Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So what now? :( - The neverending balance of dps.

So now im gonna spent a shitload of Artifact power to respec fury? - or what to do if u want to bring the most dps for your raidbuddies?

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

Don't dig to much into it unless you're in a very hardcore raiding guild or you will go crazy. Seriously. Play whatever you find fun, we're in a one hell of a balance rollercoaster now.

1. It's just sims, it doesn't have exactly impact on your DPS.
    2. The difference between Arms and Fury is so small that I wouldn't even think about respeccing, that's ridiculous.
    3. I'm 100% sure that Blizzard didn't yet finish tuning up specs.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2016-09-26 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    lol the difference between Arms and Fury on that sim you linked is 4k..... You're gonna respec over 4k difference? wow....

Deleted
    The problem is that i have always found Fury the most fun spec to play, but since im such a DPS whore i have played arms this exp so far, because it simmed higher..

So now im going to use 30K artifact power to reroll fury? and then get butt fucked when they balance the next time or what Hate blizz at this point...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgee View Post
    The problem is that i have always found Fury the most fun spec to play, but since im such a DPS whore i have played arms this exp so far, because it simmed higher..

So now im going to use 30K artifact power to reroll fury? and then get butt fucked when they balance the next time or what Hate blizz at this point...
    Really, you brought that on yourself by going for the best spec atm instead of the one you find the most fun.. I mean, it wasn't really unknown how the artifact power works.

Other than that, I can just say, be happy it isn't say.. 50k artifact power..

7+ Year Old Account

Unless if you are completly new player, then you would know that Blizzard does some hard nerfs and buffs every single patch That is why you see so many people say " play the spec you like", since the top dps class might change completly from patch to patch You should really have stayed Fury if that is the spec, which you enjoy the most You would proberly be able to squeeze more dps out of that spec by playing it over several months, then just switching every 1-2 months to the spec which does the highest dps in sims.

Example: I am playing an assa rogue. They are doing way worse on sims then Outlaw. Yet i am beating 2 outlaw rogues in my guild on all fights, because i am very used to the spec and have focused on it since the change in Legion pre-patch
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

This is where you made wrong decision.

30k is not that bad, I've seen people with ~50k or even more on their DH, but still - it's about 1-2% DPS difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Example: I am playing an assa rogue. They are doing way worse on sims then Outlaw. Yet i am beating 2 outlaw rogues in my guild on all fights, because i am very used to the spec and have focused on it since the change in Legion pre-patch
    ...and this is where I think I made wrong decision. Though I get used how to play Outlaw.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2016-09-26 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    I mean... I think I AM going to respecc fury since the ST is now almost the same and AoE is much much much better...
    (and I only have 14 points in Arms artifact anyway - the issue will be learning to play )

If you consider yourself a "DPS whore" then you should be ready to change spec or even class every new balance patch.

Honestly I agree with others that you should play what you consider fun, in any case unless you are a hardcore raider your spec should be viable for most content even if it's not at the top of the charts.
    Also the difference in the sim you posted is really laughable...

Deleted
    Well i have played Fury since the launch of MoP - so i pretty familiar with the spec

But yes, maybe i have made the wrong dicision, so maybe i should just reroll fury and cry when arms sims higher again - atleast im playing what is fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hanede View Post
    If you consider yourself a "DPS whore" then you should be ready to change spec or even class every new balance patch.
    I will never play anything else than warrior

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Assuming the sims are correct (and they are not, by miles) you'll still perform better as arms. Remember not every fight is patchwerk

Deleted
    but since im such a DPS whore i have played arms this exp so far, because it simmed higher..
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    This is where you made wrong decision.
    Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    ...and this is where I think I made wrong decision. Though I get used how to play Outlaw.
    That sucks mate. I feared I wouldn't get used to Outlaw either so I'm glad I didn't hop on the Outlaw bandwagon and played what I like which is Sub. Might not be topping meters but I'm not doing that bad. Top 5 at least and Sub will get buffed a bit (15% to Evis, 15% to Nightblade and some much needed AoE buffs in Shuriken Storm) so I'm very hopeful

Good luck getting the hang of Outlaw. I can't do it...

Well i have played Fury since the launch of MoP - so i pretty familiar with the spec

But yes, maybe i have made the wrong dicision, so maybe i should just reroll fury and cry when arms sims higher again - atleast im playing what is fun

- - - Updated - - -

I will never play anything else than warrior
    Then it's easy, you should put AP and relics in both of your warrior DPS specs so you can easily swap according to balance patches, or even according to what content you are playing (best st for raiding, best aoe for dungeons etc.).
    Think of it this way: now you are changing to fury, but if in a future patch arms becomes better again, you will be able to switch and you'll already have the AP invested into it.
    As a lot of people have pointed out in the forums, keeping two specs is pretty reasonable (there was a chart showing only main spec v/s main and off spec and the difference in time was very small).

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Assuming the sims are correct (and they are not, by miles) you'll still perform better as arms. Remember not every fight is patchwerk
    But Furry is stronger then Arms on non patchwerk fights right? now whit the EtW nerf Arms got no target switching what so ever. I agree with the ppl here though that you should not stare yourself blind on sims but if Furry sims higher on a ST patchwerk fight, should that not be a bit worrying?

As far as I remember Arms had upper hand only on fights where there is a sustained Cleave, like 2 mini boss etc? Which we, in current tier, have like zero?

If that's still the case, than Fury will certainly perform better in any other non-patcherk encounter in EN. Provided this sims is anywhere near real raid situation.

Deleted
    I have already dumped 13 points into Fury (my third spec), gonna spend at least 7 more in it. AP isn't a big deal. I just hope master>versa=haste>crit will work well in all three specs.

Arms without procs is pure cancer. Smashing 100k slams hoping for a procc, while sitting on 3/3 FR and CS on CD is just painful. I do hope that they will shift at least some ETW% we lost to baseline and arms will remain slightly better on ST.

Honestly I'm just glad that now I can go back fury and dual wield my polearms. Plus arms is pretty dull unless you're FR, and FR is like having a snotty ginger kid following you around asking to play games on your phone. A soulless spec, indeed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    When tuning is done, I expect both speccs to perform close to each other with their respective niches they excell in. Since no accurate sims are available at the moment, tuning isn´t finalized and thus we have no idea how both speccs will turn out, stick to whatever you enjoy most. Neither of the speccs will be so bad, that you don´t want them in your raid, even if you are a top raiding guild. And even IF that will be the case, you can still panic then and pump artifact power to redistribute traits, you don´t have to go crazy at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, you were playing the spec you found the most fun and not following ever changing, fickle sims, right? If so, you wont have an issue! You'll still be enjoying whatever you're playing!

Unless...
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.