Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    Because people like you will call them an ugly whore if they don't
    well that escalated quickly.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Well, it depends on the shoe. I like strappy sandals, but I have really small feet, and they tend to be a little wider proportionally than most of that size, so it's hard to find shoes that look/fit right that are really nice. They do make your butt/legs look nicer, but honestly, that's not a huge plus for me, because my butt/legs look quite nice in flats/sneakers/sandals. On the plus side, I do like that they make me a bit taller. At 4'11", I feel like I'm more often seen as an armrest than anything else, so even adding a couple of inches to my height is really nice for me. My interest/lack of interest in heels generally revolves around whether there are cool or cute designs for the straps.

I will say this though. I much prefer flip-flops in general.
    Last edited by Polyxo; 2016-09-26 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Heels? They improve their look and make their legs and body look more appealing, thus attracting male attention and, in turn, fulfilling the most basic raw desires we as a surviving species have.
    That's what the companies selling the shoes probably say, but as a male, they look like you're standing on your tip toes and are in pain. That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    There is literally no male clothing item that will literally damage your body the way that uncomfortable shoes do.

Prove me wrong.
    Ties.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3104093.stm

There are also concerns ranging from the general lack of wisdom involved in wearing a silk (relatively strong stuff) noose around your neck to worries about where that tie has been -- see, http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=99526
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Wasn't a very good attempt...
    I know ....

Most of the time it is because we look cute in them. That being said, my grandmother gave me an early lecture on what a lifetime of wearing heels does to your feet (she has permanent hammertoes and other foot ailments from daily use) so I wear them rarely.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3512091.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Heels are only uncomfortable if you don't wear them often. Your leg and feet will adjust to them over time.

You'll have to be more specific of you're talking about other kinds of shoes.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Heels are only uncomfortable if you don't wear them often. Your leg and feet will adjust to them over time.
    It's actually worse for your body if you wear them daily, that "adjustment" can cause permanent pain and toe disfigurement. It also causes back damage.

Please don't spread blatantly false misinformation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That's what the companies selling the shoes probably say, for me personally, they look like you're standing on your tip toes and are in pain. That's it.
    Fixed that for ya.

I love the way a woman looks in heels. Sexy as hell!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I find proper slacks/suit pants to be way more comfortable than jeans. Don't know why ties still exist though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It's actually worse for your body if you wear them daily, that "adjustment" can cause permanent pain and toe disfigurement. It also causes back damage.

Please don't spread blatantly false misinformation.
    Right back at ya, since you know, you're wrong. The toe disfigurement comes from wearing the wrong size or shape of shoe. Considering feet come in far more shapes and sizes then shoes, not everyone is going to be able to wear the stock shoe. Permanent pain comes from again: wearing the wrong shoe. Not everyone's foot, or leg, or back was created equal. It is by absolutely ZERO means a universal outcome from wearing heels. As for "back damage" yes it changes your posture, if that damages your back well again: this is by no means common or universal.

Most women report pain from wearing heels because they DONT wear them regularly. They wear them a couple days a month and then complain about how painful it is, yeah, 'cause you're not used to it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    I don't own a single pair of heels. Never did, and possibly never will. I generally don't think they look good on me at all.
    I'd rather stick to some flat boots or sneakers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only one real answer: Self hatred
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

It's a way men have objectified women, and for some reason they still put up with the discomfort.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Right back at ya, since you know, you're wrong.
    I'm not going to argue with you about nonsense, there is more than enough information on the internet for you. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why do guys wear uncomfortable suits? And don't tell me they're comfortable. Compare it to wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
    I hate wearing suits and ties. Which sucks, because my chosen profession kind of requires it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    It's a way men have objectified women, and for some reason they still put up with the discomfort.
    Really? Were you aware that originally Heels were part of male fashion? This is the matriarchy! They stole our fashion!

how dare you assume what is uncomfortable or not

10+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-heeled_footwear

According to the Wiki page (take it for what it's worth) There are positive and negative effects to wearing heels.

Who cares, let them continue to do so especially those with amazing legs.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.