Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Smile Thank you for Legion.

I really enjoy this x-pack. I have alot of fun alone doing quests, farming, traveling around, exploring, doing things together with randoms and doing stuff with my friends. I have alot of thing to do whenever I logon my rogue. Thanks for this Blizzard. Legion is a blast so far for me and my friends.
    No matter how good something is, people will always complain about something. Always.

Deleted
    Cata started off fantastically as well

I 2nd that!
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    It just wouldn't be an MMO-C thread without someone pointing that out.

10+ Year Old Account
    New expansions always feel great and refreshing, especially since we come from long droughts of content.

Now that I've been max level since day 1 and grinding away, Legion is slowly cementing itself as my favorite expansion. We already know that Nighthold is more or less ready, probably just tuning it and refining art/trash/layout. 7.1 promises an epic mythic dungeon and filler 3 boss raid. That effectively makes the first tier 10 bosses, which is nice to have.

I think Legion will be my favorite expansion to date, but it hinges on a few things. What world content will come with, or shortly after, Nighthold (7.2)? How long until the 3rd raid tier? What world content will come with that raid tier, or before it (i.e. 7.3 being world content and 7.4 a raid)? How long after the 3rd raid tier will the next content be? I'm personally hoping for a 4th raid tier, like WotLK, but if they do the next expansion after the third tier, I'd be okay with that.

If they, roughly, followed this outline I think I'd be ecstatic.

7.0 launch (8/30/2016)
    7.1 launch with ToV, Karazhan, and Suramar campaign (11/22/2016)
    7.2 launch with Nighthold, more class hall campaign, flying, and more AP progression (2/21/2017)
    7.3 launch with new Azshara/naga world content, elaboration of world quests, maybe some world quests in old zones as the legion assault ramps up (5/16/2017)
    7.4 launch with Azshara raid, wrap up Suramar campaign, unlock Suramar City as a friendly city, expand AP progression again, allow targetting of legendaries (8/29/2017)
    Announce 8.0 at Blizzcon 2017
    7.5 launch with Thal'Dranath zone, wrap up class hall campaign, and wrap up all the zone's storylines(11/7/2017)
    7.6 launch with Tomb of Sargeras raid, ending with killing a big baddie in the Twisting Nether (take out KJ this time?), consume all of our artifact power to destroy him. (2/20/2018)
    8.0 Launch (10/16/2018)

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    It just wouldn't be an MMO-C thread without someone pointing that out.
    I actually liked cata, it was more of a taking the piss.

7+ Year Old Account
    As did TBC and Wrath

Anywho... I agree OP. Since the invasions and pre-launch quests to Dalaran, Kara, and Ulduar, Legion for me has been an amazing expac thus far. I have to commend Blizz on finally making an expansion that was not a laughing stock like MoP, or a shiny turd like WoD. I've not had this much fun since I started in TBC. Class and profession questing is amazing, and the class hall really feels like more of what garrisons SHOULD have been. I can't wait to see what's in store for 7.1 and 7.2.

I just became Illidan and fought a raid group. That was fun. Other than that it's the same old same old. World quests are just cleverly disguised dailies. Dungeons give no good loot. Raids might be good, not sure...haven't done it yet. Professions are terribad. And you can't really play alts unless you have no job and live in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I just became Illidan and fought a raid group. That was fun. Other than that it's the same old same old. World quests are just cleverly disguised dailies. Dungeons give no good loot. Raids might be good, not sure...haven't done it yet. Professions are terribad. And you can't really play alts unless you have no job and live in WoW.
    Dungeons give great loot thanks to Mythic +, what are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda enjoying it for the most part. Artifacts already feel like a chore to me and I hate the Legendary system, but the World content is a lot better. Although World Quest are basically dailies, I'd take them any day of the week over our old dailies. I'm also a big fan of the endgame PvE scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkleppe View Post
    No matter how good something is, people will always complain about something. Always.
    Because not everyone finds the same thing "good". Opinions, you know.

it did?

/10char

Legion is nice, but I think I will sooner or later get tired of every day running around the broken isles to smash some nuts and kill some rares to get my "required" AP of the day. The problem is that if we want to keep up, we have to do them every day. Even if we skip 1 day without clearing the map of the AP world quests, there's no room for new ones to spawn, hence setting us back.

Don't get me wrong, I like legion, but this is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'm kinda enjoying it for the most part. Artifacts already feel like a chore to me and I hate the Legendary system, but the World content is a lot better. Although World Quest are basically dailies, I'd take them any day of the week over our old dailies. I'm also a big fan of the endgame PvE scene.

Because not everyone finds the same thing "good". Opinions, you know.
    Oh I know, but my point still stands.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoy this x-pack. I have alot of fun alone doing quests, farming, traveling around, exploring, doing things together with randoms and doing stuff with my friends. I have alot of thing to do whenever I logon my rogue. Thanks for this Blizzard. Legion is a blast so far for me and my friends.
    All expansions started off great, wait a few more months, then come back. Don't just get star struck In the first few weeks.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    How good it is for you is not necessarily good for everyone. Good is a subjective notion, should be obvious in the year 2016.

Some people love mindless grinding, others not. Some people like pvp, others not

You can love or hate Legion for any reason, it won't be a bad reason anyway because its subjective and being positive does not matter more than being negative, its just a product to be consumed, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    glad to hear you are enjoying the expansion so far,i am too

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post

What game are you playing? Dungeons give/have a chance at legendaries, artifact power , and good relics for ones weapon. Add in mythic plus give even better gear I don't think you know what you are talking about here. By this time in WoD the gear from dungeons was obsolete but this expansion their is a reason to continue doing them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Legion is nice, but I think I will sooner or later get tired of every day running around the broken isles to smash some nuts and kill some rares to get my "required" AP of the day. The problem is that if we want to keep up, we have to do them every day. Even if we skip 1 day without clearing the map of the AP world quests, there's no room for new ones to spawn, hence setting us back.

Don't get me wrong, I like legion, but this is a concern.
    Yes for alts maybe but for mains it will be pretty easy to get to the point where one can pick and choose which ones they want to do. Heck, I am already at that point. Unlike dailies where one was locked into the same few quests every day.

Glad you enjoy it, but its not my cup of tea. I really don't like how Broken Isles is so small compared to all the other continents, and all the gated & grinding content. Despite that I'm still enjoying it more than the previous 3 expansions, but TBC and WotLK remain my all time favorites.

Deleted
    Maybe he is talking about normals and heroic. But the last week got 0 improvements on my gear. So relying on titanforging is not so nice, but the mechanic is nice. Maybe if we have some control over it..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Glad you enjoy it, but its not my cup of tea. I really don't like how Broken Isles is so small compared to all the other continents, and all the gated & grinding content. Despite that I'm still enjoying it more than the previous 3 expansions, but TBC and WotLK remain my all time favorites.
    Thank god TBC & Wotlk were also gated and grindy as fuck.
    Might want to take those rose tinted classes off mate.