Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, no thanks. Just the research would be fine.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Too much stuff is account-wide already. I prefer to have individual character progression mean something.

Deleted
    AK... perhaps...
    a fraction/half the AK gain... yes...

artifact trait level... NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Artifact knowledge should be account wide since it has days cd to pick up and reorder work again...That's a long waiting part..
    Not really. It takes like 30 seconds to log in and request a new order then right click on the one in your bag.

Deleted
    We should make all gear work on all characters and be account bound. Why would i need to get gear for an alt? After all i did that content on my main. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Situation is critical now. We are trapped into class, into spec. We need freedom and ability to play alts or offspecs on same competitive lvl. I don't want be in same like WoD legendary ring situation where Mythic was no place to play on alts. I want diversity and more fun form free choices.
    Amount of job to have high lvl artifact is simply gigantic. I can do that, but no way I will repeat this on alts and offspec. All "catching up" mechanics are simply too weak.
    I want my power be shard by alts and offspces. If you nerf classes many ppl will quit game because they must do that gigantic job again. They will stay if you make artifice weapon account wide. Variety if fun, being prisoner of one weapon is not.
    If Artifact power gain was account wide, it would be mandatory to play alts to increase your artifact power even more "farm those World quests with all your alts so you have max Artifact power for raids". You would have even more stuff to do to get maxed.

Not everyone is a progress raider who will switch main because they deal 5% less damage on an encouter.

You can still play with your alts on raids, but you can't switch your char all the time on progress, that's something that Blizzard doesn't really like. Want to play your alt ? Search for a group and play it, you'll have lower artifact power but you can still play your alt.

Seems to me like you want to be able to play the best class for every encounter to top meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Multiple reasons:
    Already earned it.
    Repeated stuff is NEVER fun, thats why we already have a lot of account-wide stuff already. (Achievements/Mounts/Mogs)
    It takes a lot of time, and holds you back a lot.
    It's character power, and that makes it more important than mounts/cosmetics.
    It's not like you wont be earning it, you'll still be earning it account wide.
    It's not a fun thing to look after. It's a waiting research order. It's not like you do Dungeon in hopes of getting it.
    I'd be fine with this.... if it only counted toward another character of the same exact class. Otherwise, you're wanting way too much for free.

Though, there is something to be said about wishing a single character could be multiple classes. I really, really wish that were a thing.

TBH, I'd be entirely happy if they just let you start researching Artifact Knowledge as soon as you get access to your class hall and artifact, instead of at 110. I think that'd also make a lot of other people happy. At least the real casual alt players.

I don't agree with level being account wide. However research level should be shared, you've already invested the time once over. White knight all you want but sitting and waiting for something just to be competitive isn't gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    It is a massive time investment when you start doing this one 2, 3, or 4+ toons. When it comes down to spending a good portion of your week min maxing your alts & account the simplest answer is usually the easiest & correct one, people just stop playing them more than casually.

This isn't arena that we're talking about where you should be expected to have to perform in order to reap the benefits of 2.4k+ & get hard earned mounts, titles, achs. This is all simply about making it so the game's gateway to doing raids and 5 mans competitively doesn't overshadow the time people with many capped toons have in a week. Not everyone wants to be the Eric Cartman of WoW and have their real life activities/obligations suffer in order to access content that they have already entered on one spec but that would be underperforming in for an OS. What is the point of some invisible arbitrary prestige in heavily restricting who can do content that on alts that has already been seen by main specs on main characters?

WoW is a game, not a job. A game that makes it unpleasant to continue trying to play off specs that Blizzard has allowed all players to use in one form or another from day one is not one that would care much about its playerbase.
    I've got 10 level 100 alts ready to level - and it would be foolish (downright stupid) of me to assume I could/should be able to level a good chunk of those for minimal or no effort compared to my main.

People shouldnt be allowed into a situation (without huge amounts of effort) that I did with WoD, which is, get 11 level 100 chars for almost no effort. (maybe 2-3 hours to get lvl 90-100 using the Elixir / pre-completed zone objective fast lvl strat). I never really earnt those characters so to speak, but rather Blizzard gave them to me.

Because wow is a game, not a job - like you said yourself - people should be made to choose which aspects of the game they want to focus on. And no, saying 'i just want everything without the effort' is not an acceptable answer.

When it comes down to spending a good portion of your week min maxing your alts & account the simplest answer is usually the easiest & correct one, people just stop playing them more than casually.
    Incorrect i'm afraid. What you meant to say was that people will just pick and choose what actually matters to them. If an alt doesnt really matter (like most of mine) I wont touch it. But for those that do, i'll invest time into them and get it done.

I'm very happy that i'm being forced to choose which alt to level and take it seriously, because I know its a huge amount of work and time investment compared to alts in the past. It makes my character feel meaningful again, rather than one of cheap alt throwaways that meant nothing and levelled in a flash.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2016-09-27 at 08:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, if not Artifact Power at least Artifact power rewards and relics, like im healing Raid/Dungeon as Healer and than i can use it on my alt char who is DPS and cant heal/tank for fast queues.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    AK catch up mechanic makes it pretty pointless to be account wide. Since you can catch up to your main fairly fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could just make the Artifact Researches account-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    They could just make the Artifact Researches account-wide.
    They did something nearly as good - they made them faster to complete as the expansion goes on. Similar effective thing.

Deleted
    No. Please, check your entitlement at the door.

If you want to play alts, thats fine. But play your alts, don't expect them to be geared and power fed by playing your main!

I can already imagine a world where a fresh level 100 has a 50 point artifact with 3 golden traits unlocked. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Artifact knowledge should be account wide since it has days cd to pick up and reorder work again...That's a long waiting part..
    This should be, I have no idea why it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    They did something nearly as good - they made them faster to complete as the expansion goes on. Similar effective thing.
    The system doesn't really work. It's like 50% faster to level an alt to 110 asap then only log onto it to pick up and research artifact even if you don't want to play it for a year than it would be to not level it for a year then do the "catch up" mechanic of researching it then.

I´d honestly like the idea of AK being account/serverwide

Deleted
    I would prefer if everything aside from gear was account wide, i have 1 of each class at 100 but am still only at 1 110 char because ive focused so much on getting rep and order resources (yes they ran out for me at least because i bought the class hall set, yes a mistake) and artifact power.

Im near exalted with Nightfallen, at least Revered with everything else, there is NO way im doing that on my alts, but i am gonna get the all to lvl 110 eventually.

Reputations? Sure, I could see that shared. Or very sped up, matter of days-type of sped up, assuming one character has reached Exalted already. This choice is probably better than the former.

Artifact Level? As someone with two of each classes, no. I like the feel of personal progress with each of the characters I've been leveling.

Artifact Knowledge? I'm up for that, yeah.

I can see it getting fustrating when you've done it on 2 /3 alts, however, you disagreeing with this

where Mythic was no place to play on alts.
    No fucking shit, sure get a second alt up to scratch, but of course that difficulty isn't for alts.

Anyways, The catch up mechanism gets stronger as times goes on, so I don't see what the issue is

I'm fine with it. They've even said the artifact notes will be made available faster as time progresses. However, I do wish they'd speed up the level at which your order hall campaign can be completed. It's just tiresome to wait for 10 order missions, often lasting 12-24 hours to get access to your artifacts third relic.