Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary Ring : Sephuz's Secret - Asphyxiate worth it ?

Hello guys,

In first sorry for my bad english.

I've just looted this ring : Sephuz's Secret (Successfully applying a loss of control effect to an enemy grants you 70% increased movement speed and 15% Haste for 10 sec. This effect may occur once every 30 sec).

And i'm trying to optimize its proc effect.
    First, this ring can proc the Haste bonus, even if the mob (and boss) is not stun.

That's why you can stun (with the pet) a boss, a even if the boss is not stun, the haste buff proc.

So why questions :

1) Is it worth it to take the talent "Asphyxiate" ? so your Asphyxiate now give you a second Soul Reaper haste effect ?
    --> The bad side of Asphyxiate, you will lose the "Sludge Beltcher" (360° AoE, and 2 nd grip).

2) If someone already use this ring, i would like a Weak Aura, to track the internal CD of the ring, and show me when i have to Ghoul Stun or Asphyxiate.

3) If you have some tips or advice for this ring ! you're welcome !

Thanks

That's interesting that it works on stun immune targets. My guess is it's def worth it since it almost stacks well with asphyx soul reaper

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    That's interesting that it works on stun immune targets. My guess is it's def worth it since it almost stacks well with asphyx soul reaper
    Yes... i was suprised when i saw that...

Nobody here is a pro in TMW or WeakAura to create a icon for the intern GCD of the ring ?

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact it works on cc immune targets makes it a pretty good item
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

For Sephuz's Secret to proc on a stun-immune creature it has to deal damage. Gnaw/Smash will always proc the ring because the base ability does damage. To test this go to the Reanimated Monstrosity in Acherus and asphyxiate it, make sure gnaw/Smash is off cooldown or your ghoul/abomb isn't summoned. The ring will not proc if you asphyxiate it, as the mob is stun immune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the ring proc from death grip?
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Does the ring proc from death grip?
    no sadly it doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by Bahm View Post
    For Sephuz's Secret to proc on a stun-immune creature it has to deal damage. Gnaw/Smash will always proc the ring because the base ability does damage. To test this go to the Reanimated Monstrosity in Acherus and asphyxiate it, make sure gnaw/Smash is off cooldown or your ghoul/abomb isn't summoned. The ring will not proc if you asphyxiate it, as the mob is stun immune.
    Does the item work with gnaw/smash tho? considering the pet applies the stun im wondering if the ring gets procced.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiziger View Post
    Does the item work with gnaw/smash tho? considering the pet applies the stun im wondering if the ring gets procced.
    It does it actually shocked me that it did when i first got the ring

10+ Year Old Account
    Asphixiate isn't working on Acherus dummies - anyone been able to get this ring to proc using that ability?

It feels terrible getting this ring considering what some of the alternatives were.
    Last edited by Berri; 2016-09-25 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    It feels terrible getting this ring considering what some of the alternatives were.
    Oh it does indeed. A hunter in my guild got Prydaz and complains about absorb being "only" 287k. I would gladly have that (with higher absorb due to being Blood spec) over an effect that procs off loss of control. Speccing into Tremble Before Me makes it trigger on CD, except for boss fights, the time when it matters.

Wouldn't any legendary be worth it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karasique View Post
    Oh it does indeed. A hunter in my guild got Prydaz and complains about absorb being "only" 287k. I would gladly have that (with higher absorb due to being Blood spec) over an effect that procs off loss of control. Speccing into Tremble Before Me makes it trigger on CD, except for boss fights, the time when it matters.
    lol the neck never really gets to proc since you always take damage

I have it on my paladin, it's fucking horrible. I'd love to have the ring tbh, pretty sure you can proc it on 5/7 fights in EN as opposed to the neck that works on pretty much 1 fight

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just wanted to chime in and clarify, the ring does NOT proc off stunning a immune mob. I got the ring yesterday was slightly bummed out.
    Here you can see it for yourselves: imgur.com/a/4079Q
    (Can't post direct-link, haven't posted enough - copy paste it)
    Last edited by chrwil2; 2016-09-27 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    lol the neck never really gets to proc since you always take damage

I have it on my paladin, it's fucking horrible. I'd love to have the ring tbh, pretty sure you can proc it on 5/7 fights in EN as opposed to the neck that works on pretty much 1 fight
    Its just 5 seconds of not taking damage. Lots of fights have phase transitions. How big your absorb anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karasique View Post
    Its just 5 seconds of not taking damage. Lots of fights have phase transitions. How big your absorb anyway?
    On my pala I think its in the 350k range I think.

They have phase transitions but the stats on the neck are bad and the neck will literally never be the difference between you living and dying because you have to not take damage for it to proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    No worries guys! I got a 2nd legendary and it's Acherus Drapes

/derp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrwil2 View Post
    I just wanted to chime in and clarify, the ring does NOT proc off stunning a immune mob. I got the ring yesterday was slightly bummed out.
    Here you can see it for yourselves: imgur.com/a/4079Q
    (Can't post direct-link, haven't posted enough - copy paste it)
    Clarifications here :

- Yes asphyxiate doesn't proc on immune stun Target.

- BUT the ghoul stun (unholy spec) proc the ring (1 Time every 1.30min) Even If the Target (boss) is immun to stun.
    Because ghoul stun does damage And asphyxiate doesnt.

If tout stun do damage you Will proc the haste effect.
    Last edited by mmoc3c16923efe; 2016-09-28 at 12:24 PM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Loving the ring as blood for mythics+, it procs all the time from Tremble before me, which is a good talent by itself for dungeons.
    For unholy, can confirm the stated above, the abom stun always procs it, while asphyxiate only procs it on stunnable mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Onie View Post
    Wouldn't any legendary be worth it
    Generally when people ask is something "worth it" they are asking in regard to other similar options, in this case the other legendaries since you can have 1 (2 in 2 weeks if your research time is good).

For unholy it's definitely a strong option since they can use the effect on CD.