Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    1.: They don't spot you right away.
    2.: Each detection field has an X amount of time to cast a spell to see you.
    3.: There is items sold by very few NPC's which can help you navigate past some areas.
    4.: There are small red baskets you can hide in from the guards, as well as re-apply your disguise.
    5.: They have a short leash, and you can run away from them.
    6.: KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN!
    7.: Demons (Green detection fields) discover you faster than Shal'dorei.

I can't tell you more, these points is what you need to know.
    SO much this, especially #3 and #4.. I dunno how people complain about detection in suramar really, like can we have something slightly challenging in this game plz..

Deleted
    I absolute loved Suramar until I done the rumour has it quest, think it was called that. Now I tend to spend as little time in the city as possible

My problem was fucking navigating that area. The rumor quest in specific.... I'd get to the area it says to and oh look at that, the NPC is actually a level up.

"What's that? You see stairs nearby? One, those stairs are swarmed with guards, and 2, guess what they just loop you back around because fuck you. Go to the center to get a level up or whistle out, you casual shit." -Blizz designing Suramar city. The place is designed like a maze in the eastern section.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    These do not exist in the ELITE areas which is what the OP is asking about.

Best advice I can give is to run in water areas, the big fountain area in the elite area is a good safe spot, the NPC's will not follow you in there and reset. As suggested by others, there are a few NPC's who sell items for Ancient Mana that help in the elite area as well. Avoid Demons, they detect almost instantly but the regular NPC's take a few seconds. It's definitely an annoying area because of there not being any baskets to hide in but once you figure out what areas the NPC's will not follow, it's pretty simple to avoid them.
    I know the OP was talking about the elite area, but I gave the points as general for Suramar City, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I absolute loved Suramar until I done the rumour has it quest, think it was called that. Now I tend to spend as little time in the city as possible
    Yeah, the rumour quest was mean..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I know the OP was talking about the elite area, but I gave the points as general for Suramar City, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the rumour quest was mean..
    What I don't understand is that the previous quest to kill a non elite easy guy, was flagged as group, the follow up rumours one, had no group icon. Unless it was interference from an add on, as it didn't show on mine

10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't understand is that the previous quest to kill a non elite easy guy, was flagged as group, the follow up rumours one, had no group icon. Unless it was interference from an add on, as it didn't show on mine
    I think the rumour one could've been done by buying those items to help you through the city.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    See Gehco's post. It's almost like you don't know anything about the zone, but honestly that's ok. I don't want to sound insulting when I question why you are having so many problems, but honestly it's not difficult. You just need to be educated in how everything works. Gehco stated a lot of the important details. Once you get far enough in, you also have a grappling hook like in Stormheim to help.
    I mean hell half the people on my server don't seem to know about grappling in the non elite area for the ancient mana.

Deleted
    Well to be honest, that quest line is the only reason to do Suramar. Now that you've done it, there's no point in it.

Deleted
    I think the rumour one could've been done by buying those items to help you through the city.
    Yeah I tried the items , but for one of them it made no difference, as npc in a building near guards as well as an elite demon inside the building, didn't have enough time as just as I was about to talk, the demon agree, swiftly followed by the guards.
    Luckily I had chance to talk to npc, die and had to spirit Rez, no way I was getting my corpse back lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Well to be honest, that quest line is the only reason to do Suramar. Now that you've done it, there's no point in it.
    Yup, must admit, now I've unlocked the dungeons, only doing the WQ emmisary, then will wait till patch for next part of it
    Kinda worried in patch notes they said more elite demons added to the city, with not only instant detection but also roots you....

The density of NPCs with detection is simply too high. The only people I see waltzing through suramar without any difficulty are tanks who are grossly overtuned at the moment but that's another topic.

Sub rogues are basically built to move around surumar with sap, blind, throwing dagger CC, 3second sprint vanish, noggenfogger vanish and normal vanish. Yet several times I've been unmasked and killed due to NPC detection overlapping so heavily especially in the elite part of east surumar. I feel sorry for my friends questing in that zone because it's painful for anyone who isn't a tank or a rogue.

7+ Year Old Account
    its group content, group up and then do it.

if its really not possible try to skip as many guards as possible by walking over them on the building or swim in the canals.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Like all eliteczones and quests, they are designed to be done with a group.
    I honestly think this is the only advice you should know about.

You could do it on your own, but the risks of something going wrong are insanely huge. Really not worth the try.

Deleted
    Some stationary NPCs don't dispel disguise even though they have eye over their heads. There are always ways to get through Suramar without being detected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I tried the items , but for one of them it made no difference, as npc in a building near guards as well as an elite demon inside the building, didn't have enough time as just as I was about to talk, the demon agree, swiftly followed by the guards.
    Luckily I had chance to talk to npc, die and had to spirit Rez, no way I was getting my corpse back lol
    Well, I did the paladin tactic. I ran in to take all aggro, my GF talked to the npc (it is shared) and then we ran for our lives to the next npc. Hehe.

Deleted
    Well, I did the paladin tactic. I ran in to take all aggro, my GF talked to the npc (it is shared) and then we ran for our lives to the next npc. Hehe.
    Done that for a Guildie , ran in on Pala, cons, bubble, waited till they got it, then let myself die whilst he vanished
    Only to find out he didn't get credit. Biggest face palm of the day lol

what are the vendor NPC name(s) and item name(s) that helps you with detection?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    The density of NPCs with detection is simply too high. The only people I see waltzing through suramar without any difficulty are tanks who are grossly overtuned at the moment but that's another topic.

Sub rogues are basically built to move around surumar with sap, blind, throwing dagger CC, 3second sprint vanish, noggenfogger vanish and normal vanish. Yet several times I've been unmasked and killed due to NPC detection overlapping so heavily especially in the elite part of east surumar. I feel sorry for my friends questing in that zone because it's painful for anyone who isn't a tank or a rogue.
    You forget hunters.

The ability to feign death - remask on a 30 sc cooldown is a complete gamechanger in Suramar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    You can mount. Who doesn't have a repair mount by now??
    Sure I have one. But why bother if I'm going to keep dying and the repairs will just keep stacking up.
    Cool as a cucumber.