Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm going by what he said in the debate. He said that he made an income of something like $640 million last year (I think it was $648 or $649 million, specifically, but he definitely used the word "income). He then later specified that it was NOT the value of his properties, that was upwards of $3 billion.

That's the point I'm making. I cannot believe there's a legitimate way to make $600 million of gross income all be untaxable income.

And the other greater point is that nobody has his financial information. Unlike any other candidate for President in the last 40 years or so. Because he just won't release them, because he doesn't want to. That's literally the only reason he's given that holds up. He's claimed (and again, during the debate) that he "can't" because he's under IRS audit, but the head of the IRS has stated that being under audit does not mean he can't release his tax records. So that's a direct lie, by Trump.
    Trump is a dumbass, don't go by what he said. There is no way he made $640 million in INCOME and paid nothing in taxes legally. This is the point that I am making.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    can't afford to go to school.
    also i thought the debate was tomorrow night...
    what channel is it on?
    CNN right now. It's a rerun, the episode where Trump gets run over by his own statements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    You do not know if the demand will go up or not because you do not know what the effect of the increased material purchase will have on the people going to the fair.
    The impact of increased material purchase, without existing demand, is called overstock.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    Is it wrong to praise the one I like? Trump is objectively the best president our country could ever have.
    You sound like some sort of extremist religious person. Do you know what objectively means?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Are you suggesting overstock creates demand? I think you are confusing the demand to move product and the demand by the consumer.
    It's like China's voodoo economics. They've actually been measuring their GDP in good produced, not goods sold.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out why that's a terrible way to do it.

She only buys materials for brownies if she's selling brownies. She's only selling brownies if people are buying them. People only buy them if they are able to buy them. Pretty simple stuff here.

She doesn't just buy materials for brownies non stop to make more and more and more. That would be stupid.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Should Gary Johnson have been allowed to debate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Trump is a dumbass, don't go by what he said. There is no way he made $640 million in INCOME and paid nothing in taxes legally. This is the point that I am making.
    I'm pretty sure that's the case, but that's the point: I'm underlining that somewhere in that word salad, lies were one of the ingredients included.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    This makes no sense. Why would demand increase just because you buy more materials? People don't suddenly buy more brownies just because the store has more of them. Unless you sell them cheaper?
    Yes! I just sold $30,000 in baking goods!
    Hey dad, can I have money for my school fair? I know I usually cant.
    Sure, I have some extra money today.
    Mmmm Brownies!

Will that happen? No idea. Will it not happen? Again, no idea. We do not know where the $30,000 was spent. Obviously if she spent it on Amazon.com and it all came from out of the area it will have no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    I didn't catch it durring the debate, but people are pointing out how, when clinton talked of the rich are "paying nothing for taxes" is people, Dump immediately responded with that's them "Being Smart".... I think that's pretty indicative of both his own ego and his hubris that it's a pretty damning indication of what his Taxes would reveal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    Is it wrong to praise the one I like? Trump is objectively the best president our country could ever have.
    Only true if you are a plutocrat. No other way to look at it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Should Gary Johnson have been allowed to debate?
    They require nominees to reach a certain percentage of polls before they'd considered for debates. I think it's at least 15%? Johnson didn't make the cut, so no, he shouldn't have.

They need that rule because otherwise, any moonbat who's got their ticket in somewhere would have to be part of the debate, meaning it would be a giant clusterfuck. I'm not opposed to multiple parties; Canadian debates are often 3-5 contenders, depending on the election, but there's needs to be some minimum expectations.

Trump was the clear winner for the first half of the debate before the moderator began his one-sided attack
    Asked about Trump tax returns
    Pressed and pushed about the taxes/financial releases being "okay to release now" despite audit
    Straight-up lied about Stop-And-Frisk being ruled unconstitutional, implied the entire time it was a racist bill (and thereby implied that Trump was racist for proposing it)
    Asked Trump about supporting the Iraq War
    Insisted and claimed that Trump supported the Iraq War after he already answered
    Never asked Hillary about having voted for the Iraq War
    Asked Trump to defend his statements about the Birther comments
    Implied Trump's statements about the Obama Birther issue was racist, asked this question during the "race relations" section of the debates, and interrupted Trump more than once during his responses
    Did not ask Hillary about her involvement in the birther issue
    Did not ask Hillary about the Obama photo that Hillary leaked
    Did not progress and ask Hillary about her "Super Predators" comment like he did numerous times with Trump
    Asked Trump to defend his comments about Hillary's "appearance" - implying sexism or anti-women sentiments
    Did not ask Hillary about Benghazi
    Did not ask Hillary about the Emails
    Did not ask Hillary anything about Bill's history of sexual harassment and her defense of his behavior
    Moderator seemed to avoid topics that were strong Trump policies
    Didn't mention Immigration
    Didn't mention the Clinton Foundation

He softballed questions to Hillary the entire time it was a joke.

I'm pretty sure that's the case, but that's the point: I'm underlining that somewhere in that word salad, lies were one of the ingredients included.
    Is it lying if you are an idiot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I didn't catch it durring the debate
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/26/politi...ate/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    You're being utterly ridiculous, to avoid dealing with a pretty damned simple example.
    What is ridiculous is you are insisting on fixing the facts to ensure your example has to work how you want it to.

They require nominees to reach a certain percentage of polls before they'd considered for debates. I think it's at least 15%? Johnson didn't make the cut, so no, he shouldn't have.
    People say that it's wrong and he should've been up there... but as much as I like the idea of having more than 2 parties for once, I have to agree with this % limiter. Cuz if you remove that, any damn jack-leg person can claim to be running for pres and you'll open the debate to a thousand people.

...though it would make things more interesting if Vermin Supreme up there. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    Trump was the clear winner for the first half of the debate before the moderator began his one-sided attack
    Asked about Trump tax returns
    Pressed and pushed about the taxes/financial releases being "okay to release now" despite audit
    Straight-up lied about Stop-And-Frisk being ruled unconstitutional, implied the entire time it was a racist bill (and thereby implied that Trump was racist for proposing it)
    Asked Trump about supporting the Iraq War
    Insisted and claimed that Trump supported the Iraq War after he already answered
    Never asked Hillary about having voted for the Iraq War
    Asked Trump to defend his statements about the Birther comments
    Implied Trump's statements about the Obama Birther issue was racist, asked this question during the "race relations" section of the debates, and interrupted Trump more than once during his responses
    Did not ask Hillary about her involvement in the birther issue
    Did not ask Hillary about the Obama photo that Hillary leaked
    Did not progress and ask Hillary about her "Super Predators" comment like he did numerous times with Trump
    Asked Trump to defend his comments about Hillary's "appearance" - implying sexism or anti-women sentiments
    Did not ask Hillary about Benghazi
    Did not ask Hillary about the Emails
    Did not ask Hillary anything about Bill's history of sexual harassment and her defense of his behavior
    Moderator seemed to avoid topics that were strong Trump policies
    Didn't mention Immigration
    Didn't mention the Clinton Foundation

He softballed questions to Hillary the entire time it was a joke.
    You do realize there will be other debates and this one was supposed to only cover certain questions.

Deleted
    Yes! I just sold $30,000 in baking goods!
    Hey dad, can I have money for my school fair? I know I usually cant.
    Sure, I have some extra money today.
    Mmmm Brownies!

Will that happen? No idea. Will it not happen? Again, no idea. We do not know where the $30,000 was spent. Obviously if she spent it on Amazon.com and it all came from out of the area it will have no effect.
    You think all the revenue gained from buying more materials for fucking brownies will then be spendt on brownies? No. What will happen is:

You spendt 100 dollars more on supplies.
    That one kid got one extra dollar from his dad who you brought the supplies from so he can buy a brownie from you. You sell 1 more brownie. You are down 99 dollars in material costs.
    Te dad goes and buys pizza for 99 dollars

10+ Year Old Account
    What is ridiculous is you are insisting on fixing the facts to ensure your example has to work how you want it to.
    The point was regarding market action. You're appealing to a greater market outside the example. There is no such ubermarket in the real world, just the markets we actually have.

The facts were fixed to make it comparable. You're trying to change those limits to something that's not comparable to the real-world markets. The global market is the school fair. There's no greater market where people can blow in from and buy up a huge overstock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    It's so unfair when the candidate the GOP put in charge of their party is called on the many, many factually untrue things they've said on the record. Very unfair.

And you should probably be more careful about some of these lines. "implied the entire time it was a racist bill" that was literally the reason it came to court. Where it was declared against the Fourteenth Amendment. Which was the final ruling. Why wouldn't Holt bring that up? That's factually what happened!