Thread: Destro or Demo?

Destro or Demo?

Hey guys,

So a bit about my warlock, i have destro and demo at 18 artifact level and im not sure what to continue out of the two?

I will be doing raids and mythic + mostley in WoW with my guild so i need to start focusing on one spec and also due to legendary being for the spec your playing when it drops i need to decide asap.

My ilvl is 843 and also i can send logs using demo and gear via inbox due to not enough posts to link in here.

Some people may say im not skilled in demo and i should try destro this is what im looking for which is advice.

My warlock is Elumniai on ravencrest.

Destro or Demo

Quote Originally Posted by Rixos View Post
    They are both equally bad and require massive amounts of haste to be even considered viable. Now, demo is better when there isn't much movement while destro is better in other situations, like when you need high amounts of burst in in short time period of time or when you need to cleave.

I personally play demo, because I can't stand playing the horrid mass of shit that destro has descended into, since Pandaria days. They both basically share the same stat requirements, however haste is more valuable than intellect in demo, while the opposite is true for destro. I would suggest that you play whatever you like more, because in the end, you won't be able to out DPS 70% of the other classes anyway.

Thanks for the reply,

I understand everything your saying but after the hotfix im just not sure what to play demo feels like it requires high amount of skill and for example heroic ursoc last night was horrible for me even with pots and keybinds for demonwrath it just felt like the class was horrible to play i'm just in the middle at the momment and i mean affliction is broke no point thinking about that...

Demo is better for pure single target, but how many fights are there like that anyway, I'd go Destro, it's more versatile.

Deleted
    Demo for quests, destro for dungeons and raids. Because of the amount of movement required demonology is not feasible.

If you want to min/max you need to maintain all 3 specs, affliction does monsterous damage in some mythic dungeons. You have to hold back with seed of corruption with some tanks.

Then raiding you need to switch between demo and dest.

But unless you are heading into mythic EM this week, just play whichever spec you want. You can make any spec work in normals, heroics and then mythics when you are better geared.

My guild is not ready for mythics this week, so i'll be playing demo throughout all the heroics just switching talents between fights. I just don't like dest.
    Last edited by Dietrik; 2016-09-27 at 01:52 PM.
    Demo is fine... play better.

If you are going to play only one spec then I would also say Destro for its versatility

to everybody who still thinks locks are bad, have you seen this sim with the recent hotfixes? http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

meanwhile iam pulling 200k dps as demo on Ursoc heroic with just 847 ilvl...there is movement constantly through the whole fight and that pre next week buffs. people dont know how to play their class.. and instead adjusting, learning, improving people prefer to cry.. demo is gonna be broken OP from next week and iam sure some people will keep crying how bad their dps is, because thats all the know.... how to cry.
    BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    to everybody who still thinks locks are bad, have you seen this sim with the recent hotfixes? http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html
    pre hotfix demo was #3 or #4 yet it underperformed in heroic
    and its not like mythic there are gonna be less mechanics so he can stand around more and switch targets less

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    meanwhile iam pulling 200k dps as demo on Ursoc heroic with just 847 ilvl...there is movement constantly through the whole fight and that pre next week buffs. people dont know how to play their class.. and instead adjusting, learning, improving people prefer to cry.. demo is gonna be broken OP from next week and iam sure some people will keep crying how bad their dps is, because thats all the know.... how to cry.
    there are ppl in the same bracket doing double your dps
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...1841&bracket=7
    Last edited by Violetti; 2016-09-27 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Demo for quests, destro for dungeons and raids. Because of the amount of movement required demonology is not feasible.
    What for you, is mobility?

Destruction cant cast Choas Bolt while moving anymore than Demo can Cast Hand of Gul'dan. Destro cant cast Incin while moving anymore than Demo can cast Shadowbolt. Destro cant cast immolate while moving anymore than Demo can cast Felstalkers. Desro needs to time Conflag instants for roaring blaze, just like demo has to time Shadowflame instants for staking the dot.

Destro has an advantage in having its resources RNG proc and recharge based in the sense that movement doesnt slow resource generation, however Demo has Demonwrath that helps negate that. Demo uses more mana and thus has more lifetap globals for movement which can easily be timed around most movement mechanics.

I am not saying that movement doesnt hurt the Demo train once its chugging down the tracks, but to say its not feasible because of movement is not accurate IMO.

i've found that i enjoy demo more and it does generally more damage in single target, nearly as much in cleave, but the stats are far less forgiving than destro stats. it's less common for something of a higher ilvl to actually be an upgrade statwise for demo (it HAS to have haste as its highest stat or it sucks), where as destro i've got more (smaller) upgrades more often, so even though i main demo, i have a destro ilvl that's 2 or 3 higher just from all the high ilvl gear i loot that sucks for demo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    What for you, is mobility?

Destruction cant cast Choas Bolt while moving anymore than Demo can Cast Hand of Gul'dan. Destro cant cast Incin while moving anymore than Demo can cast Shadowbolt. Destro cant cast immolate while moving anymore than Demo can cast Felstalkers. Desro needs to time Conflag instants for roaring blaze, just like demo has to time Shadowflame instants for staking the dot.

Destro has an advantage in having its resources RNG proc and recharge based in the sense that movement doesnt slow resource generation, however Demo has Demonwrath that helps negate that. Demo uses more mana and thus has more lifetap globals for movement which can easily be timed around most movement mechanics.

I am not saying that movement doesnt hurt the Demo train once its chugging down the tracks, but to say its not feasible because of movement is not accurate IMO.
    It takes 25-30 seconds before you deal the maximum output dps as demonology, you need to watch the rotation and cds like they were gauges at a nuclear power plant. If you move a inch, or interrupt your rotation because of raid mechanics, you just lost 20 seconds of build up.

While affliction also have a build up, it's not as punishing as demonology as the dots are instant cast and can be cast on the move.

Destruction is just like a fire mage from Wotlk that travelled into the future. They have no real build up, and playing the one is like rolling a dice hoping the chaos bolt hits for more than 300k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    200k is absolute garbage, look at the logs with your itemlevel lol

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    It takes 25-30 seconds before you deal the maximum output dps as demonology, you need to watch the rotation and cds like they were gauges at a nuclear power plant. If you move a inch, or interrupt your rotation because of raid mechanics, you just lost 20 seconds of build up.
    25-30s ramp up? Our summons only last 12 seconds. I don't really know how to respond seriously to the claim that side stepping a raid mechanic sets you back 20 seconds though since that's beyond exaggeration.

But we were talking movement... not ramp up...