Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You need artifact knowledge level 5. I got mine after killing 2 eredar supplicants. I am on the quest which asks me to have 13 skulls from elite WQs. I've done 5 elite WQs while not in a raid and 0 skulls. It seems it's not 100% drop chance on skulls either.

Deleted
    Just dropped off a Defiler (last one I was gonna kill before hearthing lol)

This was in High Mountain, in the Felbane area (there is often a world quest here, the spawns for Defiles ar efast and they are in groups of three, but the Risen Chieftains and elites are a nuisance)

Exalted with Nightborn, revered with all other factions, Emerald Nightmare cleared (normal mode), Artifact Knowledge level 5, artifact at level 22

Quote Originally Posted by Zalene View Post
    Must be the AK 5, as I only have 13 traits on my Harvester.
    Mhm ok, but was your lootspec aff also?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlastet View Post
    You need artifact knowledge level 5. I got mine after killing 2 eredar supplicants. I am on the quest which asks me to have 13 skulls from elite WQs. I've done 5 elite WQs while not in a raid and 0 skulls. It seems it's not 100% drop chance on skulls either.
    AFAIk they have to be humaoids or giants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Mhm ok, but was your lootspec aff also?
    I was farming for the heads for my Skull, especially because I main Demo, so I had the lootspec set to Demonology/Current spec. Seems like it drops for all specializations for Warlocks, maybe for the rest of the classes as well.

Can anyone confirm if the mob has to have a world quest active for it to drop a skull?

Deleted
    Fairly sure it does. When ther tooltip says "elite" it means the gold dragon around a world quest, because the mobs you kill are mostly not elite outside of the WQ.

Got my first skull off a WQ linked mob today, and I'm fairly sure the mob itself was not an elite, and never has been.

If it was all elites you could farm these things in like ten minutes (off the Sea Skags or Ettins for example)

Dropped my grimorie of Shadowsworn Defiler in HM. No WQ active. Right after getting AK5 and never step into NE.

After killing 50+ as affliction spec'd and affliction as loot, i switched the loot spec to demo and dropped on the 4th mob. Could be pure RNG, idk.

A question: after you get the hidden appearance it comes on what original color? What exactly you have to do to get access to each other color?

Quote Originally Posted by N3CROMANCER View Post
    What exactly you have to do to get access to each other color?
    Not sure if it's true, but most other colors seem to unlock by doing content with the hidden skin. IIRC one was clearing 100 dungeons with the hidden skin.

I'm wondering : if you unlock a recolor on one hidden skin, does it get unlocked on the hidden skins of your other spec artifacts ?

ps : also got the grimoire from farming mobs in HM. AK5, EN cleaned in NM and no exalted reputations (not even nightfallen)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Margeta View Post
    I'm wondering : if you unlock a recolor on one hidden skin, does it get unlocked on the hidden skins of your other spec artifacts ?

ps : also got the grimoire from farming mobs in HM. AK5, EN cleaned in NM and no exalted reputations (not even nightfallen)
    Dunno but doubt it since each spec has their own drops for their skins. I've not heard of any locks with the Destro skin from the ritual have other specs unlocked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Fairly sure it does. When ther tooltip says "elite" it means the gold dragon around a world quest, because the mobs you kill are mostly not elite outside of the WQ.

Got my first skull off a WQ linked mob today, and I'm fairly sure the mob itself was not an elite, and never has been.

If it was all elites you could farm these things in like ten minutes (off the Sea Skags or Ettins for example)

Maybe it should be seeing as how rare the current format needed appears. I mean, while some got lucky getting their grimoire to drop after a few kills, others did put in quite a lot of hours to get theirs already. No other class/specs has to cross fingers for an elite humanoid WQ that might drop a skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Dunno but doubt it since each spec has their own drops for their skins. I've not heard of any locks with the Destro skin from the ritual have other specs unlocked.
    Not sure if my question was clear : I meant if you have the three hidden skins unlocked, is the unlocking of secondary colors on each of them shared ?

Deleted
    No other class/specs has to cross fingers for an elite humanoid WQ that might drop a skull.
    You say that like you almost believe the devs wouldn;t make it ten times harder and more frustrating for one class than it is for another

lol

Poor paladins having to farm Alterac Valley for example

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    You say that like you almost believe the devs wouldn;t make it ten times harder and more frustrating for one class than it is for another

lol

Poor paladins having to farm Alterac Valley for example
    You mean the drops that can be bought off AH and a super high drop in AV? Yep, so tough. Though they (Rets) have quite an intricate quest line.

Meanwhile, my comment stands how maybe the requirement for WQ Elite boss only that maybe/maybe doesn't drop one of 13 skulls needed for the skin should be lightened.
    Last edited by Moggie; 2016-09-28 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Not sure if it's true, but most other colors seem to unlock by doing content with the hidden skin. IIRC one was clearing 100 dungeons with the hidden skin.
    I've read about this; 100 dgs, 1000 kills, etc.

But does anyone know what to do for each color of the hidden appearence? Like what to do for the red, green, etc.?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N3CROMANCER View Post
    I've read about this; 100 dgs, 1000 kills, etc.

But does anyone know what to do for each color of the hidden appearence? Like what to do for the red, green, etc.?
    When you finish say, 100 Dungeons, the locked appearance unlocks automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the mob has to have a world quest active for it to drop a skull?
    I'm curious about this myself. I keep getting beast or other non-humanoid type mobs for my WQs. If it's entirely dependent on the mob being a WQ, this is going to take forever.

Has anyone noticed if you can go track down the mobs on your own or if they ONLY drop from the WQ mobs?
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it should be seeing as how rare the current format needed appears. I mean, while some got lucky getting their grimoire to drop after a few kills, others did put in quite a lot of hours to get theirs already. No other class/specs has to cross fingers for an elite humanoid WQ that might drop a skull.
    Dont worry, I agree with you entirely. At the very least the WQ to kill the weekly world boss should ALSO count. I'd also like blue texted wanted quests to always drop skulls....OR remove the skull bullshit entirely so its farm time and then go murder eredar lady.

I got the Affliction Grimoire today.

Destruction specced
    Artifact Knowledge 5
    Revered 5/6, only Honored with Wardens

Killed Eredar Supplicants during World Quest in that area for 30 minutes with no drop. Second or third kill on the 50% tougher Eredar Soulmages to the west (1.4mil hp vs 800k hp for the Supplicants) yielded a Grimoire. It's RNG, but it's possible the tougher mobs have a higher drop chance, so maybe that will help you out.

I think AK 5 might be the only prerequisite before you can have it drop from the Eredar enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem94 View Post
    Dont worry, I agree with you entirely. At the very least the WQ to kill the weekly world boss should ALSO count. I'd also like blue texted wanted quests to always drop skulls....OR remove the skull bullshit entirely so its farm time and then go murder eredar lady.
    Not worried about whatever At the current estimate I read on, I think the official forums it'll take 39 days for Affliction to unlock it's skin. I think I'll leave that one there for others to simmer on, cause that's just completely stupid. So, a change to how or where skulls drop is very much needed as no other class has that kind of grind.