Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Legendary Drop Rate Bug. Clearly Blizzard "Fixed" It ;)

http://imgur.com/a/vjzLj

Seems like the bug is back.

Deleted
    RNG, mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i get statistics and this might not be a representative sample but everytime i get on this website it seems like everyone and their mother has one. I dont.

Or someone gets 2 in less than 10seconds

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treecut View Post
    RNG, mate.
    And pointless shit like this is what led to the initial bug being ignored for far too long in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    So i get statistics and this might not be a representative sample but everytime i get on this website it seems like everyone and their mother has one. I dont.
    my feelings exactly
    Retired

15+ Year Old Account
    You've posted one image which proves absolutely nothing other than extreme RNG - I'll show you an excerpt from my Armory.

I didn't even farm Rivendare that day, it dropped for my Hunter alt which I leveled through LFD. So not only it dropped, but I won a roll against 4 other people. Absolutely delighted, I went to farm all the other mount bosses, 2 of them successfully.

Does it mean that getting a mount out of the boss increases the chance of getting another? No, just sick RNG.

Blizzard admitted they had a problem, but they confirmed it's fixed and most likely what we see now is desperately trying to see a pattern by combining borderline cases (remember how many people play the game). Another example - during the first 3 days of Brewfest I've seen several images on Reddit where people would get both mounts and a remote out of one Coren's container. It doesn't mean anything again, just incredible luck.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    You've posted one image which proves absolutely nothing other than extreme RNG - I'll show you an excerpt from my Armory.

I didn't even farm Rivendare that day, it dropped for my Hunter alt which I leveled through LFD. So not only it dropped, but I won a roll against 4 other people. Absolutely delighted, I went to farm all the other mount bosses, 2 of them successfully.

Does it mean that getting a mount out of the boss increases the chance of getting another? No, just sick RNG.

Blizzard admitted they had a problem, but they confirmed it's fixed and most likely what we see now is desperately trying to see a pattern by combining borderline cases (remember how many people play the game). Another example - during the first 3 days of Brewfest I've seen several images on Reddit where people would get both mounts and a remote out of one Coren's container. It doesn't mean anything again, just incredible luck.
    What gets me is some people's blind willingness to believe that Blizzard really fixed it this time, we promise, despite royally screwing the pooch the first time around. They said they fixed it. That's nice. Have they provided even one iota of proof? Have we seen a drop rate sample before and since the patch to show the difference?

Don't be so quick to jump to their defense, least of all on this issue. They've already proven once that they got it wrong. Some careful skepticism is healthy and appropriate here.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    And pointless shit like this is what led to the initial bug being ignored for far too long in the first place.
    And pointless shit like this thread is not doing anything. Out of millions of players, ofc some will get really lucky while others won't...
    Only ones who can actually see any pattern or statistics is blizzard themselves, no matter how much people post their "cold hard proof".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    What gets me is some people's blind willingness to believe that Blizzard really fixed it this time, we promise, despite royally screwing the pooch the first time around. They said they fixed it. That's nice. Have they provided even one iota of proof? Have we seen a drop rate sample before and since the patch to show the difference?

Don't be so quick to jump to their defense, least of all on this issue. They've already proven once that they got it wrong. Some careful skepticism is healthy and appropriate here.
    Just maybe there are people out in the wild that believe that the guys at blizzard try to make the best game they can.
    And maybe there are people out there that don´t give a rats ass about what other people get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    Just maybe there are people out in the wild that believe that the guys at blizzard try to make the best game they can.
    And maybe there are people out there that don´t give a rats ass about what other people get.
    Just to add to this, A healthy form of skepticism is fine.
    This fucking witch hunt you guys (@Profyrion) have started is just fucking stupid.

I am skeptic my self, doesn't mean that when 3 people get 2 pieces of orange loot the bug is back especailyl seeing I have first hand proof in my guild that it isn't as only one person out of 17 people got a second legendary, the other 16 have one and most of em have had one since last week or earlier.

15+ Year Old Account

Hm, maybe because we don't have the statistics to prove that this is really an issue now. All we have is some extreme cases of bad/good luck which can happen, especially given how many players are there to experience it.

Blizzard on the other hand has access to all the player data, globally. They don't need charts done by us or DPS rankings from WarcraftLogs, they have their own reliable source. If something's off, they would pick it up, just like they did it before. Given how people get riled up with this, if there was a problem, there would be absolutely no gain from neglecting it and such a bug doesn't really sound hard to fix, to be honest. Increased chance of getting a legendary after getting the first one seems like an additional mechanic above the normal rng, likely caused by unintended side effect of something else. If they said they fixed it, I have no reason to not believe them, why would I? This seems like grasping at straws - "why do you believe they did if they simply said they did?".

Surely they did. First lucky bastards got their first legendaries while you were desperately grinding to get yours. Then lucky bastards got their second ones while you had your bad luck protection starting to apply itself... Then Blizzard came and nullified luck protection effect for everyone, so now you have to grind your bonus chance from zero again, while lucky bastards got their third legendary, because they are lucky bastards and they will have a full collection of legendaries before unlucky people like me will get their first ones, 1 month before legion is over, as always.

Result: we need better bad luck protection - like, really really really better bad luck protection, not some +0.000001% per looted chest crap, more like +5 or even +10% per chest looted; and possibly good luck protection system as well - like, an internal counter which nullifies your chance to get a legendary if you just got one for at least a week, lol.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    And pointless shit like this thread is not doing anything. Out of millions of players, ofc some will get really lucky while others won't...
    Only ones who can actually see any pattern or statistics is blizzard themselves, no matter how much people post their "cold hard proof".
    Last week.. people said the exact same thing as you... then...

"We’ve identified and hotfixed an issue that could cause Legion legendary items to drop more frequently than intended, if a player had already received their first legendary.

Thanks to everyone who reported this - the ability to look at specific cases where this was and wasn’t happening was invaluable for isolating what exactly was causing this bug to occur."

Blizzard WANTS to know about these potential issues so they can look in to them, they obviously recognize that many care about having a level playing field when paying $40-$60 to buy a game and then $15 a month to play said game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Last week.. people said the exact same thing as you... then...

"We’ve identified and hotfixed an issue that could cause Legion legendary items to drop more frequently than intended, if a player had already received their first legendary.

Thanks to everyone who reported this - the ability to look at specific cases where this was and wasn’t happening was invaluable for isolating what exactly was causing this bug to occur."

Blizzard WANTS to know about these potential issues so they can look in to them, they obviously recognize that many care about having a level playing field when paying $40-$60 to buy a game and then $15 a month to play said game.
    Yeah, and how is this post helping them in any way identifying a potential bug?
    If you honestly believe you found a bug, posting it in the official forums is what you should do. Whining based on nothing on an unofficial forum helps no one...

- - - Updated - - -

What gets me is some people's blind willingness to believe that Blizzard really fixed it this time.
    Who's blindly believing anything? Sure, i'm sceptical, there might still be issues. But this is not helping in any way...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by treecut View Post
    RNG, mate.
    You keep saying that:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dan/Fedor/feed
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Yokimaru/feed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaxDAyNUfPk
    You just keep repeating RNG untill it's actually real RNG and not broken chance as it was before
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A9guard/feed
    http://i.imgur.com/VAq8A7c.jpg
    http://imgur.com/SixIZVM
    http://i.imgur.com/GeJ4xuW.jpg
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Preheat/feed
    It just keeps going and going and I don't have time to paste every single account since oyu will just dismiss saying "there is just a group of EXTREMLY lucky people out there and there is NO REASON to think something might be broken it's just PURE LUCK". Shoul I remind you that the system that you so blindly call RNG was BROKEN by the same people who said they found a way to fix it. The same incompetent people, not some wizzards. The same people who were so sure everything is OK and yet you keep saying RNG man.

Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    Yeah, and how is this post helping them in any way identifying a potential bug?
    If you honestly believe you found a bug, posting it in the official forums is what you should do. Whining based on nothing on an unofficial forum helps no one...
    It is making the community aware of the previous and potentially reoccurring bug. So that, unlike you who are willing to just dismiss it as RNG, they may report these amazing cases of RNGesus favor... and thereby giving Blizzard more data to work from.

wow! 7 cases in 10 million players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It is making the community aware of the previous and potentially reoccurring bug. So that, unlike you who are willing to just dismiss it as RNG, they may report these amazing cases of RNGesus favor... and thereby giving Blizzard more data to work from.
    I'm not "willing to dismiss it as just RNG". But considering there was a bug, you'd have to be quite a huge tinfoil-hatter in order to believe blizzard are not monitoring the issue pretty closely now.
    And the community is more than aware that there was an issue...

Do you honestly think that blizzards data comes from forum posts or bug reports?

Legendary Drops

I can tell you I have done in excess of 330 Heroic/mythic Dungeons, 20+ Mythic plus, cleared EN normal and have not received one yet. My daughter received a legendary neck on the 23rd of Sept and last night, the 26th, she got legendary pants.