Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It isn't that it can't be soloed, it's that it's something less people do than the other stuff on the tier and thus it's blocking the majority of players not just from unlocking it but form unlocking the world boss/dungeon ones too.
    Then suck it up and do the thing that you need to do to unlock the skin.
    Or on the other hand, accept that you won't do the thing needed and accept that you won't get the skin.

Also it would take 2 months assuming a different boss spawns every week (wasn't the case on beta) to get the other "easy" skin. World bosses are intended to be group content, not just tag and die and loot. Pretty much goes in line with what they've been attempting with legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hyperhyve View Post
    Could we just stop calling normal raids "hard" or "difficult" ? Because they aren't, and they aren't designed to be. They have even scrapped some of the abilities that encounters usually have. All it really is, is time-consuming. It takes just a little bit more time, to actually look for people, to complete the raid with. And I keep repeating myself: If you can't afford the time, or if you simply don't like playing with other people (in an MMORPG, as strange as it may sound), then the skin is just not for you. It's as simple as that, and none of the pseudo-arguments that were brought up in this thread changes this.
    Basically this. I cannot repeat this enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    I did read it. You said

Yet this has been in the game for the past few xpacs and everyone should have expected by now, There's going to be a raid quest, If you didn't you're either new, Or never really played the game.

Because raids weren't open? again ill use WOD as an example, You have to get the Cores from Different dungeons (Mm Seems similar, Possibly from Legion xpac? ) then you had to go into the Raid and get Stones Then Tablets then Tomes, Is going in the exact same way, We did dungeons, Now we are doing the raids.

See first answer.

Quest is misleading how? The fact is doesn't say it can only be completed in Normal or higher? which blizzard have now rightly said that in 7.1 they will be labelled more clearly. but other than that, Yeah i see how this quest is dumb making people go do Normal mode for once.
    You flat out state why it's misleading, and admit that Blizzard more or less agrees that it's misleading, then act like it's not misleading. That's a bit strange, dawg.

(NOTE, LIKE I I SAID IN A RESPONSE TO SOMEONE ELSE, IN SAYING THIS, I'M NOT SAYING THE SKIN SHOULD BE AVAILABLE IN LFR, IT'S PERFECTLY FINE THAT IT ISN'T, SINCE I KNOW SOME PEOPLE POINTING OUT LOGICAL FALLACIES IN AN UNRELATED WAY WILL SOMETIMES MAKE PEOPLE JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS).

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Imagine if the artifact chain required you to achieve a certain arena rating. People would go mental.
    Or having to hit level of prestige to unlock a specific skin like this quest chain is all about... People would go completely mental...
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    The issue is that its quest for EVERYONE with no indication that you need to raid for it.
    Granted, it wouldn't be a bad thing if they indicated it somehow. Then again, there's wowhead and other sites to look up a questline. Still bad design, I'll admit that.
    Still, if you believe that solely because the quest doesn't say "you need to actually raid a bit", you're entitled to basically get for free what others have to work for, then, by all means, you are the lost cause here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They are making NM+ raiding a requirement for people to progress there Artifact Quest Chain.
    haha, no they aren't. They are making an OPTIONAL SKIN available for those that raid. Not everything is handed to you on a silver platter. Stop crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Edit: Also no where does it state on the quests you need to do NM+ to finish them.
    There was a blue post, in 7.1 they will make it more clear. But for now, it is known.

Link: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...-quests-contd/

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    SINCE I KNOW SOME PEOPLE POINTING OUT LOGICAL FALLACIES IN AN UNRELATED WAY WILL SOMETIMES MAKE PEOPLE JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS).
    You mean like you did when you assumed the drops would be available in LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    You mean like you did when you assumed the drops would be available in LFR?
    I never made that assumption. Again, there you go, jumping to conclusions about someone just because they point something out.

I never made that assumption. Again, there you go, jumping to conclusions about someone just because they point something out.
    Then how is the quest misleading?

Then how is the quest misleading?
    -I- never made that assumption, but it's pretty easy to see why someone would. Blizzard even agrees with that. Blizzard even agrees with that.

You flat out state why it's misleading, and admit that Blizzard more or less agrees that it's misleading, then act like it's not misleading. That's a bit strange, dawg.

(NOTE, LIKE I I SAID IN A RESPONSE TO SOMEONE ELSE, IN SAYING THIS, I'M NOT SAYING THE SKIN SHOULD BE AVAILABLE IN LFR, IT'S PERFECTLY FINE THAT IT ISN'T, SINCE I KNOW SOME PEOPLE POINTING OUT LOGICAL FALLACIES IN AN UNRELATED WAY WILL SOMETIMES MAKE PEOPLE JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS).
    People shouldn't just assume stuff will drop in LFR. Again i will repeat this until people understand it, LFR was intended to be a stepping stone to get you into raids but that clearly failed and people don't do normal, Now people who only did LFR have an incentive to go do Normal Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The drops were available in LFR all throughout the beta. So he did not assume. Since it was that way in beta and noone said otherwise he expected.
    If I knew I'd have to PuG Normals all expansion, I'd have main spec'd holy instead of prot at least.
    Expecting something without official confirmation is the definition of assuming. Things change all the time from Beta, or I'd have my Axe skin already.

The drops were available in LFR all throughout the beta. So he did not assume. Since it was that way in beta and noone said otherwise he expected.
    If I knew I'd have to PuG Normals all expansion, I'd have main spec'd holy instead of prot at least.
    Take Beta stuff with grains of salt. 1) It was a bug, 2) It was for testing purposes

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    People shouldn't just assume stuff will drop in LFR. Again i will repeat this until people understand it, LFR was intended to be a stepping stone to get you into raids but that clearly failed and people don't do normal, Now people who only did LFR have an incentive to go do Normal Raid.
    Yeah, maybe, but Blizzard totally disagrees, and thinks they clearly flubbed the messaging there, and, as you even pointed out, they're going to fix it.

Again, I'm not, like... making any grand statement about anything here. I just think it's weird for someone to say "Misleading how?" then like.. plainly state how it is misleading, and how the company who made said quest also thinks it's misleading, and how they're going to actually fix their mistake.

I'm not defending anything. Except maybe using logic in your sentences!

It is intentional that the quests “In Nightmares” and “Essence of Power” cannot be completed on Raid Finder difficulty. That quest chain is intended to provide a cosmetic reward for participating in organized, non-matchmade content. As such, we wanted to keep this step in line with the previous steps in the chain, which require completing Mythic Dungeons.

This restriction is specific to this quest chain, which has a cosmetic-only reward. Other quest chains, such as “The Stuff of Dreams” from the Suramar campaign, will be completable through Raid Finder. We’ll be making some additional changes in Patch 7.1 to more clearly communicate when and where these restrictions apply.
    As such, we wanted to keep this step in line with the previous steps in the chain, which require completing Mythic Dungeons.
    Group up, scrubs.

So what? Anything and everything can change in the beta phase.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Group up, scrubs.
    That's basically what the QQ-army should take away from this thread, lol.

-I- never made that assumption, but it's pretty easy to see why someone would. Blizzard even agrees with that. Blizzard even agrees with that.
    About the only thing you'll get me to agree on is that adding a "This item only drops in Normal difficulty or higher" would be more than fine, if only to shut up the small % of people complaining for that reason. Most are just upset that the items don't drop in LFR, go read the plethora of threads posted on various WoW forums already (including this very one), it's hard to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    no probably most lfr raider chose it to avoid being in guild with people like you, less stressful gaming session > any reward
    then you choose to not get the reward? problem fuckin solved?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Prove it. Outside of maybe world bosses, you're wrong.
    If you go to Wowhead they have a guide to unlocking artefact appearances. Two of the others on the tier require 8 world boss kills and completing the dungeon achievements respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperhyve View Post
    Could we just stop calling normal raids "hard" or "difficult" ?
    Nobody's doing that. Saying that wind makes painting a fence harder doesn't mean painting a fence is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Then suck it up and do the thing that you need to do to unlock the skin.
    As you apparently haven't read any of the thread I will just quote myself:
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

About the only thing you'll get me to agree on is that adding a "This item only drops in Normal difficulty or higher" would be more than fine, if only to shut up the small % of people complaining for that reason. Most are just upset that the items don't drop in LFR, go read the plethora of threads posted on various WoW forums already (including this very one), it's hard to miss.
    I know that, I honestly don't care. But you do have to admit that it does probably set up some sort of level of expectation when the other quests specifically do say mythic difficulty dungeons, and the raid one doesn't say anything at all about difficulty. I don't think it's an unwarranted complaint or anything. It's just kind of bad quest design. They probably just flat out overlooked it.