Page 7 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    It can be done on LFR, the essences have a crappy low drop rate. I full cleared normal last week and got 1 total.
    Was reading comments on WoWhead that said different and confirmed by a blue post.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=43520/i...mares#comments
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Jesus Christ the only people who AFK in LFR are folks like (apparently) you who think they deserve the freedom to AFK because they have done the "real" content. Or folks who suddenly needed a #2. Just ... go away or something.
    I've seen plenty of people afk or auto attack for no reason. I don't do LFR and if I do I don't afk, regardless of the progression I've made in other difficulties.

There's absolutely no reason LFR has to have everything. There needs to be incentive to actually do raids with difficulties that require people to have some coordination and intelligence aside from gear. That's cosmetic rewards. Doesn't affect you if you can't do normal or can't be assed to pug a group, but it benefits those who do. Time to get over it.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-09-27 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    This is a very good thing, and any tears claiming otherwise taste sweet. The constent lowering of the bar has done more to harm the player base than any lack of content. They are asking you to do Normal, that's not an unreasonable requirement. My guild skipped normal and I had no issue pugging normal to get in some extra pulls and gear to help me in heroic.

If you can't handle normal, or simply don't want to do more than LFR, it's about time that you get denied access to certain things. No, you don't deserve the same as everyone else because you pay the same sub, if I put in more work than you, I'm entitled to more than you are because I actually earned it. From professions to raiding, the catering to casuals is over, and that's a very good thing.
    Your tears will be very sweet to some, when Blizzard ends up reverting all that crap again. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    You mean they are going to make you put in the slightest amount of effort to get your artifact quests done instead of just giving it to you? Oh dear, this is just terrible.
    You realize getting to the point where you get that quest requires more effort then NM EN right?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I do raid....in LFR
    I did lfr this morning. I stood in one place and didn't move. It's a scenario at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    There's absolutely no reason LFR has to have everything. There needs to be incentive to actually do raids with difficulties that require people to have some coordination and intelligence aside from gear.
    Good thing LFR has never had everything then and blizzard has added incentive before and could have done it the same way.

Doing the quest chain to get to the point where you get these quests requires more effort then EN NM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I did lfr this morning. I stood in one place and didn't move.
    So you had 24 others carry you, I on the other hand played my role in there. You afking in LFR is no different then getting carried in NM+.

7+ Year Old Account
    You realize getting to the point where you get that quest requires more effort then NM EN right?
    Then whats the big deal? Just put in a little more effort and you're done bud. Quit yer bitchin.

Wait, are you guys upset that you can't get a skin for your weapon by clearing the raid equivalent of It's A Small World?

And here my ass is doing PvP that I despise to get my giant jaw skin on my DH.

I should just go complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    How so if people wipe more on LFR? People cleared normals without wipes.
    sure if you count trolls and afk. I had half my group die in the chamber on illlgytee (or w/e) and still killed him. Sure we wiped on the trash at the start twice because some hunter decieded to pull the entire room of slimes and we got aoe'd down. But trolls are trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    You already solved your own "problem", mate.
    It's a problem that should never exist.

I shouldn't have to play raid leader to get shit done-especialyl If I eventually wanna get shit done on an alt.

Blizzard keeps wanting to shove the LFG down my throat. Which would be completely fine-if it weren't for the other people in LFG.

Yeah, go figure on that one.
    Okay, with my 847 it should be easy to find groups right? Oh wait. I'm a paladin dps. Also oh wait, I don't have fukin Cutting Edge yet, so no pugs for me.

Waiting for next tier is great advice. Stop playing "your" game and gitgud right?
    Exactly my point.

I'm not bemoaning at having to do "effort," I'm bemoaning a future of never getting shit done because of some arbitrary checklist that expects me to be clearing higher than what some douche wanting a carry does.

LFR was great because I could just queue and GO. Not having to deal with the nonsensical filter that players always end up acquiring.

But I can't even have that it seems.

Imo anything that is normal and up only is dumb. Heroic and up would make a lot more sense.

I dont see a issue tbh,

Since the start of mop I've only done LFR due to my time schedule, sure I'm online enough to get involved in a raid team but after long ish days weather it was my job or education I really can't be arsed to come on to raid, when its more than likely there will be drama or a RL shouting because hes fustrated Anyways.... I think its more than fair some cosmetic rewards need more than LFR or time / date restrictions. Don't get me wrong I'm all for everything being open to everyone in the game, but at the same time, people who work harder should get it quicker.

Finally some good news! Normal raiding is extremely easy btw.

Of course the casual players will say : Oh I can't queue and RL will scan me blablabla and I'm too lazy to start a group!
    Last edited by Sencha; 2016-09-27 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Then whats the big deal? Just put in a little more effort and you're done bud. Quit yer bitchin.
    The big deal is forcing someone into a raid mode they don't want to be in. Lore should not be tied behind a raid difficulty and nether should finishing your Artifact quest chain.

Sorry but I am not going to be at the mercy of the shit system known as LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Okay, with my 847 it should be easy to find groups right? Oh wait. I'm a paladin dps. Also oh wait, I don't have fukin Cutting Edge yet, so no pugs for me.

Waiting for next tier is great advice. Stop playing "your" game and gitgud right?
    I'm going to tell you a story real quick, mmkay?

At the end of BC, I had a prot paladin alt that I was working on. I didn't have any regular raids that I could join, so I had to pug her up. I made some crafted epics, bought some badge epics, and pugged enough Karazhan and Zul'Aman that I was solid enough to tank ZA bear runs and Hyjal and BT. I did all of this on my own.

My guild stopped raiding around this point, because the expansion was coming to an end. I didn't want to stop raiding, so I hit up one of the top guilds on the server and sent in an app... but not to join their guild. I app'd specifically to raid with them. The guild leader later told me that he thought I was crazy, the way I applied. I mean, who applies to raid with but not join a guild?

Well, I did. A few days later, I convince the guy to let me tank a Karazhan for him and his guildies. The run goes great and, sure enough, I'm tanking BT a week later. By the time I stopped raiding with them a few years later, I was the main tank (and actually in the guild, lol).

Anyway, an expansion or two later and I find myself in another guild. My previous guild had disbanded, I had gone through another high-end guild, which also disbanded, and found myself floundering through normal modes with the remnants of my old guild and a PVP guild. It wasn't going well and I was getting tired of it. So, I transfer to another server and immediately start looking to run some heroics raids. Now, I didn't have any heroic kills at this point -- no achievements to share. What I did have, however, was skill and the ability to talk myself up enough to sound like a good deal to whoever needed me. And that's what I did. I talked myself up. And, sure enough, I had several heroic kills within a few raids.

And that's what I've done every single time I've wanted to raid on alts or in-between guilds. I do my research, I make sure I know how to play my class, and then, confident in my ability to succeed, I look for a raid and sell myself to the raid leader until he's good and convinced as well. Then I raid and I excel. If the rest of the group is good, I usually become a core part of the group. If the rest of the raid is bad, I give it my best and then I find a better group the next time.

I've never needed an achievement to link and neither do you. All you need is skill and confidence in your abilities. If you have that, then figure out how to convey it to a group in need and you'll never have trouble finding a group again.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2016-09-27 at 09:20 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    I shouldn't have to play raid leader to get shit done-especialyl If I eventually wanna get shit done on an alt.
    Why? This is what comes down to: you feel entitled. If you don't want to "play raid leader", that's fine. Don't. Just don't expect to get the skin from Normal EN.

Blizzard keeps wanting to shove the LFG down my throat. Which would be completely fine-if it weren't for the other people in LFG.
    Yes, we get it. You're playing the wrong genre of game.

Deleted
    Also to be fair I killed normal bugdragon, Ursoc and heart already. The get 30 of something droprate is amazing as well but that's another story.
    My issue of not being able to finish this quest in LFR is that even with LFR coming out 1,5 months after normal, with the way pugs work I will see Xavius in LFR long before I get invited to a pug at all. And that is 6 weeks sitting in front of the raid clicking join on 5 groups at random then waiting to be declined because 847 in PuGland is lower than 840. Also Paladins are great right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I've never needed an achievement to link and neither do you. All you need is skill and confidence in your abilities. If you have that, then figure out how to convey it to a group in need and you'll never have trouble finding a group again.
    I like this fantasy world you live in, sadly its not reality.

Good thing LFR has never had everything then and blizzard has added incentive before and could have done it the same way.

Doing the quest chain to get to the point where you get these quests requires more effort then EN NM.

- - - Updated - - -.
    Okay...so go do EN normal and stop complaining?

This is the same thing as wanting to get the pvp skin as a PvE'r. Should I go complain that I have to do pvp in order to get a cosmetic reward?

This is an example of people complaining just for the sake of complaining. You proved that within this post that I quoted. If you had to put in more effort with the questlines leading up to EN normal than you should have no problem pugging it or going with your guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Not one person has bashed LFR. They are bashing your laziness. Sorry, but I don't think having the artifact progression just handed to you is very compelling content.
    I did artifact progression today thru pet battle.
    Also, killed WQ boss with one spell at 1% for 500AP reward. Thats not fair reward for really no effort.
    But asking for NM for cosmetic reward? Cmon...