Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They have to have a fixed chance so I'm not sure what it is that you're talking about. In order for it to drop at all there has to be a chance for it, whether that is .0001% or 100%. They can change this chance at-will but that doesn't mean anyone will get a legendary unless it's a 100% chance.
    I remember that system back in phantasy star online where rare drops your character could get was tied to a character specific variable determined by your race, name and choice of physical features. If you didn't have the specific combination on your character, you couldn't get the specific item.

There is no way to know wether a similar system is at work in wow, but given they already had to fix something having to do with too many legendaries dropping for some characters (this is a fact, there is insight about this in one patch note), something similar might be at work.

They didnt up the drop rate of legendary's, they fixed a bug that gave someone with a legendary a higher chance to get a second. If you want to up your chances, do more mythic's. Meanwhile, Ive done about 20 +4,5,6 runs over the weekend and seen 3 legendary drops.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2016-09-26 at 05:27 AM.

Its like what...4 weeks into it? Everyone doesn't need to get a legendary in the first few weeks.

It's too late to complain about the system now, you people should have been more vocal during the alpha long before the beta when we already knew they wanted to DiabloRNG up their game with these.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Did he then get it 3 more times within a week?
    No?
    Then RNG isn't RNG.
    No, but it could happen. Chances would be infinitesimaly low, but it could.

What's the point of all that chatter, anyway? That Blizzard has a list of nice kids that they throw legendaries at, and naughty kids that don't get anything? Maybe there's another bug, but so far we have no idea, and conspiracy theories based on anecdotical evidence aren't really helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's too late to complain about the system now, you people should have been more vocal during the alpha long before the beta when we already knew they wanted to DiabloRNG up their game with these.
    Pretty sure the thing that was/is effecting the drop rate wasn't in beta. The duplicate protection system was added 1 week into launch.

someone on a diff forum lmao

You should raid instead. At least the drop chance seems a lot higher there for me. We had 3 drop just under a normal clear and the main chat was full with people linking their new legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/GeJ4xuW.jpg

While I find that absolutely hilarious and part of me is extremely jealous, I don't think that has anything to do with legendary bad luck protection. If the loot is determined before you open a chest, then all of the chests had the same drop rate of a legendary.

If the loot is determined when you open the chest, then that does help build the case (well, at least the sample size part) that it's not working as intended. It should be noted that even if it's working perfectly, that situation is still possible, just unlikely.

This only shows, HOW RETARDED idea was to put legendary items in RNG area.

Its ridiculous that ppl who invest tons of time to farm hcs, mythics and mythics+ gets jack shiet and some ppl get their legendary on first hc run or fuckin 2 legends in the row.

I hope Blizz will fuckin forsaken this idea in the next expansion. The questline in MoP and WoD was good mechanism to obtain a legendary item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post

Well, if these chests work like any other chest or bag that blizzard makes, then the loot is generated when the chest/bag appears (except for the caches from D3 bounties). So that's pretty damn lucky.

"Don't let the things you can't control interfere with doing the things you can." ~ Nick Saban (and probably others)

Most of us don't have legendaries yet. Doesn't keep us from gearing up in other ways and enjoying all the content. For that matter, I'm seeing titan-forged drops that rival lengedaries, so I'm not sure how much it matters whether we get them or not. Even the people who get them are sometimes starting posts to gripe about which one they got.

So my advice is to put them out of your mind and just enjoy the game. You'll get one, or not, and life will go on. Either way, you'll have more fun not stressing about it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

"That's pretty dam lucky"
    Yeah, if crap like that wasn't CONSTANTLY HAPPENING.

How often does someone win the lotto twice in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    The questline in MoP and WoD was good mechanism to obtain a legendary item.
    They actually did keep that system, but applied it to our artifacts instead. If we felt obligated to grind legendaries on top of our artifacts, people would be griping about that. I think the current system was intended to mix things up a bit. You're not supposed to grind out a legendary, just play the game and one day get lucky.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Many of us did, not like Blizzard would actually give a shit and listen anyway.

Also current year and still believing in the bad luck protection and random is random maymay.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    To be fair:

People who cried about this before were met with "it's RNG you're just butthurt."

But they were right. There was a bug.

So, keep in mind that when you claim it's just good/bad RNG... you could be wrong again.
    The people were indeed butthurt though.. Keep that in mind.. they could be butthurt still.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    They actually did keep that system, but applied it to our artifacts instead. If we felt obligated to grind legendaries on top of our artifacts, people would be griping about that. I think the current system was intended to mix things up a bit. You're not supposed to grind out a legendary, just play the game and one day get lucky.
    The problem is stuff like that introduces prettty bad imbalance, because one guild can be more lucky then other. Well it does not apply to me since i do not play in competetive guild, but those at the top can be a little bit upset.

We will see at the end of the expac how this decision impacted the game, i may be wrong, but i think it will not turn out good.

10+ Year Old Account

False equivalence. Unless you know the chance of winning the lottery twice and the chance of getting two legendaries back to back, then you can't make that comparison, at least not seriously. Comparing things that are extremely different, but pretending they're practically the same is just silly.

But ignoring the lotto portion, it's not constantly happening. It's a handful of lucky events. Millions/Hundreds of Thousands aren't having this happen to them, or at least aren't reporting it.
    Last edited by Lime; 2016-09-26 at 06:10 AM. Reason: English, what is it?

10+ Year Old Account

Actually, yes. If the lottery was being drawn several times a second, then yes, someone would probably win two times in a row. That's how random works.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    It was still RNG, just heavily biased RNG. But still RNG. Until it's 100%, it's always RNG. I'm not saying that it's not bugged. It very well could still be, I wouldn't be surprised. But it still is and will almost always still be RNG until they make it guaranteed.
    No point to have RNG on top of RNG. Give one player a 1/1000 chance, another 1/50 and the others 1/7......yeah great !

The fact that there was a bug on the RNG that determine who gets a legendary or not is very worrying. It means that their RNG system is completely broken from the ground up. Extremely worrying considering that this very system is the fucking fondation of this xpac, RNG !