Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    While that may be true they also have shareholders to think about, we all seen what happened when they lost few million players in less than a year...

There is no prof?!? You still think RNG works in such ways that it is more likely that people are still getting their 2nd, 3rd and 4th before millions get their 1st? Windows has 40-60million lines of code and developers are fixing those bug in each small/big patch. This bug that according to Blizzard is fixed would have never been fixed if it wasn't for people of forums claiming there is one...
    Blizzard fixes usually bugs if you Report them properly.

Also I posted a bit later, that my bro got 2 1% raidmounts on the same day. Was it RNG? Yes. Is RNG a bad/stupid system? Yes. Was it bugged? No.

A sample size of one is anecdote, not evidence.

A person who has 2 legendaries has roughly the same chance to get a legendary as someone who has none, that's how RNG works.

In fact statisticly there should be some people who get 3-4 legendaries due to extreme luck. If the odds of having 3 legendaries by this point in the game is one in a million, than odds say several people should have it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    A sample size of one is anecdote, not evidence.

A person who has 2 legendaries has roughly the same chance to get a legendary as someone who has none, that's how RNG works.

In fact statisticly there should be some people who get 3-4 legendaries due to extreme luck. If the odds of having 3 legendaries by this point in the game is one in a million, than odds say several people should have it by now.
    Adding to this, the chance of people witnessing such an event being drawn to (and post in) a thread like this is much higher than someone who didn't witness said event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    Except basic human psychology shows that people are more inclined to share their negative experience than positive ones which makes forum posts a really unreliable source for statistics. Only way to make a reliable statistic is to ask random players about this and even then, you need a huge sample pool in order to get somewhat reliable data.
    Thing is, you don't need the people that didn't recieve anything yet to determine wether the game is working as intended. You really only need the odds to get 3 legendary's, the amount of people that recieved 3 legendary's and the total amount of players to see if the game is working as intended
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

How come people are under the impression that they're GUARANTEED Legendaries...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    How come people are under the impression that they're GUARANTEED Legendaries...?
    Because Blizzard said there is a pitty timer making sure that everyone WILL eventually get at least one? And the problem is not people not getting any very fast, the problem is people getting 3 legendary drops in 24 hours where there is a system making sure that doesn't happen. At least according ot Blizzard there should be a system like that, but as we've seen in the past - it wasn't exactly working.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Isn't that the same thing you and others were saying last week?
    No

Then...

"We’ve identified and hotfixed an issue that could cause Legion legendary items to drop more frequently than intended, if a player had already received their first legendary.

Thanks to everyone who reported this - the ability to look at specific cases where this was and wasn’t happening was invaluable for isolating what exactly was causing this bug to occur."
    -Blizzard
    This only claims, that they've fixed the issue...

While I can't say for sure that they've fixed the issue completely, it's far more likely that they have.

If your m8 gets 2 legendaries in one day and you don't get any after weeks of farming doesn't prove that it's a bug, but it rather proves that the RNG-System works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Thing is, you don't need the people that didn't recieve anything yet to determine wether the game is working as intended. You really only need the odds to get 3 legendary's, the amount of people that recieved 3 legendary's and the total amount of players to see if the game is working as intended
    Yeah, not sure what your point is since none of those values are availible to us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Out of millions of players.
    You are taking 0.000000001% of the player bases loot (luck or a bug) as a representation of a possible bug.
    So if you can't come up with proof that a large portion (as you said your self) has this issue, which does not seem like it. Please stop.
    What do you think we are trying to find out here?
    Bolded part: please reread thread. Multiple cases have been mentioned with amory's and all that.

thats not true at all

outliers exist in random systems

Honestly, I'd rather use my time and energy to complain about the ACTUAL system than to make theories (+ QQ) whether the RNG is "unfair" (It's always unfair though, that's why it is RNG)

Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    Because Blizzard said there is a pitty timer making sure that everyone WILL eventually get at least one? And the problem is not people not getting any very fast, the problem is people getting 3 legendary drops in 24 hours where there is a system making sure that doesn't happen.
    Source? AFAIK Blizzard has only said the chance of getting one increases the more time you've gone without, not that it's a guaranteed drop at some point.

Furthermore, I have never seen this system described as guarding against good luck in addition to bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    Yeah, not sure what your point is since none of those values are availible to us?
    well yea .. duh? The point is anacdotal evidence is all we have currently. Just like last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    Because Blizzard said there is a pitty timer making sure that everyone WILL eventually get at least one? And the problem is not people not getting any very fast, the problem is people getting 3 legendary drops in 24 hours where there is a system making sure that doesn't happen. At least according ot Blizzard there should be a system like that, but as we've seen in the past - it wasn't exactly working.
    1) the timer literally just started this week
    2) thats how they found the bug existed, because the bug was related to the timer
    3) there is no anti-pity timer preventing people from getting legendaries

the squeaky wheels are always the most uninformed

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post

Great, I have 17 guildies that all got 1 legendary each in the space of 3 weeks.
    Any other amazing proof you would like to share?
    Sure man... here is irrefutable proof:

"We’ve identified and hotfixed an issue that could cause Legion legendary items to drop more frequently than intended, if a player had already received their first legendary.

Thanks to everyone who reported this - the ability to look at specific cases where this was and wasn’t happening was invaluable for isolating what exactly was causing this bug to occur." - Blizzard

Deleted
    well yea .. duh? The point is anacdotal evidence is all we have currently. Just like last week.
    Which is exactly what i said, so not sure why you're trying to argue with me...

Sure man... here is irrefutable proof:

Thanks to everyone who reported this - the ability to look at specific cases where this was and wasn’t happening was invaluable for isolating what exactly was causing this bug to occur." - Blizzard
    your proof that a bug exists

is that a bug used to exist but was fixed?

*pat*

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    1) the timer literally just started this week
    2) thats how they found the bug existed, because the bug was related to the timer
    3) there is no anti-pity timer preventing people from getting legendaries

the squeaky wheels are always the most uninformed

No... they "found" the bug because people began posting about others getting 2nd, 3rd and even more legendaries. Just like what people are reporting now.

No... they "found" the bug because people began posting about others getting 2nd, 3rd and even more legendaries. Just like what people are reporting now.
    this is actually great proof for why bugs wouldnt exist

people were reporting bugs about droprates before the system was turned on

yet it was the system that caused the bug

makes you wonder

Isn't that the same thing you and others were saying last week?
    To be fair it isn't wrong. I also thought that while I had to admit I saw noticeable amounts of players having getting two over those getting one in my vicinity which I still do after the hotfix but well it's hardly evidence. I think it's strange and the odds shouldn't support what I see but well even for a serious gambler that happens to be the case every now and then. Also programming good rng seems quite hard ^
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    people were reporting bugs about droprates before the system was turned on
    yet it was the system that caused the bug
    makes you wonder
    What system ? I am not aware they reported in detail what exactly was bugged.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-09-27 at 12:17 PM.