Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WotLK reps felt funner than Legion reps.

In WotLK you had 8 reps at start: Argent Crusade, Knights of the Ebon Blade, Kirin Tor, Kalu'ak, The Wyrmrest Accord, The Sons of Hodir, The Oracles, Frenzyheart tribe and a generic Horde / Alliance smash faction.

3 of those rewarded pretty sweet mounts.
    Others rewarded naxx10 equivalent gear.

For some of them you had to run a relatively low number of dungeons to get to exalted. For others you had to run dailies for a week or two. None were too grindy.

Enter Legion. 6 reps, none of which reward anything noteworthy, since heroic warforged / titanforged / whateverforged gear outperforms them by far and mounts are nowhere to be found.

And the only way to get rep is to crush some nuts for 75 rep

Really? All I remember from WotLK reps was throwing on a tabard and blowing through dungeons. How is that fun?

Granted I'm not the biggest fan of the way they did reps in Legion, but IMO the reps in Wrath were easily some of the most forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Really? All I remember from WotLK reps was throwing on a tabard and blowing through dungeons. How is that fun?

Granted I'm not the biggest fan of the way they did reps in Legion, but IMO the reps in Wrath were easily some of the most forgettable.
    If you actually read his post... he was referring to the rewards

Deleted
    There are a couple revered rewards that are completely hilarious; for example, Wardens give you an ilvl 820 boots for revered. Revered Wardens. I mean come on. If you don't have 820 by then, something has gone really wrong. Farondis also gives you an ilvl 820 cloak for revered, although Farondis is, to be fair, easier to get to revered than Wardens. Still, useless. Nightfallen gives an ilvl 840 neck for Revered, and I believe there's an ilvl 850 item for exalted from one of the factions.

But yeah, the gear they give is like 99% useless.

They do have recipes, shoulder enchants, toys and shit though.

Stop making new words, funner is not a word. Also i don't see how it was more fun-

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-09-26 at 05:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I like when grinding reputations used to be completely optional, and that they had special cosmetic rewards that were worth doing like the Kalu'aks fishing pole and the cosmetics from Frenzyhearth/Oracles when you get both factions to exalted at some point (not at once, which is impossible).

Quote Originally Posted by mottaman View Post
    If you actually read his post... he was referring to the rewards
    I don't agree in that, either, though. Exalted gives only 850s, sure, but there are many more toys, profession recipe ranks and cosmetic rewards this time around. The issue with the WotLK reps is that they were so damn easy that anything obtained from them was done so forgettably fast.

WOTLK is obviously better. Doing 5 mans, which was fun + good dailies...Back then you also did dailies for gold too, don't lie...you did that as well, it was good income, if you weren't a AH tycoon (My AH fun came a bit later lol!) yet

Also the rewards was actually good. Kinda like cata reps...could use the epics early on...Anyway nothing will beat Earthwarden from cenarion rep in TBC...All feral druids wanted that weapon early on in TBC.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I don't agree in that, either, though. Exalted gives only 850s, sure, but there are many more toys, profession recipe ranks and cosmetic rewards this time around. The issue with the WotLK reps is that they were so damn easy that anything obtained from them was done so forgettably fast.
    I don't love the idea of professions tied to rep, but others might disagree.

Are there even any mounts from rep vendors this time around? I know the silly fox one is out there, but are there any others?

Reps were sacrificed to WQ system. They have no identity, no rewards, nothing.

One thing tho: I love the derpy WQs. I think the nuts crushing quest is actually funny. Same with Su'esh. They're good, fun to do even for the third time. Well, NOT for 75 rep, they're instaskip for me then.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-09-26 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    WOTLK is obviously better. Doing 5 mans, which was fun
    Really? I vividly recall many complaints about the Occulus, the long RP of CoS, the halls of stone (or lightning...) Brann boss, the Frozen halls first boss trash, and the vehicle fight in the Argent tournament dungeon. I enjoyed them all, maybe you did too but the vast majority did not.

-Grim

WotLK was more of a drag

Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post
    Really? I vividly recall many complaints about the Occulus, the long RP of CoS, the halls of stone (or lightning...) Brann boss, the Frozen halls first boss trash, and the vehicle fight in the Argent tournament dungeon. I enjoyed them all, maybe you did too but the vast majority did not.

-Grim
    WotLK dungeons were fun though. New dungeons are trash and slightly angrier trash (bosses).

Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post

-Grim
    WOTLK spanned over long time. But every patch 5 mans had some new welfare things, so you could get rep then, slowly over time, if you wanted. I was aiming for a super early dated exalted title, so I grinded a lot (Which netted me a date some time before 2010 :>) - but for ppl who wouldent...no stress, rep would come.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I think I found that approach more fun getting 1000 rep a dungeon than banging my head up against the wall farming 2000 mana and training withered for 400 rep every few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    In WotLK you had 8 reps at start: Argent Crusade, Knights of the Ebon Blade, Kirin Tor, Kalu'ak, The Wyrmrest Accord, The Sons of Hodir, The Oracles, Frenzyheart tribe and a generic Horde / Alliance smash faction.

3 of those rewarded pretty sweet mounts.
    Others rewarded naxx10 equivalent gear.

For some of them you had to run a relatively low number of dungeons to get to exalted. For others you had to run dailies for a week or two. None were too grindy.

Enter Legion. 6 reps, none of which reward anything noteworthy, since heroic warforged / titanforged / whateverforged gear outperforms them by far and mounts are nowhere to be found.

And the only way to get rep is to crush some nuts for 75 rep
    you also didn't have battle pets and toys in wrath which legion does, personally I would like more sources for rep but I'm fine with the rep system being a something you need to actively work for, the biggest complaint is rank 3 patterns at exalted but thats more of meh crafting system then anything.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I don't love the idea of professions tied to rep, but others might disagree.

Are there even any mounts from rep vendors this time around? I know the silly fox one is out there, but are there any others?
    I don't think so, unless you're counting the future Manasaber mount that will supposedly require exalted with Nightfallen to go after.

I don't mind that though, personally. Mounts are cool and all but if the reps are going to be easy and passive like they are in Legion I'd prefer they make them something more interesting like the fox mount.

To be entirely honest, through my time with WoW, which starts at the end of TBC till now, the only time I ever felt factions were ever very interesting was in MoP, where each faction had a conclusive and interesting story that progressed further the more rep chokepoints you hit with the dailies. The factions were legitimately interesting, had neat lore, and were well written enough for me to want to see their conclusions to the end.

Reward wise, they've all gotten progressively worse each expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I think I found that approach more fun getting 1000 rep a dungeon than banging my head up against the wall farming 2000 mana and training withered for 400 rep every few days.
    That's an extremely broad and one-sided comparison of the two rep systems and is ignoring the fact that you not only get rep from dungeons this expansion, but also from WQs.

If you want to be done with something fast through mindless grinding then yeah, obviously the WotLK one was better. But I don't even really feel like it could be argued that it was better designed. I was done with the entire expansion's release reps in a few weeks and never thought of them again.

Scratch that, even WoD reps felt funner.