Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tell me about it. Spent 500k gold today buying pots for the next 2-3weeks since it has not been dropping and the AH stock is getting lower and only the expensive stuff is there. High pop server (Ravencrest-Alliance).

Old war Pots are now 1700, Agility Flasks 3k-4k.

Stockpiled when they were 650g, and 1.2k for flask.

Glad I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Blizzard won't interfere with realm economy.
    If I recall correctly Draenor potions initially required crafted fish oil and meats, but were later changed to just require a handful of herbs. If they could be bothered to change it back in Draenor (when you could buy everything in your own garrison), I don't see why they wouldn't change it now. Having simple potions require Starlight Rose is a bit over the top, just like needing up to 7 of them for a single flask.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Pretty sure it was always like this before WoD, people are just spoiled as shit.
    No it wasnt, consumables have been cheap af since at least wotlk.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

i personally love the prices i have had a cashflow of atleast 8million gold and im sitting on a solid pile too right now. i had 220k when legion launched, get off your ass and put some time into it if you want to have consumables instead of whining.

as of right now im selling 375 haste food for 8500g a stack and its costs 3750ish gold pr stack to make buying mats from AH LUL takes 2 days to sell about 75 stacks.

Deleted
    Flasks are not an issue. They may be a bit expensive right now but that will drop. They arent so bad to make.

Pots however are fucking ridiculus.

1 put is roughly half the mats of a flash........ what?

The mat cost of pots need to be put down by an insane amount.

Like at most 1 of 3 different herbs.

Pots are something you pop. Whenever. They arent supposed to be so expensive.

Simple supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Did blizzard announce any plans to do something about this?

On my high pop realm, a single potion of deadly grace costs 1200 Gold. Nobody can afford this. Looking at the single prices, i am not surprised people resort to botting

Starlight rose 250 Gold each

Fjarnskaggle 150 Gold each

Its pretty much impossible to supply the entire Raid with pots and flasks. It was never like this before, and i have to be absolutely honest: I considered botting myself. Spending every day multiple hours to get MAYBE a stack fjarnskaggle(constantly despawns, very low spawnrate) is draining the life out of me, especially since i also still have to do the AP grind every day and other stuff.
    Tell that to the people buying em from me like candy. This is the result of floods of money from WoD, your best bet is to saddle up and make some coin from the whales, Making ~100k a day right now picking flowers.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First Raid night doing Normal and Guild said if we didn't enchant our gear we weren't raiding. Spent 17k on a neck enchant and others just left. Didn't raid the 2nd night, no intention of spending almost 60k for consumables. Potions at 1k and Flasks at 4k, 40 Potions and 3 Flasks isn't exactly cheap right now. I'd rather level my own Alchemist/Herbalist than pay these prices.

Pretty crazy right now, but as others have said, the dust will settle and things will smooth out.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

The main problem is starlight rose. The fact that you need 7 per flask and you only get 1 per node is really stupid.

Before complaining about flasks take some things into mind;

It is the beginning of an expansion, everything you need is always more expensive at these times.

Supply and demand runs the economy, when raids open flasks are in demand.

Like all professions to get the best recipes require max level and mythic dungeons and or raid bosses. To get to the point where you can make flasks you have to do a quest to make 10 of each high end potion that require 2 of the star flower + other ingredients each and once made the quest removes them from your inventory. To get the alchemy parts for these recipes you have to do 4 heroic dungeons and a mythic dungeon. Just to be able to get the flask recipes an alchemist has to burn 80 star flowed which on my server went for 300 gold each not to mention other ingredients.
    Gone are the days of a level 101 alt with max crafting and all recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Gone are the days of a level 101 alt with max crafting and all recipes.
    And whoever decided it should be like this can go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Blizzard won't interfere with realm economy.

Haha what?!

They will just put up some vendor at some point where you can unload your points you have farmed and have no use for anymore on potions or materials. This happens every single time. And it will probably fix it by itself somehow. Prices are always ridiculous at the beginning.

You think garissons didn't interfere with realm economy? And selling gold?

Deleted
    Never seen an expansion this bad before.

First heroic raid last night (we did normal on Wednesday so pots etc weren't required) and so we were obviously flasked, food buffed and prepotting + potting once during the fight and at just over 2000g per potion and 3500g per flask a single night cost me about 75,000 gold.

Blizz needs to introduce this blood trader early, almost everyone I know - even those with time to farm a lot of their mats is struggling with maintaining this level of gold outflow and/or time input for farming.

Thank god I joined a 2 day raiding guild this expansion and didn't stick to 4

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Its a joke at the moment. THey need to add more herbs out in the world.
    More herbs? All the expensive herbs are easily farmed, I dont really get why is it so expensive, when the herb farming is like ten times easier then in previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by pkhs View Post
    And whoever decided it should be like this can go to hell.
    Yeah, most alt unfriendly expansion so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Its pretty much impossible to supply the entire Raid with pots and flasks. It was never like this before, and i have to be absolutely honest: I considered botting myself.
    I did, earned like 150k gold in less than 10 or so hours. Well, now I have flasks, food, pots, runes... np.
    Blizzard, you brought this on yourself.

Should i drop bsmith/engi on my rogue alt and get herb/alch?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    More herbs? All the expensive herbs are easily farmed, I dont really get why is it so expensive, when the herb farming is like ten times easier then in previous expansions.
    because even the poorest people came into legion with 100k

its basic inflation

Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    Never seen an expansion this bad before.

First heroic raid last night (we did normal on Wednesday so pots etc weren't required) and so we were obviously flasked, food buffed and prepotting + potting once during the fight and at just over 2000g per potion and 3500g per flask a single night cost me about 75,000 gold.

Blizz needs to introduce this blood trader early, almost everyone I know - even those with time to farm a lot of their mats is struggling with maintaining this level of gold outflow and/or time input for farming.

Thank god I joined a 2 day raiding guild this expansion and didn't stick to 4
    I do like 1 hour of herb farming per day, which is enough for me to get flasks and pots for raid for myself even after selling half of the mats for fat money. If you dont wanna buy it, just get an herbalist and spend 30 mins farming mats for your raid stuff...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    because even the poorest people came into legion with 100k

its basic inflation
    But it is relatively expensive even if you account the inflation. Maybe there is just not enough herbalists out there...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagorath View Post
    Lolwhat ? That's why irl there is no pure (wild) capitalism pretty much anywhere ?
    AnCap has never been tried!
    State go away, I demand my rights back so I can have child-suicide bombers defend my coke factory!