes and specs. Obviously being able to choose based on fantasy would be great and the best players top the meters but it doesn't work that way.
    I was referring to you picking DH as fotm, which was clearly risky as they were blatantly OP.

Mage is great now but hunter probably suits your goals better.

Also if your goal is to get into a top end guild you better get onto this quickly because you're behind if you haven't geared your mage previously.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2016-09-26 at 04:00 AM.

You're not going to get into a top end guild by rerolling mage, especially at this point in the xpac.

I was referring to you picking DH as fotm, which was clearly risky as they were blatantly OP.

Mage is great now but hunter probably suits your goals better.

Also if your goal is to get into a top end guild you better get onto this quickly because you're behind if you haven't geared your mage previously.
    Oh, sorry i misunderstood. I leveled a DH purely because I loved the mobility and rotation. I figured some nerfs were coming to the AOE, but i didn't think they were gonna be as harsh as the hot fix list

Oh, sorry i misunderstood. I leveled a DH purely because I loved the mobility and rotation. I figured some nerfs were coming to the AOE, but i didn't think they were gonna be as harsh as the hot fix list
    Feel free to ignore Woobels- dude was being needlessly confrontational in my post, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    Feel free to ignore Woobels- dude was being needlessly confrontational in my post, too.
    I don't really see how I'm being confrontational here, but whatever.

I don't really see how I'm being confrontational here, but whatever.
    You weren't. He just got triggered hearing something he didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    You weren't. He just got triggered hearing something he didn't like.
    Just like you used "triggered" because that's the new cool word to use.

PS: Close this thread already

FOTM people rerolling. pathetic

INFRACTION: Flaming
    Last edited by The Archmage; 2016-09-26 at 08:30 AM.

well, fire will probably be best on 5/7 EN fights, and on par with arcane on the 2 single target ones (I'm saying probably, because arcane is getting a buff soon, so might win single target over fire). If you want to get into a "top guild" though, you really shouldn't reroll now, as it will be quite difficult to get into a top guild with a low level artifact weapon and ilvl, as it's too much of an investment in a recent reroller, it's not like wow is lacking mages :P

Guys, the OP asked a question. If you plan on providing what you consider useful information, do it by all means. Otherwise skip it and move along please.

Deleted

Hey dude. I wouldn't pick anything off of the sims right now as they're going to change drastically over the next 6 weeks, on a week to week basis. As we get our item levels up by about 5-10'ish a week from here on out things are going to keep changing. There's a LOT of scaling going on with item levels and how they effect Legendary items, also the 2nd Legendary slots will be opening up over the next 2-3 weeks, impacting the meta even more. I'd pick something based on what you actually enjoy the most at the moment, as there's literally no telling which spec is going to be ahead over the next little while. Also another thing to keep in mind is the new mini-raid is dropping in like 4-5 weeks most likely, even more so changing the meta again with new trinkets / general item level.

Deleted

I can only speak of my beta experience.
    Arcane is very powefull (imo), but to get on par even with some random key hitting fire mage it needs just way more effort.

I can only speak of my beta experience.
    Arcane is very powefull (imo), but to get on par even with some random key hitting fire mage it needs just way more effort.
    Many random button hitting fire mages unable to pull over 200k aoe dps want to have a word with you... like MANY

a bit updated sims
    Last edited by Idriss; 2016-09-26 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idriss View Post
    a bit updated sims
    What's the stat weights for the Mage_Arcane_T19P? Mastery first?