Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should Youtube ban insane videos or just ignore them?

its hard to keep thinking straight wen there is so much crazy stuff on the internet these days.

do you think Youtube should ban/delete anti-intelligence videos or just leave them?

2 examples below:

should youtube ban these on basis of being absolutely insane & ridiculous / or leave them? I think if youtube leaves up this stuff it makes its site look crazy

1. Flat-Earth video (insane)

2. Holocause denier video (also insane)

Liked and subscribed.

just ignore them.

there needs to be an internet platform where anyone can say or make any video they want, as long as they aren't like killing things for sexual pleasure or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore them. People who say shit like this do more damage to themselves when seen talking than we could do trying to block them. As long as they dont advocate violence against someone let them be idiots.

15+ Year Old Account
    Youtube is a great media platform, don't go ruining it with over-zealous censoring.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it would certainly remove a lot of stupid content from both sides of politics. Which would be nice. But Freedom of speech is important regardless of how insanely fucking stupid you are.

Though imagine a Youtube without Lacey Green or Anna Sarkeesian. Would nearly be worth it.

Deleted
    Today's millenials or atleast some of them have strange censoring inclinations! You guys want to return to Stalin's era yes?
    If its insane it cant harm you yes? No one believes that bullshit holocaust denier yes? Then why ban it?

I'm all for it. As long as we can make a slight detour and ban any thread or video that contains the words "Should Ban" before we do so.

Deleted
    Like most platforms youtube operates based on cookies or browsing history. -> not entirely sure which one it is, most probably a combination of both.

If stupid videos offered on the front page, then it is because you look them or related contents up more often than other contents.

Quote Originally Posted by archimonde9999 View Post
    its hard to keep thinking straight wen there is so much crazy stuff on the internet these days.

do you think Youtube should ban/delete anti-intelligence videos or just leave them?

2 examples below:

should youtube ban these on basis of being absolutely insane & ridiculous / or leave them? I think if youtube leaves up this stuff it makes its site look crazy

1. Flat-Earth video (insane)

2. Holocause denier video (also insane)

Of course not. Free speech is a powerful subject and any retarded opinion, even one such as yours, should be allowed to have a voice. No company should take a part in trying to push it's bias. That said, they certainly can and I believe they have the right to, but I think it is silly to, both politically and economically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Like most platforms youtube operates based on cookies or browsing history. -> not entirely sure which one it is, most probably a combination of both.

If stupid videos offered on the front page, then it is because you look them or related contents up more often than other contents.
    You do not understand, these guys want to censor. They want to censor everything they do not agree with, the tolerant mother fuckers.
    Havent you seen that good Youtube Heroes? Imagine what will happen, you will be forced to watch feminsit and leftist videos from here on, you dont like it you are free to leave the fucking internet. Its a free world so fuck off the internet (or atleast youtube) if you dont like the feminists, thats how these guys understand free speech!
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2016-09-26 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    You do not understand, these guys want to censor. They want to censor everything they do not agree with, the tolerant mother fuckers.
    It's the product of social media and the internet age where you can just ignore or block anyone who says something you dislike. It is the ultimate level of close-mindedness and division of the people.

10+ Year Old Account
    The danger with that is what can happen when what's deemed "insanity" is expanded upon by the political leanings at Google to more politically relevant subjects, than the idiots who are holocaust deniers, truthers, flat earthers and so on. Just ignore any videos that promotes insane conspiracy theories and let youtube be the way it is now.

I'm not particularly right leaning by any political standards, but there's a risk here that content who's only fault is that doesn't line up with the views of the regressive left might get removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I'm not particularly right leaning by any political standards, but there's a risk here that content who's only fault is that doesn't line up with the views of the regressive left might get removed.
    Oh you think so?

Now be a good guy and dont vote or support far right they are too extreme, vote center right, or w/e pacified dead trash there are that do not want to upset the left too much.

Edit:You are from Sweden? damn hope i didnt trigger you too much with the far right, we dont want to be racist now do we? Now get on helping those refugees immediately!
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2016-09-26 at 08:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Censorship is a slippery slope.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Freedom of Speech.

Yes, those people are insane but who are they hurting with this? Nobody with half a brain.

But seeing how Google is doing things atm I wouldn't be surprised, if you get your wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    Oh you think so?

Now be a good guy and dont vote or support far right they are too extreme, vote center right, or w/e pacified dead trash there are that do not want to upset the left too much.

Edit:You are from Sweden? damn hope i didnt trigger you too much with the far right, we dont want to be racist now do we? Now get on helping those refugees immediately!
    I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here, I wouldn't even be using the term "regressive left" if I were one of those loonies that think unrestricted immigration etc is a good thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here, I wouldn't even be using the term "regressive left" if I were one of those loonies that think unrestricted immigration etc is a good thing.
    Who the fuck knows, after i saw Sweden i stood in awe for 30 mins right before i got something to drink.
    Unrestricted immigration? Thought Immigration, period, is bad at the state where Sweden is, with 70% ethnics left.
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2016-09-26 at 08:45 AM.

You counter stupidity with information, not with ignorance. Repressing holocaust-deniers simply reinforces their view that they are on to a conspiracy, and it is not like making holocaust-denial illegal has had much success in getting rid of it - it just makes it very hard to have a discussion about the facts.

Everybody has a right to say what they believe no matter how fucking stupid and people have a right to make videos or to write to criticize those who do free from censorship.

Thats how free speech should always work IMO!