Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Whelp, that pretty much seals the deal. This, in addition to all the other crap in Legion, has made the game just not worth playing anymore. I'm not going to be stuck with two weapon models for the rest of the expansion because raiders like to feel 'spechul'. So fuck it.

Deleted
    It was about time. Now they can slowly remove that Abomination that is LFR&LFD and make WoW great again. Auto-queuing was the biggest mistake Blizz ever did.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, finally! There weren't enough limits on those rotten casuals. It's about time Blizz put them in their place.

/rolleyes

I have no problem with the raid quests but this thread title is super trollish. Come on, guy.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's good to separate to an extent, it makes the items a tad more special and it gives you a clear goal to work towards. As long as they don't gate artifact progression and story content this way it's great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Yes, finally! There weren't enough limits on those rotten casuals. It's about time Blizz put them in their place.

/rolleyes

I have no problem with the raid quests but this thread title is super trollish. Come on, guy.
    Yeah... You joke, but that's what a lot of the raiders actually do feel and how they actually do think. There's never been as much elitism in WoW as there is now.

Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    It is clear blizzard is clueless about their own game. I guess it's true, no King lives forever. Good luck everyone. Blizzard, you failed.
    Again, a cosmetic reward we are reserving for those who participate in organized, non-matchmade content.
    It is clear blizzard is clueless about their own game. I guess it's true, no King lives forever. Good luck everyone. Blizzard, you failed.
    Again, a cosmetic reward we are reserving for those who participate in organized, non-matchmade content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    I guess I'm ok with it even if I'm not a raider, I'll just get it slowly by pugging. BUT I think there should be equality between the PVE and PVP appearances.
    PVE players can get the PVP appearance easy as fuck just by doing PVP world quests and unrated BGs, which are like the equivalent of LFR (just queue with a bunch of randoms).
    For the PVE appearance now you have to organize a group of people and do the normal raid, which is a pain in the ass. Imagine if playing rated PVP was required for the PVP appearance, people would go nuts complaining.

Deleted
    Haha, this is so fun to read through, What kind of mentality is it people have nowadays ? "I dont want to do X, but i want Y" just take a chill pill and be satisfied with what you got - seriously instead of taking it as a personal bash to your "LFR raiding", take it as a incentive to go for normal raid.

LFR is a good alternative to allow people to see bosses and content, that they wouldnt have access to otherwise - but thats it - you want better gear and all that for a raid that is probably easier than HC dungeons now ? Cmon be reasonable!!

Cmon people its frigging skin, so what ?. go PVP and get yourself a Prestige level if you fancy another skin

Sorry, LFR will not be going anywhere anytime soon. LFR was put into the game because of the lack of participation in the normal raids. It got to the point where it would not be worth the time and cost to develop raids so thus LFR was born. That was stated by Blizzard. If you think that getting rid of LFR will cause those people currently using to move up to normal raiding you better think again.

You should be happy LFR exists because without it raiding as is stands now my not exist at all. It all comes down to money. Why develop something that a vast majority of the people are not using. Personally, I think this is the reason that dungeons/raids are being inserted into quest chains to force people into doing content they otherwise would not use. Honestly, did tey really need to force people to do dungeons to get crafting patterns/recipes?

Anyway, I have no issues with mounts, skins and such being dungeon/raid rewards. I do have an issue when you can not finish a quest chains/storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    Sorry, LFR will not be going anywhere anytime soon. LFR was put into the game because of the lack of participation in the normal raids. It got to the point where it would not be worth the time and cost to develop raids so thus LFR was born. That was stated by Blizzard. If you think that getting rid of LFR will cause those people currently using to move up to normal raiding you better think again.

You should be happy LFR exists because without it raiding as is stands now my not exist at all. It all comes down to money. Why develop something that a vast majority of the people are not using. Personally, I think this is the reason that dungeons/raids are being inserted into quest chains to force people into doing content they otherwise would not use. Honestly, did tey really need to force people to do dungeons to get crafting patterns/recipes?

Anyway, I have no issues with mounts, skins and such being dungeon/raid rewards. I do have an issue when you can not finish a quest chains/storyline.
    You can finish it. Go do normal or higher.

Deleted
    A cosmetic reward .... What is the issue.. I do LFR and can live without that cosmetic reward. let the guys that can dedicate their time and effort have a cosmetic reward , nothing wrong with that .

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I'm expecting to see a heading along these lines some time in the future: "Stupid Blizzard, making cosmetic rewards in non-matchmaking content giving high-end raiders something to sell as carries to casuals, you might as well be handing raiders free gold."

Every decision has two sides of faulty consequences, no matter how genuine the notion.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    So you'd like the PvP appearances without doing PvP content as well yeah?

Same thing LFR isn't raiding so why should you get cosmetic raid rewards for it?
    You can get the pvp appearances without ever doing actual pvp at the warden towers.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawnapple View Post
    lol OP, are you silly bro?

Do you have any idea how easy it is to run pug through the entire raid on normal difficulty?
    Six pugs I was in during the week were wiping for hours on evil tree and cenarius.
    You call that easy?

How does what casuals get in terms of appearance or gear affect you exactly? Normal is easy as fuck so there will still be a ton of people running around with that artifact appearance. I somehow find that when there are a ton of people using those appearances I am less inclined to want to use them and go back to my own unique transmogs and weapons.

I think you're confusing bad players with casual players, since not having time to do structured raids does not make a person a bad player, it doesn't make you less deserving of something. You could argue they should find time, but that's what LFR is for, except now they don't get that benefit.

There's nothing special about it requiring normal, anyone with half a brain will get it by pugging normal eventually.
    Last edited by Malygaa; 2016-09-28 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Thats a good thing though. If you do harder content, you get better rewards. it makes sense.
    Pretty much this, and its not like its on a time restriction either. It fits in perfectly with how I think blizzard should do it, give everyone access or a way to access an item and let them do it if and when they want too.

To me, my only objection to rewards is when they get removed from the game, and I think blizzard pretty much agree with that on the most part - look at Nax mount achis being removed but from uld onwards they've been left in

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Yeah, it seems silly to lock mythic+15, mythic(dungeon) achievements and world boss skins behind the normal+ raid skin

Both locking the mythic dungeon appearances behind a raid, and world boss behind normal
    I haven't really given a heap of attention to the different skins so I didn't realise this was the case. In general I'm perfectly content with things like this being gated behind different aspects of the game but I agree that this is particular decision is odd.

I think the guy was just a bit confused because the cosmetic thing was a reward from a quest. If it had been from an achievement I don't think he would've even made the complaint. So basically what he was upset about was not being able to do a quest without doing organized raiding, more so than getting the actual cosmetic reward for completing the quest chain, because he perceived questing to be something that is out of scope of raiding, something for leveling and casual player. Of course he is wrong about that, the AQ40 opening quests was pretty damn exclusive and that was way back in vanilla, so precedent for exclusive quests exists. But I think that's where he was coming from, rather than complaining about not being able to obtain the cosmetic reward.

Personally I am glad because now I will have no reason to go into LFR. Otherwise I would've felt obliged to do it in order to complete the quest ASAP. So now I can just continue running a casual Normal raid every Sunday with my mates to slowly acquire the quest items. I really wish they would purge LFR and replace it with Mythic-versions of what would have been each LFR wing of any given raid though, so that I could enjoy the scenery, lore, and mobs as 5-man content like the Casual yet-challenge-seeking player I am. I just prefer my challenge in 30-minute dozes with just a few friends as the sole tank with a sole healer.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    So you'd like the PvP appearances without doing PvP content as well yeah?

Same thing LFR isn't raiding so why should you get cosmetic raid rewards for it?

AMEN aleluya brothers and sisters... fuck the casuals... go play tetris

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Whelp, that pretty much seals the deal. This, in addition to all the other crap in Legion, has made the game just not worth playing anymore. I'm not going to be stuck with two weapon models for the rest of the expansion because raiders like to feel 'spechul'. So fuck it.
    its not surprise that whole top of wow devs are leaving game - clearly the faction that supporst raid or die mentality won and their see that game will die quickly - no point geting fired when they will start shuting down wow as project in 2-3 years. 1 more expansion and then end of wow with htis approach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajd777 View Post
    AMEN aleluya brothers and sisters... fuck the casuals... go play tetris
    exept you can get pvp appearances just by famring towers wq -_- so not sure what exackly are you celebrating