Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alt Artifact power catch up mechanics need to be introduced asap

Hi Guys,
    I remember they mentioned some type of catch up mechanics for alts during one of the interviews and since then I haven't heard anything.
    As of now it takes as much time as your main to level alt's artifact power. There is also no catch up mechanics for switching specs etc and everything is gated through out Garrison 3.0

What are your thoughts on this?
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

Deleted
    my thoughts are that when i leveled a alt in week 3 of the expansion, the first artifact research already took 3 days instead of 5. so the mechanic is already in.

Deleted
    You mean artifact knowledge? You know that thing that takes less time for characters that haven't been played this expansion.

i leveled a DH the day before the 4th week. and im on the 2nd gold trait. and im 840~ and my main 850.
    Idk how but it was really really fast.
    Dont even think about it, just go and play it.

As of now it takes as much time as your main to level alt's artifact power.
    no, less, because your alt will have 3-4 days duration instead of 5 for several of his AK work orders

the catch-up has been in the game since Legion launch, it will just magnify (aka the waiting for AK will be reduced even more) as the expansion goes on

Quote Originally Posted by djprada View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I remember they mentioned some type of catch up mechanics for alts during one of the interviews and since then I haven't heard anything.
    As of now it takes as much time as your main to level alt's artifact power. There is also no catch up mechanics for switching specs etc and everything is gated through out Garrison 3.0

What are your thoughts on this?
    I mean I did the "Quest" to get my off spec weapon but it was already unlocked to 3 relic slots...The knowledge is increasing in speed. TBH I've accidentally spent power on my off spec weapon and pretty much got it to a viable area...so I don't know what you've been doing or wtf lol but it is in and working and its only a month into the Xpac...

Artefact Knowledge already has catch up mechanic. If you are below the highest knowledge level, it only takes 3 days instead of 5 to complete the research

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    I mean I did the "Quest" to get my off spec weapon but it was already unlocked to 3 relic slots...The knowledge is increasing in speed. TBH I've accidentally spent power on my off spec weapon and pretty much got it to a viable area...so I don't know what you've been doing or wtf lol but it is in and working and its only a month into the Xpac...
    Then you had already finished your class story if you unlocked it with 3 relic slots. This is not the catchup mechanic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    my thoughts are that when i leveled a alt in week 3 of the expansion, the first artifact research already took 3 days instead of 5. so the mechanic is already in.
    That's still not good enough, that's not really good catch up mechanics, needs to be more, and by the way the crates you find that give AP? It's like 10 AP per crate, even the ones In Suramar... SURAMAR... where we get like 100+ AP per anything but the hard to get treasures give 10? That's unrewarding as hell.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Darometh View Post
    Artefact Knowledge already has catch up mechanic. If you are below the highest knowledge level, it only takes 3 days instead of 5 to complete the research
    It's not 3 days specifically. It's 1-5 days depending on how close you are to the max AK currently attainable.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-09-27 at 03:44 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you mean the game that's been out for 4 weeks? Blizzard doesn't "need" to introduce any catch up mechanics for at least 6 months but I would prefer a year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    That's still not good enough, that's not really good catch up mechanics, needs to be more, and by the way the crates you find that give AP? It's like 10 AP per crate, even the ones In Suramar... SURAMAR... where we get like 100+ AP per anything but the hard to get treasures give 10? That's unrewarding as hell.
    Sounds like you haven't unlocked AK1 yet. You get more AP per item per AK level. And with each AK research being done faster as time goes on, the catch-up mechanic should be fine for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Sounds like you haven't unlocked AK1 yet. You get more AP per item per AK level. And with each AK research being done faster as time goes on, the catch-up mechanic should be fine for most people.
    That's not true actually. The treasures that you get from the chests are pitiful. I'm at AK5 and I get like 30 for those idol things. It's almost as bad as those trinkets you can equip on your followers that give 15 or 25 gold for each WQ you complete if they are with you. Seriously Blizz, 15g?!

Signature Created by Jassinta

free plz, me need much, gimme leg ehm I mean gimme AP free!!!111

What I really meant was, plz no free shit. WoW has always given lots and lots of free loot. At least save the AP from it!

what they need is passive resource generation again capped at like 500/week and level 1-5(10 later) of AK unlocked at level 100 vs level 110.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Oh you mean the game that's been out for 4 weeks? Blizzard doesn't "need" to introduce any catch up mechanics for at least 6 months but I would prefer a year.
    I'd agree to this. NOW? No. Later? Sure. Blizz just gave us all half a dozen free level 100s with the invasions, now people want free 110s with level 35 artifacts. FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's not 3 days specifically. It's 1-5 days depending on how close you are to the max AK currently attainable.
    Yep, it goes faster the more you are behind... the problem though is that it does not actually "catch up" ever, so it's not really a catch up mechanic, more a "always be a bit behind characters that played the expansion from the start"-mechanic.

if there were an endless number of traits to purchase it would matter

but...

hit 110 two weeks ago on my main (I started playing roughly a hour each day two weeks before that), been extremely casually leveling the DH for the last 5 days, I'm on 105, and have a few decent points invested already, and a ton of AP items in my bags ready, Its probably not great, but its not been a drag either in all honesty

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    That's not true actually. The treasures that you get from the chests are pitiful. I'm at AK5 and I get like 30 for those idol things.
    Working as intended.

Base item = 10AP
    AK5 = +200%
    10+200% = 30AP