10+ Year Old Account
    Matty Ice roll out on 3rd and 1

Dan Quinn really took the Seattle philosophy with him to Atlanta.

keystone cops moment

10+ Year Old Account
    De'Vante Harris we hardly knew ye

10+ Year Old Account
    This might turn into a good old fashioned shoot out. I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    These fuckin refs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    This might turn into a good old fashioned shoot out. I like it.
    It's boring, I'm bored of it

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I mean, we did just stomp the supposedly #1 ranked team in the league (according to power rankings) 34-3, so I think it looks good so far. THESE LAST FEW YEARS HAVE BEEN HARD FOR US, LET ME HAVE THIS

Chip Kelly did a number on us...
    At what point do we start considering the Eagles as one of the top teams in the league, or at least the NFC? They say the good teams beat teams they're supposed to beat, which they did pretty easily. Then no one have them a chance against the Steelers and look how that turned out. Obviously it's a small sample size, but so far they have the #1 scoring offense and #1 defense in terms of points allowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of teams have started 3-0, it's a good place to be, but are you familiar with the concept of hubris?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It's boring, I'm bored of it
    Yeah, if all you see when you watch your team play is shoot outs, I guess it gets tiresome and you long for the day when you have a functioning defense. But on a Monday night with nothing else to watch, I'd rather have 2 teams that can't defend than 2 teams that can't score.

10+ Year Old Account
    More quality officiating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of teams have started 3-0, it's a good place to be, but are you familiar with the concept of hubris?
    September-October is pretty much preseason anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PunisherV20 View Post
    At what point do we start considering the Eagles as one of the top teams in the league, or at least the NFC? They say the good teams beat teams they're supposed to beat, which they did pretty easily. Then no one have them a chance against the Steelers and look how that turned out. Obviously it's a small sample size, but so far they have the #1 scoring offense and #1 defense in terms of points allowed.
    I'm sure the team itsself will be grounded enough and wave all the superlatives off, but as an outsider it;s frankly a bit annoying that the Eagles suddenly get all the hype in the world, especially where it concerns Wentz. No joke, I read a quote about him that literally said "He's Peyton Manning before the snap and Aaron Rodgers after it". I mean, that's just absurd. And it's not just that one comment, there's dozens of them like it.

On the flipside, it's entirely possible that the Eagles will have a Carolina 2015 season, where everything just clicks and they steam roll through their schedule on the way to the playoffs. As a team that went 7-9 last year, had HUGE turnover in both personnel and coaching, you have to forgive people for being sceptical about a 3-0 start.

October will be the defining month for the Eagles. At the Lions (doable), At Washington (harder), Vikings at home (do or die game if they want to compete in the NFC) and lastly At the Cowboys (another away game against an division rival). 3 away games and a game against a proven playoff team that looks to be one of the teams to beat in the NFC. If the Eagles can get through October and produce wins, then sure, then it becomes time to take them seriously.

For what it's worth, I think the Eagles are the team to beat in the NFC East. Defense wins championships, and the Eagles seem to have the best defense in the division, with an offense that could easily match it.

Assuming if the Refs call out a wrong player for a penalty (When one clearly occured but they called the wrong number) it will be corrected and put on the right person after the game as far as stats/records go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Assuming if the Refs call out a wrong player for a penalty (When one clearly occured but they called the wrong number) it will be corrected and put on the right person after the game as far as stats/records go?
    I assume they review all of that when they're giving out fines and such.

edit - furthermore they probably check on these things during the game since they have new rules relating to ejections for multiple offenses

- - - Updated - - -

Oh good, Byrd is hurt, thats the entire secondary injured.
    Last edited by draynay; 2016-09-27 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh good, Byrd is hurt, thats the entire secondary injured.
    I read that like something like 7 starters for the Saints were out for this game? Crazy number this early in the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read that like something like 7 starters for the Saints were out for this game? Crazy number this early in the season.
    Breaux
    Williams
    Vaccaro
    Armstead
    Ellerbe
    Rankins
    Snead

woohoo

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints really can't seem to stop anything. This looks bad for them unless Payton can find something to inspire them with and the Falcons take the foot off the gas and let the Saints mount a come back.

Saints have almost as many injuries as the Colts have had in their secondary, that is kind of scary. Looks like they might want to make sure the Lions don't take their historical worst defense title back too.

Eagles defense should stay good throughout the season, they were good last year other than Chip's offense never giving them breaks. Offense, not sure considering they played 3 of the worst offenses possible so far. The Steelers secondary has been horrible for years now, Browns have the least talent in the league and the Bears still have no defense. They do look like the best team in the NFCE, but teams start out hot and fall apart or start out horrible and go on a run all the time. Can't really go off of a 3 game stretch when 2 of those 3 are going to be the ones fighting for the #1 pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Newbie kicker finally did something right, hard to like a guy who already has had a 20y FG blocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least the Saints have a good kicker now? maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    At least the Saints have a good kicker now? maybe?
    Hardly, loss to the Giants was mostly on shitty kicking.